Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North
(02-12-2024, 01:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the hell cares about the Cowboys? They haven’t even sniffed a Super Bowl in almost 30 years.

They don’t really have a lot of patterns, aside from beating us.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: You're literally harking back to one game where neither team had a healthy QB, as proof we should fear the Cowboys mate. Im not sure what to tell you.

Another comparison for you; the week before this fabled Cowboys humbling? We lost at home to the Steelers. Who last I checked, have a good D-Line.

Later that SAME season? WE whipped them in Pittsburgh. 

We beat the Niners easily this year, and they have a good D-Line.

We don't just lose the game the second we play a good D-Line. I'm not saying we automatically beat the Cowboys by any means, but you're the one telling me to 'fear' the Cowboys mate, and I've no idea why one game two years ago is proof of anything. It's not like the Cowboys have become some dynasty since.

I’m looking at a pattern of multiple games.

When the same factors come up in a certain match up, in those case, dominating in the trenches, it doesn’t matter who’s under center.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:02 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: They don’t really have a lot of patterns, aside from beating us.

What is the argument even about here though? Are you worried about facing them in the Super Bowl?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:03 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I’m looking at a pattern of multiple games.

When the same factors come up in a certain match up, in those case, dominating in the trenches, it doesn’t matter who’s under center.

Well up to you if you wish to place this much stock in 2 games in the past 8 years my friend, I'll leave you to it.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:03 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I’m looking at a pattern of multiple games.

Are you rewatching a ton of All 22 replays and scouring advanced stats? Nobody gives a damn about the Cowboys, that entire premise made no sense.

Reply/Quote
The NFC East seems to run the ball much more than any other division than the rest of the AFC North. Given how there are ten games against these teams this year as opposed to just six, will the coaching staff's attitude of "We're not here just to win the AFC North" be changed and will Akeem Davis-Gaither (or another middle linebacker if he leaves) be used more and other adjustments in personnel be made to be able to win the games on the schedule?
Reply/Quote
There’s plenty of discussion already here. No they won’t change the scheme. They’ll try to get the defense back to where it was and implement more RPO and under center offense that they planned to implement but Joe got hurt. They will try to improve the run game. They didn’t change the scheme for Jake. The Ravens barely beat them with an unhealthy Burrow the first game and we lead them 10-7 when Joe got hurt. They won the division the previous 2 years.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-Need-a-Better-Record-Against-the-AFC-North
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:06 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Well up to you if you wish to place this much stock in 2 games in the past 8 years my friend, I'll leave you to it.

Not gonna lie... It is pretty sad we haven't beaten Dallas in 20 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Not gonna lie... It is pretty sad we haven't beaten Dallas in 20 years.

Screw the Cowboys, they havent done anything since 1995.  It's weird that we are even mentioning them.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:47 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: And it didn’t even require their starting QB.

Wow just wow, a game 2 years ago 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wow just wow, a game 2 years ago 

Wait until he finds out how bad the Saints beat us in 2018.  

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:07 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s plenty of discussion already here. No they won’t change the scheme. They’ll try to get the defense back to where it was and implement more RPO and under center offense that they planned to implement but Joe got hurt. They will try to improve the run game. They didn’t change the scheme for Jake. The Ravens barely beat them with an unhealthy Burrow the first game and we lead them 10-7 when Joe got hurt. They won the division the previous 2 years.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-We-Need-a-Better-Record-Against-the-AFC-North

People really seem to remember things how they want to remember them. Idk why people forget that Burrow was moving and running around fine in the 1st Ravens game until literally the last play of the game for our offense. He scrambled to the right and tweaked his calf on the TD pass to Higgins. 

His calf strain was July 27th. The Ravens game was September 17th. He had 7.5 weeks of recovery before that and did not look hobbled in that game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:40 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: People really seem to remember things how they want to remember them. Idk why people forget that Burrow was moving and running around fine in the 1st Ravens game until literally the last play of the game for our offense. He scrambled to the right and tweaked his calf on the TD pass to Higgins. 

His calf strain was July 27th. The Ravens game was September 17th. He had 7.5 weeks of recovery before that and did not look hobbled in that game. 

He didn’t look 100% to most but he was rusty regardless and the scheme still protecting him
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He didn’t look 100% to most but he was rusty regardless and the scheme still protecting him

Oh now the rust. If you're a Ravens fan, you could just as easily be sitting there saying it was their 2nd game in a new offensive system without playing in the pre-season games.

Their offense whooped our defense that game, regardless if you want to use the Burrow crutch which I think is severely over-emphasized in that game and folks have been living in a bit of an alternate reality when it comes to that game. For context, he played just as well in that game than he had played against the Mcdonald defense the previous year:

2022:
Game 1: 24/35, 217 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 6.2 Y/A
Game 2: 24/42, 215 yards, 1 td, 5.1 Y/A
Game 3: 23/32, 209 yards, 1 td, 6.5 Y/A

2022 Average: 23/36 213 ypg, 1 td, .33 int, 5.8 Y/A

2023 Game 1 "injured": 27/41, 222 yards, 2 tds, 1 int, 5.4 Y/A

He played basically exactly the same in that game as he did in the 3 games in the previous year but that doesn't fit the narrative.

I'm just not buying the "things would have been different, he wasn't healthy in that game" argument when it was 7.5 weeks after the injury, he didn't re-injure it until the last play he was on the field, and his performance was equal, if not better to his performances against that team the previous 3 games. The bad INT in the endzone had nothing to do with his calf.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:12 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Oh now the rust. If you're a Ravens fan, you could just as easily be sitting there saying it was their 2nd game in a new offensive system without playing in the pre-season games.

Their offense whooped our defense that game, regardless if you want to use the Burrow crutch which I think is severely over-emphasized in that game and folks have been living in a bit of an alternate reality when it comes to that game. For context, he played just as well in that game than he had played against the Mcdonald defense the previous year:

2022:
Game 1: 24/35, 217 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 6.2 Y/A
Game 2: 24/42, 215 yards, 1 td, 5.1 Y/A
Game 3: 23/32, 209 yards, 1 td, 6.5 Y/A

2022 Average: 23/36 213 ypg, 1 td, .33 int, 5.8 Y/A

2023 Game 1 "injured": 27/41, 222 yards, 2 tds, 1 int, 5.4 Y/A

He played basically exactly the same in that game as he did in the 3 games in the previous year but that doesn't fit the narrative.

I'm just not buying the "things would have been different, he wasn't healthy in that game" argument when it was 7.5 weeks after the injury, he didn't re-injure it until the last play he was on the field, and his performance was equal, if not better to his performances against that team the previous 3 games. The bad INT in the endzone had nothing to do with his calf.

Hey no problem I’ve got the game in my recordings and have watched it. I’m not looking at stats. I’m not using it as a complete excuse. Baltimore had an excellent team this year. I’m just not shaking in my boots like some all afraid of them.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Not gonna lie... It is pretty sad we haven't beaten Dallas in 20 years.

People really don't realize how stank that MU has been and for how long it has stunk.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:40 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: People really seem to remember things how they want to remember them. Idk why people forget that Burrow was moving and running around fine in the 1st Ravens game until literally the last play of the game for our offense. He scrambled to the right and tweaked his calf on the TD pass to Higgins. 

Yup.

With the turnover they saw on the coaching side though, I think it's reasonable to think they'll regress at least somewhat. 

Whether that regression translates to a split series is another question though.
Reply/Quote

Very, but while it's a 20 year streak, it's also 'only' a 5 game streak. They seem to me a bit like the Texans, a team we just tend not to beat, regardless of whether we're better than them or not. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 04:16 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Very, but while it's a 20 year streak, it's also 'only' a 5 game streak. They seem to me a bit like the Texans, a team we just tend not to beat, regardless of whether we're better than them or not. 

Some teams just have other teams number, it is weird. But the Bills used to have our number and that has turned around.

Same could happen with the Cowboys and Texans. It needs to happen with the Browns the most though who have had our number lately.

Maybe the last game we beat them with Browning will be that new start we desperately need. Have to start beating the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some teams just have other teams number, it is weird. But the Bills used to have our number and that has turned around.

Same could happen with the Cowboys and Texans. It needs to happen with the Browns the most though who have had our number lately.

Maybe the last game we beat them with Browning will be that new start we desperately need. Have to start beating the Browns.

It happens in all sports. In England, we'd refer to it as having a 'bogey' team. It's nothing out of the ordinary, and tbh the Cowboys shown very little in decades now to suggest they'd be a potential Super Bowl opponent. Hence my lack of bother about them.

The Browns like you say, are far more relevant. And I think the Texans could be very relevant moving forward too, Stroud looks to have some future.
Reply/Quote