Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
(08-01-2022, 12:21 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Some people are gonna defend guys like Watson no matter what. A couple of these guys have been doing so for months in other threads.

They'd rather defend the multimillionaire with 24+ accusations than believe that these women could be telling the truth.

Hell one of these threads these same guys basically said it was the women's fault because EVERYBODY knows that massage therapist are known to do sexual favors for money so they should have expected it when they went into that career.

Right? Its beyond weird. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(08-01-2022, 02:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's a question for her. The logic she used throughout the ruling was weird, it flips back and forth and doesn't seem consistent while she claims she has to do things for consistency. 

I think Goodell probably still has one of his Lt's hear the appeal rather than him but I have to think he's already heard from a lot of owners on this and they aren't happy. 

She went midway. She was in a no win. Too harsh and the Watson camp would complain. 0 games and public outcry. So she went with a vanilla number that pleased neither side.
Another interesting note, Robinson concludes that she believes Watson lied during his testimony on multiple occasions but doesn't seem to be applying any punishment around those lies. I think this will be another point the NFL may point to when looking at the appeal.
(08-01-2022, 09:38 AM)pally Wrote: He received a 6 game suspension.  He will miss a Steelers, Chargers, and Patriots games.  Which of course can impact the overall playoff picture

He'll serve at least 8 and probably 10. Remember, the NFL has their own behavior and conduct policy and Goodell already screwed up the Ray Rice initial suspension years ago by giving the guy only 2 games. While Watson was innocent from criminal activity in judicial eyes, I'm pretty sure his behavior isn't what the NFL really condones. NFL won't get this wrong.
(08-01-2022, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: She went midway. She was in a no win. Too harsh and the Watson camp would complain. 0 games and public outcry. So she went with a vanilla number that pleased neither side.

You can't "both sides" these things. You have to stick with one train of thought and ride that the whole way. Trying to ride the fence simply makes her look awful, much like this written report is doing. It is getting eaten alive by lawyers right now throughout social media.
(08-01-2022, 02:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Another interesting note, Robinson concludes that she believes Watson lied during his testimony on multiple occasions but doesn't seem to be applying any punishment around those lies. I think this will be another point the NFL may point to when looking at the appeal.

Well she also points out that the NFL is a private entity and can do what they want.

But, that it's unfair to punish people when expectations aren't set.
(08-01-2022, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well she also points out that the NFL is a private entity and can do what they want.

But, that it's unfair to punish people when expectations aren't set.

Again, this thing is a train wreck and is all over the place. That line about expectations is funny because SHE HERSELF is administering a punishment outside of the scope the CBA allows. This means there is no expectation of her own punishment but she is cool with that because...well no one knows because her logic makes no sense haha.
the fact he gets to play out all this year is joke. the nfl should be ashamed of themselfs.
(08-01-2022, 02:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...I see teams do this all the time. They bring in the guy with legal charges that is talented. And everyone is like 'Wow - They're going to win the championship now because of that player!'

And I can't think of 1 example where it works out that way.

Like the Browns have Kareem Hunt. Now Watson.

You want your QB to be a leader. The behavior he showed, is not leadership.

In fact...what have the Texans won with him?

Guy hasn't played football in 3 years and has a broke knee, plus all the baggage. I'd be willing to bet he isn't the same guy as he was. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(08-01-2022, 02:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can't "both sides" these things. You have to stick with one train of thought and ride that the whole way. Trying to ride the fence simply makes her look awful, much like this written report is doing. It is getting eaten alive by lawyers right now throughout social media.

That's precisely what arbitrators do in many cases. They go right down the middle.

BTW The report has details of the case. Watson would contact them in Instagram and go over details of the upcoming massage. Some pretty sick details that I won't post.
(08-01-2022, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's precisely what arbitrators do in many cases. They go right down the middle.

BTW The report has details of the case. Watson would contact them in Instagram and go over details of the upcoming massage. Some pretty sick details that I won't post.

hes a disgusting person. the fact he got all that money and gets to play this year is just examples of the sad state of our society. 
Wow really thought he would get the season. 6 games is insane. Then again so is the contract he got. Unreal.
6 games isn’t as long as I thought he’d get, he and the Browns got lucky IMO.
Gotta think the NFL steps up on this. Even if they get tied up in court over it. Watson would be foolish to sue as discovery could reveal a crime or force him into a perjury trap. If it were my decision he would never play another down for an NFL franchise.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
He's gone for the year all this is kabuki theater. NFLPA won't strike over Watson.
I feel like if the average person went out and did this stuff, they'd be arrested and in jail.

There was part of the report that had details of exactly what he did.
(08-01-2022, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  There were allegations of forcible sodomy. 

No there were nor. There were zero allegations of physical violence of any type.

And people comparing this to Bauer are just trying to stir up a witch hunt. There were allegations of physical violence by Trevor. Totally different case.
And everyone talking about the "high bar" to convict a person of a crime does not understand how a grand jury works. All you need for an indictment is the lowest level of "probable cause" that a crime was committed. The State had nothing.
(08-01-2022, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No there were nor. There were zero allegations of physical violence of any type.

And people comparing this to Bauer are just trying to stir up a witch hunt. There were allegations of physical violence by Trevor. Totally different case.

Yeah Fred there were. Read the complaints.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-browns-nfl-suspension/tmgtu9pzyg2zjdbgn6wknzot

Quote:The third claimed Watson forced the woman through intimidation and threats to perform oral sex in December 2020.
Can we please stop with the “witch hunt” nonsense? Does anyone who’s throwing that term around actually believe Watson is innocent?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]