Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have no depth on offense
(04-30-2022, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are guys on the bench that can fill in. Bench players aren't starting quality or else they'd be starting somewhere. It kind of is what it is. Every team is going to drop off if their guys get injured and they have to rely on bench pieces. 

I understand that, but there is a difference between serviceable depth and having complete liabilities. I think we can do better with a piece or two on day 3/camp cuts. Do not act like this line was not terrible the last 3 years because it was.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 01:02 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I understand that, but there is a difference between serviceable depth and having complete liabilities. I think we can do better with a piece or two on day 3/camp cuts. Do not act like this line was not terrible the last 3 years because it was.

Agree

I get it, you're not going to have a dozen guys that would be starters on any other team sitting on the bench. But as you say there's a difference in having a few warm bodies on the bench and guys that can fill in here and there - and be ok.

I'd still love to get a little better with our Oline depth and WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:37 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Outside of our 11 starters on offense we are seriously devoid of talent. Allen bottom 5 backup QB. Perine not very good.
Outside of our top 3 receivers a bunch of  hot garbage. Our Oline is bottom 5 if 2 were to get injured. This is very troubling to say the least.

Looking for Kinnard at Guard or Walker at Tackle in Round 4, or somebody like that. 

I disagree that our Super Bowl Offense is so weak on depth.  You do not understand the Zac Taylor Offense and why he resigned these great Blockers to be his #4 WR's.   On as Zac Taylor team, a WR MUST be able to BLOCK.  The Bengals resigned 2 players he uses as # 4 receivers who can catch but also flat out block on those much needed sweeps, screens and such. 

Do not worry, Day 3 will bring Offense.  Hopefully more O Line Blocking Depth ASAP.  

As for TE, Bengals are loaded on TE and will have to cut a few.  They have signed a lot of TEs already. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote