Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are being coached by a millennial
(10-21-2019, 10:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Feeling better about ourselves” is not progress.  0-7 is not progress.  Ripping out the Steelers’ hearts, squashing them on the 50 yard line, and defeating them is progress.

Yeah, well, maybe next year or 10 years from now or 4 coaches from now. We'll just have to wait and see how long it takes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think he said again in each play it is just one person out of place and not the same person in every play. Wtf.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:32 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I think he said again in each play it is just one person out of place and not the same person in every play. Wtf.

Hmm, you think ZT knows that the Bengals have stunk for the vast majority of his life?  Can you email him a link to the wikipedia page?  Maybe if you enlighten him he will spend the next press conference pointing out what a nepotistic fossil of a failure his boss is.
Reply/Quote
If I were Taylor I would see the Bengals as a 5-2 team with bad luck. Just saying.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been failing for a majority of the past 30 years due to our owner who is a member of the highly respected Silent Generation, but yes, let's hear how millennials ruined the Bengals in addition to everything else on this earth.

I can finally use this meme in the Noise.. Thanks op

[Image: The+millennial+falcon+if+you+say+somethi...897916.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can finally use this meme in the Noise.. Thanks op

[Image: The+millennial+falcon+if+you+say+somethi...897916.jpg]

The picture hain't workin, gramps!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If I were Taylor I would see the Bengals as a 5-2 team with bad luck.  Just saying.

There isn't much he can say, and what even needs to be said?  We've had almost 30 years to grasp what is wrong with the Bengals so if people are still looking for some sort of new info in a meaningless press conference, I don't know what to tell them.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Feeling better about ourselves” is not progress.  0-7 is not progress.  Ripping out the Steelers’ hearts, squashing them on the 50 yard line, and defeating them is progress.

Yep

What was it Sean Connery said to Nicolas Cage ? Losers are always "doing their best" winners are going home and .....the prom queen.

Feeling better about ourselves GTFOH
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There isn't much he can say, and what even needs to be said?  We've had almost 30 years to grasp what is wrong with the Bengals so if people are still looking for some sort of new info in a meaningless press conference, I don't know what to tell them.

I wager that the conferences will soon be like they were with Bruce Coslet where Taylor will be repeating himself and not have any answers because the problem is up in the press box sleeping...  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

What was it Sean Connery said to Nicolas Cage ? Losers are always "doing their best" winners are going home and .....the prom queen.

Feeling better about ourselves GTFOH

So the next time ZT has a press conference he should just say "This franchise is garbage and I'm going to go home and have sex with a high school chick."

That'd be a nice break from the coach-speak, to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wager that the conferences will soon be like they were with Bruce Coslet where Taylor will be repeating himself and not have any answers because the problem is up in the press box sleeping...  

Was it not Bob Dylan who said "you don't need a weather man to know which way  the wind blows?"  I don't even bother listening to press conferences and most player interviews because it's always the same ol' song n dance.

Honestly, what do we want him to say?  What do we want him to do?  Players and coaches who stay here and shrug and say "We just gotta do better and get em next time" get booed and players who say "This place sucks and I want out" get booed, too.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're going backwards because we are a lazy franchise that put a QB coach in charge and figured we'd just hope for the best.  ZT's age has nothing to do with it...case in point, we have stunk for a long time thanks to a guy who was born in the "work hard and shut up" 1930s.

I could see if he showed ANY inclination of being a good playcaller in past jobs. He isn't.

We hired a Head Coach to be an offensive genius...and he's terrible at that. So is he great with leadership? What other great HC traits does he have IF he's not a good playcaller?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You'd have to have a come a long to stretch anything this team is doing into progress. We're like the 27th ranked offense, 31st ranked defense. The announcers said yesterday when we scored that first TD that was our first 1st half TD in 5 games ! We haven't scored a 1st drive TD in how many games ? 14 ? 

I saw a crazy stat about how many points we've given up in the final 2 minutes of a half though. It was crazy!
Reply/Quote

Interestingly, in his press conference, he said we were only blown out by the 49ers. He didn't count the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:32 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I think he said again in each play it is just one person out of place and not the same person in every play. Wtf.

Yeah...that's solace. The whole team is messing up...not just 1 guy.

I guess 1 guy would be too easy to fix!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I could see if he showed ANY inclination of being a good playcaller in past jobs. He isn't.

We hired a Head Coach to be an offensive genius...and he's terrible at that. So is he great with leadership? What other great HC traits does he have IF he's not a good playcaller?

Ehh, what has Mike Brown done to deserve a good HC?  I'm not even piling on ZT because I admitted he was behind the 8 ball and he was going to be in over his head barring some miracle that would defy logic.

All I can say is that I know Mike Brown is crap but if he made me the HC or a PR guy (since that's more my area) I would do my job and pretend things were ok and I'd spend my day spinning bs because that's all I could do about the situation.

ZT is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crapola...hell, everyone who coaches or plays here is either trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crapola OR they are chicken crapola.  Everyone expect Mike Brown that is...he's the one who keeps ordering chicken crapola by the truckload.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There isn't much he can say, and what even needs to be said?  We've had almost 30 years to grasp what is wrong with the Bengals so if people are still looking for some sort of new info in a meaningless press conference, I don't know what to tell them.

And there are plenty of people on these boards every offseason defending every move the Bengals make. I faced fierce opposition when I said Taylor and Staff were a bad hire.

It's strange...a lot of those posters don't post anymore.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Was it not Bob Dylan who said "you don't need a weather man to know which way  the wind blows?"  I don't even bother listening to press conferences and most player interviews because it's always the same ol' song n dance.

Honestly, what do we want him to say?  What do we want him to do?  Players and coaches who stay here and shrug and say "We just gotta do better and get em next time" get booed and players who say "This place sucks and I want out" get booed, too.  

But he's so charming! He's simultaneous benching underperforming former 1st Round picks as well as giving players a chance to earn jobs!

He started Willis over Ross man!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So the next time ZT has a press conference he should just say "This franchise is garbage and I'm going to go home and have sex with a high school chick."

That'd be a nice break from the coach-speak, to be sure.

No but "feeling good about ourselves" and "showing progress" or whatever may have not been the best choice of words ?

"We're not at all happy with where we are and we have a lot of work to do" ?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No but "feeling good about ourselves" and "showing progress" or whatever may have not been the best choice of words ?

"We're not at all happy with where we are and we have a lot of work to do" ?

'Jim Turner is coming up with new and innovative ways to yell at and berate the offensive line into better play.'
Reply/Quote