Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson Joins Browns
(03-18-2022, 05:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They were desperate. They wanted to get away from Baker.

That said, talk about paying through the nose. For a risky player.

And the Joe Burrow effect. Think they saw the writing on the wall that Hayfield wasn't going to be able to keep pace with Bengals and Ravens QB for that matter.

Desperation is probably correct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry I am usually more polished but I had to post this...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Anyway I'm not concerned as far as the Bengals competing with the Browns. Watson is, or was a very good QB. But who does he have to pass to now? Amari Cooper and that's about it. And Browns just gave away a ton of draft picks.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Anyway I'm not concerned as far as the Bengals competing with the Browns.  Watson is, or was a very good QB.  But who does have to pass to now?  Amari Cooper and that's about it.

They're gonna have $11.29 left to spend on a couple WR's, rumor has it.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is why when you get to the Super Bowl you have to think of it as your only shot.

Well, the Browns are going to start Keenum for 6+ games this year while he's suspended and then he'll be rusty...I assume.  Next year maybe I'll worry a bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Watson's agent is also Jessie Bates agent... lets enjoy him on the tag this year, maybe on tag next year too and then wish him luck.

This guy is piece of work... $230M FULLY GUARANTEED.

[Image: dorygee_67163688_2375199266133395_743432...2185_n.jpg]

Who is this guy?  Is that Bates Agent?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the Joe Burrow effect. Think they saw the writing on the wall that Hayfield wasn't going to be able to keep pace with Bengals and Ravens QB for that matter.

Desperation is probably correct.

They haven't really drafted a good QB in 25 years...may as well take a shot at a guy like Watson.  And at least all our sex offender QB jokes will be relevant again.
Reply/Quote
Division loses one pervert for another.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Lol I just saw the details of the trade. They gave up more for Watson than they did Bo Callahan. I didn’t think that was possible
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I bet anything given what the Browns gave up, this will once again bite them in the ass.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They haven't really drafted a good QB in 25 years...may as well take a shot at a guy like Watson.  And at least all our sex offender QB jokes will be relevant again.

Oh I don't blame them on moving on from Mayfield. And Watson has always been a very good QB. Still all things considered it seems like they've bet the farm on one throw of the dice.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I bet anything given what the Browns gave up, this will once again bite them in the ass.

Maybe...if draft picks made the Browns good they would been the best team on the planet for the past few decades, though.
Reply/Quote
I love Pete, so this is interesting.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is why when you get to the Super Bowl you have to think of it as your only shot.

We Still have the Best Roster in the AFC plus we have significantly improved our biggest weakness in the Offensive  line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I don't blame them on moving on from Mayfield. And Watson has always been a very good QB. Still all things considered it seems like they've bet the farm on one throw of the dice.

Gotta throw them dice after you go bust (bust-ish, as far as Baker goes) on a first overall pick QB like the Bucs did going from Winston to Brady.  If we managed to win 5 games in 2019 and we still had Dalton under center and Burrow had just taken the Dolphins to the SB, I'd be ok with the Bengals going all in on Watson, too.

As I said, right now going all in on a QB is the way to go and locking up a decent QB is the way to set your franchise back years.  Maybe the winds of change will blow, but at the moment...the Browns may as well do it.

(03-18-2022, 06:05 PM)J24 Wrote: We Still have the Best Roster in the AFC plus we have significantly improved our biggest weakness in the Offensive  line.

Pretty much.  When you are good you don't care who the other teams have at QB.  If we were still a middling team I'd be less amused by this.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: But couldn't the contract be written to void guarantee if legal issues arise or no?

Could, but I doubt he'd sign that

To get him to go to Cleveland, they had to have given him anything and everything he wanted.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: Could, but I doubt he'd sign that

To get him to go to Cleveland, they had to have given him anything and everything he wanted.

I still think the Browns' FO met with Watson mostly knowing Baker would go full meltdown on the situation and then Watson did them one better and used their new QB issue to demand and even richer sum.

It's interesting as hell, I gotta say.  They pretty much duped Baker into turning down like $160 million dollars from them.  As bas as the Watson thing COULD go, they Browns were 1 average 2022 season away from having to give Baker a whole lotta money.
Reply/Quote
Anyway, congrats to the Browns for having the modern day version of the Steelers Pig Ben as your QB. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:20 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Anyway, congrats to the Browns for having the modern day version of the Steelers Pig Ben as your QB. Tongue

Browns better call whatever nursing home DlCK Lebeau is staying at and convince him to unretire, because that's the only time Pig Pen won anything of note.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Browns better call whatever nursing home DlCK Lebeau is staying at and convince him to unretire, because that's the only time Pig Pen won anything of note.

I don't see how the Steelers are going to be relevant this year but they are like a cockroach that is hard to step on.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote