Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
(03-18-2023, 05:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not as concerned long term as I am the inexperience factor. How many games does it take? Think Dax Hill was a great pick. But when does he mature in the spot?

Every game he plays. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know there's a thread about the rumors, bu the Cincinnati Enquirer, Twitter and A to Z Sports say it's a done deal!

This is an incredible offseason!

I was worried that we wouldn't do anything and blame it on working on Burrow, but the front office is invested in building a Super Bowl team!

WHO-DEY!

It's a done deal.  Bengals needed to replace DB's.  Bengals coaches like this guy, that's good enough for me.  Lou knows what he's doing.  Add in Rams where Coach Taylor came from and who Bengals played in Super Bowl.  They know this DB, they like this DB, they signed this DB, that's good enough for me. Lou is high on him, and that is all I care about. 

I'll be honest, the price tag on Bates was way too much.  Bates and his agent want to be one of the highest paid safeties ever in NFL history.  Is Bates the best safety in NFL history ?  That is a NO.  So who are you going to pay, Burrow or Bates ? Simple answer, good bye Bates.

So we all knew Bates was gone.  Bell is gone also.  Steelers and Browns are posting about free agent losses Bengals and Ravens have had, but I have bad news for Browns and Steelers.  The Bengals coaches of Taylor and Lou have had this in the plans, they know what they are doing.  Bengals go into 2023 with Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon and added Orlando Brown to O Line.  They could not make Bates the highest paid safety ever, but Lou and Bengals will have a tough Defense and Bengals will add a top TE.   Plus the Draft.   Enjoying laughing now Browns and Steelers fans, because Bengals are going to win the AFC North again in 2023 and go to Super Bowl. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
CJGJ 1 year deal with Lions worth up to $8 million. Would have loved to add him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CJGJ 1 year deal with Lions worth up to $8 million. Would have loved to add him.

Pretty interesting that Philly for 8 million didn’t keep him. He’s only 26. I’ve got a feeling that his must have been an odd or odyssey free agency. I bet something comes out that negotiations with Howard Roseman didn’t go well. Probably with his agent. Howard not well liked. I don’t think Gardner is well liked either.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 11:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Pretty interesting that Philly for 8 million didn’t keep him. He’s only 26. I’ve got a feeling that his must have been an odd or odyssey free agency. I bet something comes out that negotiations with Howard Roseman didn’t go well. Probably with his agent. Howard not well liked. I don’t think Gardner is well liked either.

It’s been a weird Fa for sure. Lots of average qbs getting paid great cash. Big contracts coming up (bengals, eagles, chargers Ravens).

We signed a top 10 OT, at the 17th highest AAV. It’s odd, bc cornerstone players in their mid 20s never come cheap. brown and CJGJ did, relative to a few counterparts (LT from Jags and Bates).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 11:26 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s been a weird Fa for sure.  Lots of average qbs getting paid great cash. Big contracts coming up (bengals, eagles, chargers Ravens).

We signed a top 10 OT, at the 17th highest AAV.  It’s odd, bc cornerstone players in their mid 20s never come cheap.  brown and CJGJ did, relative to a few counterparts (LT from Jags and Bates).

Supposedly the league viewed Brown as a RT, but he wanted paid as a LT. 

He likely initially wanted way more and we were out. Then, when he didn't get it...we came back in.

Interestingly, I wanted us to draft him. Glad he's here.
Reply/Quote
It feels like the league has shifted to heavily paying WR and CB.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 11:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like the league has shifted to heavily paying WR and CB.
It has become a passing league, so that's where your moneymakers are.
(03-20-2023, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote:

LOVE IT! 

We're building a team here that wants to be here and wants to play with each other in this town!

Burrow's the king of this town!
Reply/Quote
Glad to have Scott here. He has played in some big games in his short time in the league and he has seemed to have stepped up when the lights were shining the brightest! Great quality to have in a player. He certainly seems to be a player on the rise and I will be thrilled to watch his continued development in this defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:38 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Glad to have Scott here. He has played in some big games in his short time in the league and he has seemed to have stepped up when the lights were shining the brightest! Great quality to have in a player. He certainly seems to be a player on the rise and I will be thrilled to watch his continued development in this defense.

That's what we need right now: players that will produce in big games and help us to a Super Bowl title.

I think more players will start coming here for that chance!
Reply/Quote
Scott has some nice film. Glad to have him on board.
Reply/Quote
Well his intangibles seem really good. Plays with a chip. Very smart. Physical and good speed. Great character. I’m still concerned about our safety play. I think we will miss Bell & Bates. Wishing they’d played Dax more at safety last season.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 09:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well his intangibles seem really good. Plays with a chip. Very smart. Physical and good speed. Great character. I’m still concerned about our safety play. I think we will miss Bell & Bates. Wishing they’d played Dax more at safety last season.

I concur with everything you said.
Reply/Quote
It's obvious, the end is nigh..We're all gonna die, but not right now.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
More i look into this kid the more i like the signing

SB winner so he knows the playoff grind

Good player

Young

Signed for 3 years as an ascending player. By year 3 of this deal we all could be talking about how we can sign this guy back.

Low risk high reward
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 09:22 AM)Housh Wrote: More i look into this kid the more i like the signing

SB winner so he knows the playoff grind

Good player

Young

Signed for 3 years as an ascending player. By year 3 of this deal we all could be talking about how we can sign this guy back.

Low risk high reward

He's less than 6 months younger than Vonn Bell.

He'll be heading into his age 31 season when this deal is up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 09:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's less than 6 months younger than Vonn Bell.

He'll be heading into his age 31 season when this deal is up.

Why did i think he was 25?

Well if he is that old, probably not getting another contract but the rest still stands
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 10:26 AM)Housh Wrote: Why did i think he was 25?

Well if he is that old, probably not getting another contract but the rest still stands

It's not old, but being 28 with only 1 year of starting experience makes you wonder.

He had a pff grade in the low 50s last year. So people tell me pff sucks.

Then, in other threads I read how Browns pff grade is better than Jonah...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:38 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Glad to have Scott here. He has played in some big games in his short time in the league and he has seemed to have stepped up when the lights were shining the brightest! Great quality to have in a player. He certainly seems to be a player on the rise and I will be thrilled to watch his continued development in this defense.

Well said, the same could be said for Orlando Brown the other FA we brought in and of course our QB we already have here.
Reply/Quote