Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
Well, welcome Nick Scott!

No way this is an upgrade from Bell, though we did get faster. Only 1 year as a starter, so maybe he has room to grow, still. I do not hate it like the Ford signing, but still underwhelmed.

Jay22 (I think that is the username) called it earlier. I was raggin' him for the doom & gloom earlier but props on the call.

When Jonah's trade request broke I had visions if more cap space and higher end guys.

Anyone know if we are out on Rapp now?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Wonderful! I'm excited. Can you tell us the source? I assume more reliable than the one a few days ago who jumped the gun.

(03-17-2023, 09:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: Maybe someone needs to start a Welcome Nick Scott thread, since this one has five pages of comments based on a false, early report.

To everyone claiming that I jumped the gun and didn't know what I was talking about, I have my sources here in Cinci but posted those links so people wouldn't think I was full of shit, so.........

[Image: i-expect-a-full-apology-johnny-rose.gif]

Hilarious Hilarious

I'm joking about the apologies! Who cares?! It's a GREAT signing and let's hope there's more to come and that we have a hell of a draft!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Get the ball rolling on an early Welcome Foster thread next.
Reply/Quote
Brad is Brian P, Brian P is Brad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To everyone claiming that I jumped the gun and didn't know what I was talking about, I have my sources here in Cinci but posted those links so people wouldn't think I was full of shit, so.........

Hilarious Hilarious

I'm joking about the apologies! Who cares?! It's a GREAT signing and let's hope there's more to come and that we have a hell of a draft!

WHO-DEY!

Hey you beat it by like 24 hours, man. Props to you haha
Reply/Quote
I like this signing. If it’s actuall a signing this time around. I mean how many times can a man sign?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:29 PM)tms Wrote: Hey you beat it by like 24 hours, man. Props to you haha

Yeah I’m quick like that lol

I still can’t wrap my head around this……..

I’d say that’s all and we’re good til season but this team keeps surprising me!

I’ve never wanted to cheer for another team, but every move feels like they’re trying to improve just for us fans and it has me loving thinking about it!
Reply/Quote
I feel really good about life after Bates and Bell now. We have the first rounder we got to prep for a year and added a Super Bowl Champ entering his prime. And we have another draft pick from last year moving up the depth chart. Wilson is in a make or break situation as well and could show up if he is healthy. And we still have a draft and UDFA and Michael Thomas.

Hill, Scott, Anderson, Wilson, Thomas.

We don't have to reach for a S in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I feel really good about life after Bates and Bell now. We have the first rounder we got to prep for a year and added a Super Bowl Champ entering his prime. And we have another draft pick from last year moving up the depth chart. Wilson is in a make or break situation as well and could show up if he is healthy. And we still have a draft and UDFA and Michael Thomas.

Hill, Scott, Anderson, Wilson, Thomas.

We don't have to reach for a S in the draft.

I wonder if they are still looking at the other S in FA as well or if this is it?
Reply/Quote
Glad he's here
Reply/Quote
I like the signing. Let's see what Lou can do with him.
Reply/Quote
When I look at that contract and hear what Lou has to say about him, you gotta love this.

We can’t just keep paying our existing players more and more as they age.

We needed to find the next Bell, and Scott may well be, and at a cheaper price.

Apparently the hold up on the contract was that LA was doing everything they could to retain him. Bodes well.

Same story on Hurst. Solution to come.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To everyone claiming that I jumped the gun and didn't know what I was talking about, I have my sources here in Cinci but posted those links so people wouldn't think I was full of shit, so.........

Hilarious Hilarious

WHO-DEY!

The problem Brad was that the original post saying that Scott was signed was by Jordan Schultz and even he admitted he jumped the gun and deleted the post. Some media sources ran with the Schultz claim and then had to backtrack when it was realized Scott was not actually signed. It's akin to saying someone had died who hadn't died and then later when the person actually died saying I got it right. Or, more relevant, later on if Eli Apple signs, then saying that thread from three or four days ago was accurate.

No problem, Brad. We all love you. And most of us were glad you ended up being right. I will just put you down as able to see the future.
Reply/Quote

Hilarious Hilarious

WHO-DEY!

Nice Brad lol

Honestly I stand by my first post, Nick Scott is an ascending Safety now that he has the position down and will just get better under
the fantastic tutelage of Lou Anarumo and company.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 01:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: The problem Brad was that the original post saying that Scott was signed was by Jordan Schultz and even he admitted he jumped the gun and deleted the post. Some media sources ran with the Schultz claim and then had to backtrack when it was realized Scott was not actually signed. It's akin to saying someone had died who hadn't died and then later when the person actually died saying I got it right. Or, more relevant, later on if Eli Apple signs, then saying that thread from three or four days ago was accurate.

No problem, Brad. We all love you. And most of us were glad you ended up being right. I will just put you down as able to see the future.

Like I said, I have my crippled sources ThumbsUp

Hilarious

I love all of you and I'm beyond pumped up that it did indeed end up being right!

Who cares about details?!

(03-18-2023, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Brad lol

Honestly I stand by my first post, Nick Scott is an ascending Safety now that he has the position down and will just get better under
the fantastic tutelage of Lou Anarumo and company.

That's what I love: he's an improving player, which he and the league has to see, and he came here to continue to improve, extend his career (he knows he'll have stability here as long as he continues to improve), and to win a ship.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I have my crippled sources ThumbsUp

Hilarious

I love all of you and I'm beyond pumped up that it did indeed end up being right!

Who cares about details?!

That's what I love: he's an improving player, which he and the league has to see, and he came here to continue to improve, extend his career (he knows he'll have stability here as long as he continues to improve), and to win a ship.

I trust Lou, he said he would get the Safety who fits what he does, Scott is it evidently.

He just doesn't have the big name, yet....
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I trust Lou, he said he would get the Safety who fits what he does, Scott is it evidently.

He just doesn't have the big name, yet....

Exactly and, like you, I trust Lou and I think Lou and Scott both understand that he can be a star in Cincinnati in this system.
Reply/Quote
We have a pretty good track record of bringing guys in on D in the Lou/ZT era. Reader, Hendrickson, BJ Hill, Awuzie, Hilton, Apple, Flowers, Bell. The only FA not to work out was Waynes. And it is not liked he flopped, he weas just hurt all the time & retired.

Most of the high draft picks have worked well, too. L. Wilson, CTB, Pratt, ASG. Carter is the iffy one, and he is only 1 year in.

Although I admit to being underwhelmed with Scott, I think Lou should get the benefit of the doubt.

Our record on the OL & TE is a bit spottier, however.
Reply/Quote
When this signing was first announced, I was like "meh, yawn", as I was still in mourning over losing Vonn Bell's experience and chemistry with the existing defense. Now, as I learn more about Scott, I am really warming up to his addition to the team. His speed and crushing hits attacking with a RBs mentality could very well result in a seamless transition.

Once again, the folks in charge show why they get paid to make football decisions and I just sit here and criticize the actions that I don't agree with. Well done, Bengals personnel team!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"A smart player. Extremely tough. Extremely athletic. Excellent locker room guy," says Joe DeCamillis, his special teams coordinator with the Rams and a highly regarded 34-year NFL man.
"He was a leader in the special teams area, but then last year after some of the older guys left in the secondary, Nick definitely took that over and became a huge leader. I think you're getting a player that's on the come and on the rise. He's a very physical player, but also a very smart player. I think that's why the defense just kept putting more and more on his plate and he kept getting better and better. Those are the kind of guys, hungry like that, and now that he's at a place where he's a solid starter in this league, I think he's only going to get better from there."

The reports are he’s a huge locker room guy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote