Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
Who the f&$k is Nick Scott??? I really thought we would go with a more seasoned vet but I guess this us just a depth move. Any $ info out yet on this signing?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who the f&$k is Nick Scott??? I really thought we would go with a more seasoned vet but I guess this us just a depth move. Any $ info out yet on this signing?

He’s started a Super Bowl and all last year for the Rams. Quality starter who will be the starter here.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who the f&$k is Nick Scott??? I really thought we would go with a more seasoned vet but I guess this us just a depth move. Any $ info out yet on this signing?

Not a depth move. He will start. He started all last year for the Rams. An ascending player, who we are getting on the upswing.

McVay wanted him back. Said of Nick Scott: 

"You talk about a guy that's been a stud in so many ways for our football team as a leader, as a player," McVay said. "Can't say enough good things about Nick Scott."
Reply/Quote
3 years 12 million
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner:

'An extreme culture fit and name Lou Anarumo targeted from early in the process for the next generation of his defense.'
Reply/Quote
Another position upgrade!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner:

'An extreme culture fit and name Lou Anarumo targeted from early in the process for the next generation of his defense.'

This makes me feel better. I know absolutely nothing about this player, but if Lou thinks he can get the most out of him then great. Hope he balls out.
Reply/Quote

Nick Scott is super athletic, smart, a great locker room guy, a hard hitter, and someone who is ascending. I remember him at Penn State as a running back, one who transitioned to safety when Saquon Barkley arrived. 

He worked his way up from running back, to safety and special teams, to where he started 97% of the Rams defensive plays as a safety. He's a smart player who will allow Lou to keep any complex schemes he wants. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:31 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Another position upgrade!!!

He's not better than Bell. No way.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: Nick Scott is super athletic, smart, a great locker room guy, a hard hitter, and someone who is ascending. I remember him at Penn State as a running back, one who transitioned to safety when Saquon Barkley arrived. 

He worked his way up from running back, to safety and special teams, to where he started 97% of the Rams defensive plays as a safety. He's a smart player who will allow Lou to keep any complex schemes he wants. 

Yeah, and I posted his Mic'd Up earlier in the thread. Seems like a fun guy to be around.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's not better than Bell. No way.

He’s different is the best way to put it. What he will be able to do next to Hill will be things Bell couldn’t do because he wasn’t as athletically gifted. Now from an experience and processing stand point Bell was ahead but Scott is on the come up.

We now have two safeties that are sub 4.43 and one of the most athletic in the league. We will be able to do far more in terms of late rotation disguises than we could last year. We saw it at times but there were busts that usually were a result of Bell not being able to make the rotation because of his limitations.
Reply/Quote

If Lou wanted him thats good enough for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 06:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: God, we don't just get along.

1) Who you got as our top 5 and bottom 5?  Like I said, PFF does a pretty good job of IDing the best players, and worst players, within a team structure. The middle is murkier. Comparing across teams (or positions) is murkier. If you disagre, who you gotcas top 5/bottom amongst our starters? Put up or kindly stop yer yapping.

2) Regarding not using post-season. If you want to add it on to the regular season data, that's fine. Sort of. What you cannot do, and what I thought was pretty obvious to (almost) everyone, was substitute the PO grade for the regular season grade & use it to argue the better player. That's silly. 1 game vs 17. Or two.

In terms of the sort of.  PO games are games vs higher levels of competition. A player with PO games vs a player without is not quite the same thing. You don't get games vs Carolina to boost things in the POs. 

Fans tend to remember 1 play. The sack or int. And they think a guy had a great game from 1 play.

Pff watches every play. Guys win a rep and lose other reps. And pff doesn't align to fans expectations because of this.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fans tend to remember 1 play. The sack or int. And they think a guy had a great game from 1 play.

Pff watches every play. Guys win a rep and lose other reps. And pff doesn't align to fans expectations because of this.

Pff doesn’t align to what teams and players think either… lol
Reply/Quote
It's hard to argue against a defensive back Lou Anarumo has put his stamp on.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s different is the best way to put it. What he will be able to do next to Hill will be things Bell couldn’t do because he wasn’t as athletically gifted. Now from an experience and processing stand point Bell was ahead but Scott is on the come up.

We now have two safeties that are sub 4.43 and one of the most athletic in the league. We will be able to do far more in terms of late rotation disguises than we could last year. We saw it at times but there were busts that usually were a result of Bell not being able to make the rotation because of his limitations.

The speed is nice to have. He stops the run well too

It's just, we'll have to stop the pass to win a SB. Which, maybe he'll develop at.

Bell wasn't great against the pass either. And if I remember right, he kind of struggled for the Saints before he came here.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pff doesn’t align to what teams and players think either… lol

So Burrow isn't the best qb in the nfl?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So Burrow isn't the best qb in the nfl?

Not sure those things have anything to do with each other.

The reality is PFF doesn’t grade the way they claim to do, especially in coverage. They also have random dudes doing the grading that aren’t qualified to really be doing it. Those unqualified people have little idea what the players should do in more advanced schemes.

I once had my buddy who works for the Chiefs as a defensive analyst send me a play. It was a coverage play by a CB who broke up a pass he asked how I thought PFF would have graded it and I said positively and he said their DC ripped the players ass because he took the wrong guy and there was a wide open guy running through his zone that the QB just didn’t see.

It’s a fun little thing but it’s kind of pseudo science when it comes to grading. Now NFL teams subscribe to their advanced stats that the public can’t get but they aren’t looking at the grades for any purpose other than a good chuckle.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:18 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah Pollack needs to go IMO.

The Oline players like him.
Reply/Quote
Ok. I’m sold. Welcome Nick Scott!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote