Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can't understand why any Bengals fan thinks we were treated with respect and fairly.

1. Team loses 1 home game of revenue (will have to refund tickets for Buffalo game).
2. Bengals only team in NFL to get 7 home games in 2022.
3. Declared winner of AFCN, but may have a road playoff game (more lost revenue).
4. Potential loss of 2023 draft position.

I understand it was a tough call, but the NFL threw rules established out the winner and came up with a new set of rules.

I continue to pray for Hamlin, in  my heart I feel he will not be happy with a team and city being screwed by the NFL by doing the right thing by him.

Getting one less home game is not unprecedented. Every team that is designated the home team when they play in England or Mexico loses a home game. It's happened to the Bengals before. Doesn't make it any better, but that's the least of my complaints about this.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Getting one less home game is not unprecedented. Every team that is designated the home team when they play in England or Mexico loses a home game. It's happened to the Bengals before. Doesn't make it any better, but that's the least of my complaints about this.

True. I'd make the argument to the league that the Bengals should get their 1st playoff game at home no matter what simply because they lost out on home game revenue from the Bills game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: True. I'd make the argument to the league that the Bengals should get their 1st playoff game at home no matter what simply because they lost out on home game revenue from the Bills game.

Yep. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:46 AM)motoarch Wrote: For what it's worth I posted up in the Katie Blackburn thread that my position on this has shifted in light of her response to this and giving more consideration to how KC and the bills benefit potentially in ways we cannot.

Glad you finally figured it out.  Better late then never.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Getting one less home game is not unprecedented. Every team that is designated the home team when they play in England or Mexico loses a home game. It's happened to the Bengals before. Doesn't make it any better, but that's the least of my complaints about this.

Show me where in a 17 game schedule a team only got 7 home games. The games in Mexico and Europe are given to teams with 9 home games in that season, not 8 home games.

The Bengals lost a ton of money due to the decision, cash the team needs to pay huge salaries in 2023 and beyond.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
So, we know that Mixon doesn't like the idea that's being voted on today. With that in mind, could this motivate our players to play even harder than they already do and we crush all opposition on our way to our first Super Bowl victory?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Glad you finally figured it out.  Better late then never.   Tongue

I'm not unreasonable or stupid.

Depending on how this weekend goes there is a possibility for the Bengals to benefit from this proposal but under more thought in a practical the order of magnitude from teams that get the best chance to benefit to least it goes KC, Bills , Cincinnati.  I don't include ravens in this because their the ravens I I don't care about them.

However given Katie's thoughts the resolution to this is simple.

Follow the rules currently in place and anyone unhappy with the results can petition to change them during the off season.
Reply/Quote
I bet a lot of fans around the league are changing their tune about being "nice". I 've already read a bunch of comments saying next time at least force a forfeit, being nice got the Bengals screwed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I bet a lot of fans around the league are changing their tune about being "nice".  I 've already read a bunch of comments saying next time at least force a forfeit, being nice got the Bengals screwed.

It is nice to see so many people on our side. r/NFL has especially been very pro-Bengals when it comes to this stupid proposal being voted on.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:46 AM)motoarch Wrote: For what it's worth I posted up in the Katie Blackburn thread that my position on this has shifted in light of her response to this and giving more consideration to how KC and the bills benefit potentially in ways we cannot.

Welcome aboard. You can borrow my hammer to smash shit... Silver lining is if this team wasn't already pissed about the superbowl revenge tour, they are deffinetly pissed now. Look out..
As Jon Kreese would say. Strike first , Strike hard.  THERE IS NO MERCY..
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I bet a lot of fans around the league are changing their tune about being "nice".  I 've already read a bunch of comments saying next time at least force a forfeit, being nice got the Bengals screwed.

You can still be nice and sympathetic while simply asking the rules in place be enforced as written.

We don't have to be the bad guys.
Reply/Quote
That anger and resentment you're feeling about this? Amplify that by about 100. I'd bet that's what the players feel.

The league itself just gave the Bengals poster board material. They're going to take the chains off and just start blasting other teams. They have to play us just became a threat.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will finish with 7 home games and 9 away games in reg season against the #1 DVOA strength of schedule.

Crazy.
Reply/Quote
The Bills should show some class and play against us (if both teams make it to the divisional round and the Bills host the game) in a neutral site. Where's the reciprocity? Easier said than done.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:21 PM)Bengalion Wrote: The Bills should show some class and play against us (if both teams make it to the divisional round and the Bills host the game) in a neutral site. Where's the reciprocity? Easier said than done.

The Bills won't volunteer anything that would put them at a disadvantage.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It does not surprise me that the NFL is doing everything it can to make sure it's favorite teams do not have to come to the Jungle. Over the last few decades, I suspect there would not be as much emphasis, but this season has been different, and while I was not at MNF I saw the videos and OMG, what other team would want to come into that atmosphere and try to play. Anyone think they want darling Patrick to come into that?

Yep the NFL loves teams like KC. It’s sickening how much favoritism they get.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Hell, that’d be mathematically equivalent from the Ravens’ perspective. The Chiefs would probably gripe.

The Chiefs are still griping after being handed the #1 seed.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not unreasonable or stupid.

Depending on how this weekend goes there is a possibility for the Bengals to benefit from this proposal but under more thought in a practical the order of magnitude from teams that get the best chance to benefit to least it goes KC, Bills , Cincinnati.  I don't include ravens in this because their the ravens I I don't care about them.

However given Katie's thoughts the resolution to this is simple.

Follow the rules currently in place and anyone unhappy with the results can petition to change them during the off season.

How would the Bengals benefit?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bills won't volunteer anything that would put them at a disadvantage.

Yet you and a couple others are totally fine with us being the ones put at a disadvantage?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:35 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: The Bengals will finish with 7 home games and 9 away games in reg season against the #1 DVOA strength of schedule.

Crazy.

And we'll still finish 12-4 despite that. I hope(!).

If the Bengals are mentally fully ready to go, we're definitely 'football' ready. This win streak has been in an incredibly tough run of games, and yet here we are. I definitely think if any team can come through this, it's these Bengals.
Reply/Quote