Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We got outplayed most of the game
Yes - there were some questionable calls...but 0 net yards in 1st quarter. Burrow was under a ton of pressure. It seems like outside of deep 50/50 balls, our offense was just off. We had no run game either.

Also, on defense we looked slow with the pass rush and got very little pressure.

The Chiefs staff outschemed us. They got pressure on Joe and had coverage. They had a ton of injuries too.

It sucks, but man after Zacs rookie year if you told me within the next few years we'd go to and AFC championship game and a SB...I'd take it.

While it stings, night like tonight will make that championship sweeter one day!
Reply/Quote
Agree that the Chiefs outplayed us tonight. We still had a great season after the 0-2 start. Maybe we go all the way next year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
yep great game, and i expect this team to be in the AFCCG annually.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you can’t protect your QB you damn well better be able to run the ball. We did neither.

And Spagnuolo finally called a good game against the Bengals. He wasn’t going to let Chase beat them. I’ll have to see the numbers, but it didn’t seem like Taylor moved him around enough.

Reply/Quote
Alot of missed tackles tonight. Chiefs tackled Bengals didnt really sums up the game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Alot of missed tackles tonight. Chiefs tackled Bengals didnt really sums up the game.

That Pratt whiff was brutal.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - there were some questionable calls...but 0 net yards in 1st quarter. Burrow was under a ton of pressure. It seems like outside of deep 50/50 balls, our offense was just off. We had no run game either.

Also, on defense we looked slow with the pass rush and got very little pressure.

The Chiefs staff outschemed us. They got pressure on Joe and had coverage. They had a ton of injuries too.

It sucks, but man after Zacs rookie year if you told me within the next few years we'd go to and AFC championship game and a SB...I'd take it.

While it stings, night like tonight will make that championship sweeter one day!

we'll agree to disagree here. bengals didn't get outschemed. they  had bad calls go the wrong way. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:05 AM)WildCat Wrote: we'll agree to disagree here. bengals didn't get outschemed. they  had bad calls go the wrong way. 

Please stop the bad calls whining. Both teams had questionable calls tonight. The Chiefs overcame them better than the Bengals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - there were some questionable calls...but 0 net yards in 1st quarter. Burrow was under a ton of pressure. It seems like outside of deep 50/50 balls, our offense was just off. We had no run game either.

Defense played tremendous from the second quarter on. Bengals just never got any offensive rhythm with the KC pass rush. Scored on a short field on the fumble recovery and got fortunate to complete a fourth down on the throw to chase. Just a great play by him.

When they got out of the hole on the 3rd and long throw to Hurst late in the game they had plenty of time to mix in some short passes. Mixon ran for 7 on the first down and then they went for the gusto down the field twice in a row on really tough windows to fit the ball. I just felt they got really too anxious on those two plays. It turns out they really needed a third receiver to show up once Boyd went out of the game as Higgins and Chase were both doubled and Hurst had to stay in and block a lot.
Reply/Quote
They were outplayed and outcoached. Zac's play calling sucked ass.

And kind of shocked Lou didn't pressure Mahomes more than he did.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
We were outmatched in the trenches and it showed. Burrow under duress all game and Mahomes having all day to throw was the difference.
Reply/Quote
Hey guys,

KC fan here, I wanted to say great game, I know your Oline was banged up before this game but I am happy that you all got out of this game healthy.

Much respect, you all have a great team and one hell of a QB. You all will be back here again and with that QB a SB is coming your way.
Reply/Quote
Yeah they just got beat. The Bengals weren’t going undefeated against the Chiefs for the next decade. Go get the #1 seed next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Please stop the bad calls whining. Both teams had questionable calls tonight. The Chiefs overcame them better than the Bengals.

Name the bad calls against chiefs and we will compare.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - there were some questionable calls...but 0 net yards in 1st quarter. Burrow was under a ton of pressure. It seems like outside of deep 50/50 balls, our offense was just off. We had no run game either.

The game was even. Yes the Chiefs staff had a great game plan. Imagine that with the cringe of losing to us 3 straight times. This is a staff that’s played 5 straight years in the AFC Championship. They aren’t chopped liver. Yet it’s going to OT if not for a poor kickoff coverage and untimely personal foul. I’m sorry it’s 4 quarters and after the first quarter we did every bit as good. The stats were close.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bengals had the ball twice on the fourth and did nothing. Two deep shots on 3 yards to go, one ending with an INT. This is for the Super Bowl. You cannot do that. 71 yards rushing? I’m not sure but Burrow maybe the longest run… Embarrassing.

Refs could have thrown every flag, Bengals looked bad.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We were outmatched in the trenches and it showed. Burrow under duress all game and Mahomes having all day to throw was the difference.

Well that’s true. The Chiefs had a lot of secondary and WR injury issues and we had OL issues. They took advantage and we really didn’t. But having to guard against a big punt return we didn’t. That was huge then an untimely PF.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals, one of the least-penalized teams in the league, were called for 9 penalties. The Chiefs were called for 4 penalties. And there was a do-over as well. One cannot ignore such a major impact. If they call the clear push in the back on the Chiefs, the clear holding on the Chiefs, Mahomes intentional grounding (at least Burrow had Perine in the area, Mahomes had no one in the area), we would probably be saying we outplayed the Chiefs this morning.

Much of the NFL world recognizes the one-sided officiating that game. Some Bengals fans are eager to blame the Bengals players and coaches and Bengals fans and ignore the huge discrepancy in officiating.
Reply/Quote
People can piss and moan about the officials all they want, but the game ultimately came down to the last two drives of the game.

Bengals had two minutes to go down the field and at least kick a field goal. Couldn't do it.
Chiefs had a minute to make 30 yards (thanks to a good kick return), and were gifted 15 yards by a legit call against Ossai.

Refs blow calls all the time. I didn't see anything especially egregious outside of the do-over on 3rd and 9. But the Chiefs ended up punting on that possession anyway, so it's largely inconsequential.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Please stop the bad calls whining. Both teams had questionable calls tonight. The Chiefs overcame them better than the Bengals.

agree ... it is time to except the Chiefs played better, 4 games, each game 3 point difference, so each game has been a battle, so not like we laid an egg just got better by a better team last nite.
Reply/Quote