Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We got outplayed most of the game
It seemed we forgot to look in the flats, I saw Mixon and Perrine unguarded, big mistake
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...I read and posted how insanely good he is in the pocket. He makes big splash plays outside the pocket, but his passer rating is way lower.

Dude, I know what I see and you've posted some crazy, wacky BS all day today. Not sure how to even take you serious.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:50 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Agree that the Chiefs outplayed us tonight. We still had a great season after the 0-2 start. Maybe we go all the way next year.

To win a Super Bowl---Bottom line: We need Oline depth.  

I say we draft 2-OTs with guys that fit our mold and do it within the first 3 rounds.  I know the NFL mocks have us taking a TE for our #1 pick, and that's fine but we need one or two more studs on the OL, or else it's going to be the same old tune.   Defense, we're fine and some guys like CTB really stepped up and I was happy with the play of Sample and Oassi.  I think ELI Apple will be an excellent backup to CTB and Awuzie.  Bates will probably go, so we'll need to consider backing up Von and Dax in the later rounds.  
Reply/Quote
You’d think it’s 2020 after the season. The board meltdown by some of you is infant. We were beat in the last 8 seconds by a team that’s played 5 straight times in the AFC Championship with the expected MVP. We went 14-3 after starting 0-2. Geez people. We just played in two straight AFC Championships. Bunch of bedwetters
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: These KC games are hard on my nerves! Thanks for the kind words, you guys have a pretty damn good team yourselves to say the least.

I am with ya, hard on mine too but such great games. 

I tell ya what, next year with a lille more Oline depth you all are going to kick some ass.

That slow start this year you all had sucks, if not for that I bet this game is in Ohio and more than likely a different outcome.

Burrow really great QB. cocky and confident. I could do without the Cocky part but man you all are going to be good for years to come as well as a team that will always be favored to be a sb team.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:43 AM)Reroka Wrote: I am with ya, hard on mine too but such great games. 

I tell ya what, next year with a lille more Oline depth you all are going to kick some ass.

That slow start this year you all had sucks, if not for that I bet this game is in Ohio and more than likely a different outcome.

Burrow really great QB. cocky and confident. I could do without the Cocky part but man you all are going to be good for years to come as well as a team that will always be favored to be a sb team.

The Mahomes/Burrow matchup should be good for years to come. I do agree about the slow start for sure.

Oline has been an issue for years in Cincy, we're just now starting to get it whipped into shape. I don't think what KC was able to do with so many injuries at WR should be overlooked either. That was a tough situation.

Burrow has an enormous chip on his shoulder because he's always been doubted. It fuels him. A lot of the crap talk from the other players has a lot to do with the "experts" saying we'd be battling Pitt for last place in our own division after going to the Super Bowl. They called it a fluke. Then there was the whole coin flip fiasco, so this team felt like it was them against the world. I don't have a problem with their reaction, but the stupid mayor is a different story, lol. 

One thing's for sure.....these KC/Cincy games will go down in history as classics.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He was better from the pocket in the 1st game we played against them:

'In that 27-24 loss to these very same Bengals, Mahomes completed just 16 of 27 passes for 223 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 98.2. From the pocket, he completed 14 of 24 passes for 196 yards, that touchdown, and a passer rating of 107.4. Not only was Mahomes more efficient when in the pocket, both of his explosive passing plays against the Bengals came from there.'

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/patrick-mahomes-chiefs-bengals-lou-anarumo/
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:48 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Dude, I know what I see and you've posted some crazy, wacky BS all day today. Not sure how to even take you serious.

Here you go. Mahomes is clearly a great qb from the pocket:

'This season, per Sports Info Solutions, no quarterback has thrown more touchdown passes from the pocket than Mahomes’ 34.'

'Mahomes has completed 391 of 552 passes (70.8%) from the pocket for 4,598 yards (8.3 yards per attempt), 1,953 air yards, those 34 touchdowns, nine interceptions, and a passer rating of 109.6. Only San Francisco’s Brock Purdy (114.6) and Philadelphia’s Jalen Hurts (111.7) have better passer ratings from the pocket this season, so maybe there’s still something to being able to make big plays from the pocket.'

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/patrick-mahomes-chiefs-bengals-lou-anarumo/
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - there were some questionable calls...but 0 net yards in 1st quarter. Burrow was under a ton of pressure. It seems like outside of deep 50/50 balls, our offense was just off. We had no run game either.

Also, on defense we looked slow with the pass rush and got very little pressure.

The Chiefs staff outschemed us. They got pressure on Joe and had coverage. They had a ton of injuries too.

It sucks, but man after Zacs rookie year if you told me within the next few years we'd go to and AFC championship game and a SB...I'd take it.

While it stings, night like tonight will make that championship sweeter one day!

Yep, we lost the AFCCG because of the Oline stinking and Mahomes being able to eat a snack before throwing the ball and gimpy at that.

You can whine and cry about bad calls, no calls, NFL being rigged all you want. But that ain't the real reason we lost.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:05 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You're correct but he breaks the will of teams when he gets outside and on the run, making something out of nothing. Plus, staying in the pocket and pushing off on that ankle was something they needed to see before sending the house. They tried to get to him with 4 the first half and had 2-3 blitzes picked up but just failed. Knowing they had a couple new receivers plus the ankle swelling up and being tired so they were able to bring more and cause far more havoc in the 2nd half.

I just think they waited too long to go after him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just think they waited too long to go after him.

Yes. They let him stand back there with no pressure the 1st half. He kept finding guys open.

Then, the 2nd half they pressured and hit him. He started limping. They couldn't move the ball.

Some blitzes we sent lbs late...which were slow and basically burned a defender.
Reply/Quote