Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We Almost Hired Eric Bieniemy in 2019!
(11-16-2021, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: The right skin color huh?

You know, like Marvin. You know someone has no argument when all they can bring up is skin color. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Bienemeys resume was 100x better
Than Zac Taylors. He had evidence of knowing his X and Os
Translating to taking the passing game to another level.
If EB didnt have it upstairs then Reid would have shown him
The door by now.
But Zac Taylor had the right skin color and the saying all
The right things in the interview.
Im.sure he counseled
Young Sheldon before sitting down

Like forming coherent sentences and typing normal paragraphs?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like forming coherent sentences and typing normal paragraphs?  Mellow

Yeah something like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, if I interview for a position and they choose someone else...it means I was 'almost hired'?  Nervous

If only everyone could see that since i voted I coulda been the president too or because i once hopped on a train I coulda been a robber baron and owned all the railroads.. LOL
So perhaps he interviewed, perhaps not, but there's zero proof he would have been one iota better than anyone else considered for the job, but hey, I once knew a guy who knew a guy with a friend that was an acquaintance with someone named Brown and his first name might have started with an M! Heck! My first name starts with an M! . I coulda have owned the Bengals! ThumbsUp Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Taylor has turned out ok

11-29-1 is ok?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with the direction we went.

Yeah, were still off from being a contender, but not far. Considering the rebuild zt walked into, he's done an excellent job rebuilding multiple areas in a couple years.

Biemeney is a popular name, but dude is a question mark as far as his actual contributions. His boss says it's all the staff, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like forming coherent sentences and typing normal paragraphs?  Mellow

Forum burn!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: But Zac Taylor had the right skin color

I am one of those guys who is very good at providing specific citations to evidence of systemic racism (court cases, scientific studies, admissions, etc).

And it is comments like this that spoil my chances for the honest discussion that is needed in this country.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: But Zac Taylor had the right skin color and the saying all

So that's why there aren't more white running backs and receivers!! Darn Racists!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Bienemeys resume was 100x better
Than Zac Taylors. He had evidence of knowing his X and Os
Translating to taking the passing game to another level.
If EB didnt have it upstairs then Reid would have shown him
The door by now.
But Zac Taylor had the right skin color and the saying all
The right things in the interview. Im.sure he counseled
Young Sheldon before sitting down

Zac's ability to create a winning culture was 100x better.  There's NO chance EB could've walked into what Zac walked into and done better.  

I can make ridiculous statements too.  What I can't do is I can't believe I really read that ZT had the right skin color as any part of justification to the hire.  I imagine you can't be banned for your inability to form coherent sentences or paragraphs, but injecting racism into a post certainly should.  It has zero place here or anywhere else.  And sure, you might've been joking, but jokes like these keep that BS alive.  

Also , Andy Reid calls plays, and Mahomes has all but confirmed he's gonna do what he wants to do.  So what does EB do again?  The fact that he was a Bengal and the fact that Mike Brown is nothing if not Loyal to a fault should've all but made this a sure thing.  It must be true then that ZT was a better choice given those factors.  
Reply/Quote
They can still do the right thing and hire nine after this season!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 12:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think it's quite obvious why he's not been considered for a HC. Despite having the title of offensive coordinator and depsite Reid giving Bienemy a lot of credit for how the offense runs, most are still giving Reid the credit for the offense being so good. 

Do any of us give Callahan any credit/blame for our offense? Or do we give it all to Taylor?

I agree with you on this. I think many believe it’s Reid’s offense mainly and didn’t really credit Bienemy with their success. Just a feel from the things I read at the time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 06:14 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Zac's ability to create a winning culture was 100x better.  

11-29-1

Hilarious LMAO WTFLOL
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 03:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 11-29-1 is ok?

5-3 and right in the playoff hunt is pretty darned good. Or, you can live in the past and keep bringing up the rebuild years.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 5-3 and right in the playoff hunt is pretty darned good. Or, you can live in the past and keep bringing up the rebuild years.

It is 5-4 and that is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Bengals team the year before Zac arrived.

So what new "culture" has Zac built?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:10 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Having Chase AND Burrow don't = a SUPER BOWL.

We've had Carson AND Ocho Sinko & Andy AND AJ Green and no SUPER BOWL.  

I see how Mike Brown has the city under the QB+WR "hooked like heroin" formula going. 

I'd prefer Bieniemy and a chance to the Super Bowl, than not having had the aforemention sexy formulas. Ninja

PS. Bieniemy will be with us in 2022.

His take on the drafts might have been to trade out both these years for tons of picks, and depending on what his focus, it could have turned out fine, like building up the lines earlier and having a stouter defense and relying on having a better run game.

Would it turn out better than burrow and chase? I don’t know, developing more players is still a risk.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 06:14 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Zac's ability to create a winning culture was 100x better.  There's NO chance EB could've walked into what Zac walked into and done better.  

I can make ridiculous statements too.  What I can't do is I can't believe I really read that ZT had the right skin color as any part of justification to the hire.  I imagine you can't be banned for your inability to form coherent sentences or paragraphs, but injecting racism into a post certainly should.  It has zero place here or anywhere else.  And sure, you might've been joking, but jokes like these keep that BS alive.  

Also , Andy Reid calls plays, and Mahomes has all but confirmed he's gonna do what he wants to do.  So what does EB do again?  The fact that he was a Bengal and the fact that Mike Brown is nothing if not Loyal to a fault should've all but made this a sure thing.  It must be true then that ZT was a better choice given those factors.  

Calm down. Bienemy had a better resume than Taylor.
Thats fact. And Im sure Andy Reid gave full support
Behind him becoming a HC. 
Dont like my opinion. Too bad. I.just said what alot
Of people are thinking.
Hiring ZT was the "safe" choice. 
Zac might get this team to the playoffs.
But if its a one and done deal then is he really changing the culture?
Only way to change cultures is to go above and beyond what has been previously set forth.
What has been 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Calm down. Bienemy had a better resume than Taylor.

Yes, he did. And I was Team Bienemy that year, too. However, can't deny Taylor seems to have us on the right track this year (last 2 games, notwithstanding)

(11-17-2021, 10:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Hiring ZT was the "safe" choice. 

Was it though? Dude had very little coordinator experience and what he did have was not great. Bienemy, on the other hand, was OC on a team with a dominant offense. The "safe" choice would be take Bienemy even with the questions around how much control of the offense he did have.

(11-17-2021, 10:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac might get this team to the playoffs.
Only way to change cultures is to go above and beyond what has been previously set forth.

Yes. Making the playoffs is going above and beyond winning 2 and 4.5 games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Calm down. Bienemy had a better resume than Taylor.
Thats fact. And Im sure Andy Reid gave full support
Behind him becoming a HC. 
Dont like my opinion. Too bad. I.just said what alot
Of people are thinking.
Hiring ZT was the "safe" choice. 
Zac might get this team to the playoffs.
What has been 

I respect even your opinion.  I have no respect for racial comments of any kind.  That said, I'll move on from that.

No reason to write the rest of the ZT book though, he's given us a fun team to watch this year.  Heck, even last year it was fun to watch, it just rarely ended well.  

We had two rough losses in a row, but let's watch 'em smoke the Raiders and see if our opinion rebounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is 5-4 and that is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Bengals team the year before Zac arrived.

So what new "culture" has Zac built?

Right, 5-4.... you got me, wow. If you can't see the difference in this locker room vs. locker rooms of the past, you haven't been paying attention and I'm sorry for you.
Reply/Quote