Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
Welcome aboard.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Go back and check out what he did as OC at UC. Its about a splitting image

Well Gunner Kiel raves about him as his coach
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: First playoff victory in decades. First away game playoff victory ever. Super Bowl appearance and only lost that by 3 points. Good community relations as he went to various sites handing out game balls. And its not as if the Bengals didn't have good QBs before Burrow. Palmer was a number 1 pick as well. Dalton had a lot of talent around him.

Taylor is not getting fired. We can stop this conversation now.
Doesn't mean we can't hope for that, or point out how trash he is...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Before we waste this window, we have got to move on from Zac Taylor, it's time for Katie and Mike to grow a sack and do right by this franchise on the highest level, Zac Taylor has got to go, he is not the guy. I pray every night that Nebraska offers Zac Taylor a blank check and we can get his a$$ on the first train to Lincoln.

You must not know Mike Brown very well.Zac Taylor isn’t going anywhere,even if he loses every game remaining on the schedule.Would like to see a new OC though,that would have complete control of the Offense.

But,in all reality,that’s not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is 18-35-1 (0.343) in the regular season and 3-1 (0.750) in the playoffs. That’s too weird for words.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor is 18-35-1 (0.343) in the regular season and 3-1 (0.750) in the playoffs.  That’s too weird for words.

The playoff run was too improbable for words.

Most teams I follow...you see a run coming. That just happened from nowhere and the defense kept saving the day.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So you’re saying there’s a chance!

I mean, if he gets caught smoking meth in the parking garage, then sure.  For football related reasons, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The playoff run was too improbable for words.

Most teams I follow...you see a run coming. That just happened from nowhere and the defense kept saving the day.

It really was a fluke.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, if he gets caught smoking meth in the parking garage, then sure.  For football related reasons, not so much.

The teams of the mid-2000s wouldn't care about that.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor is 18-35-1 (0.343) in the regular season and 3-1 (0.750) in the playoffs.  That’s too weird for words.
The Raiders game made sense. The Raiders wouldn't have been there if Brandon Staley wasn't an epic dunce. The number 1 seed in their house then on to KC for another win?  Those aren't cream puff victories.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:48 PM)samhain Wrote: The Raiders game made sense. The Raiders wouldn't have been there if Brandon Staley wasn't an epic dunce. The number 1 seed in their house then on to KC for another win?  Those aren't cream puff victories.

Zac is the master of close losses. Bad roster...close losses. Good roster...close losses.
Reply/Quote
They need to hire an OC that not only is competent but could possibly threaten Taylor for the HC position.

I know I'm dreaming but if you guys can do it... so can I!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The playoff run was too improbable for words.

Maybe...I feel like in the past 30 years the NY Giants have either gone 4-12 or beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  We've got a whole lot of outta nowhere playoff luck to catch up with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe...I feel like in the past 30 years the NY Giants have either gone 4-12 or beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  We've got a whole lot of outta nowhere playoff luck to catch up with them.

Yeah. That happens in football. Worst to 1st. 1st to worst.

The Rams suck this year. The McVay offense is kind of figured out.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. That happens in football. Worst to 1st. 1st to worst.

Seriously, the Giants either miss the playoffs by a mile or sneak in as the 17th seed and then beat the best QB ever who has like 15 rings.  It's uncanny.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, it's hard to know who to blame. The scripted plays are bad. Is it Callahan or Taylor.

I think Burrow might be part of the problem with his audibles. But, he's a much smaller part of it.

I think Burrow is part of it with audibles and missing possible blitzes.

I also blame the Center for not recognizing and adjusting the blocking.

These are smaller problems but are still problems that exist.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. That happens in football. Worst to 1st. 1st to worst.

Rams OL sucks
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:56 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think Burrow is part of it with audibles and missing possible blitzes.

I also blame the Center for not recognizing and adjusting the blocking.

These are smaller problems but are still problems that exist.

I read somewhere that Burrows PFF grade is slightly better than Collins. There's that.

It may be more than a slight problem.
Reply/Quote
It's really funny how a coach who led a team to their first playoff win in 31 years, came within a whisker of winning a SB and starts off the the next season 2-3 with the losses being by a combined 8 points, is suddenly trash and needs to be run out of town on a rail. 

Exactly how entitled are some of you?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's really funny how a coach who led a team to their first playoff win in 31 years, came within a whisker of winning a SB and starts off the the next season 2-3 with the losses being by a combined 8 points, is suddenly trash and needs to be run out of town on a rail. 

Exactly how entitled are some of you?

Zac Taylor sucks and has sucked 18-35.. Not our fault you refuse to accept it..
Reply/Quote