Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
Mike Brown will hang onto Zac Taylor; I’m sure of this. However, I think the Front Office might be open to changing offensive coordinators. I don’t like Zac’s play calls either but we have to be honest: The offense can barely execute the plays he calls anyway. That’s on Brian Callahan.

Here’s my favorite example: We know it’s a penalty to have ineligible men downfield but it’s perfectly licit to put eligible players out there. On wide receiver screen plays every other team but Cincinnati sets up the blocking scheme using other wide receivers or a tight end who lines up in the slot. Brian Callahan doesn’t design wide receiver screens this way. Joe throws the ball toward the sideline, the receiver catches it, turns upfield, and BAM! No blocking. When is the last time you recall a wide receiver screen going for big yardage?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's really funny how a coach who led a team to their first playoff win in 31 years, came within a whisker of winning a SB and starts off the the next season 2-3 with the losses being by a combined 8 points, is suddenly trash and needs to be run out of town on a rail. 

Exactly how entitled are some of you?

His offense is trash.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown will hang onto Zac Taylor; I’m sure of this. However, I think the Front Office might be open to changing offensive coordinators.  I don’t like Zac’s play calls either but we have to be honest: The offense can barely execute the plays he calls anyway.  That’s on Brian Callahan.

Here’s my favorite example:  We know it’s a penalty to have ineligible men downfield but it’s perfectly licit to put eligible players out there.  On wide receiver screen plays every other team but Cincinnati sets up the blocking scheme using other wide receivers or a tight end who lines up in the slot.  Brian Callahan doesn’t design wide receiver screens this way.  Joe throws the ball toward the sideline, the receiver catches it, turns upfield, and BAM!  No blocking.  When is the last time you recall a wide receiver screen going for big yardage?

It's such a basic offense too.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's really funny how a coach who led a team to their first playoff win in 31 years, came within a whisker of winning a SB and starts off the the next season 2-3 with the losses being by a combined 8 points, is suddenly trash and needs to be run out of town on a rail. 

Exactly how entitled are some of you?

If you didn't notice not only fans and posters on here have questioned Zac's playcalling... 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's such a basic offense too.

Yes, and fundamentally there’s nothing wrong with that in general. Remember the Patriots in their years with Tom Brady? That offense was watered down vanilla extract but every player accomplished their individual assignments flawlessly.
Reply/Quote
Watching MNF how did we beat KC in the AFC Championship at Arrowhead. Taylor deserves some big kudos there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If you didn't notice not only fans and posters on here have questioned Zac's playcalling... 

I've noticed it all. Only a literal moron could go an entire season and not make changes that would allow the talent on this team to compete for the playoffs. 

If people are still saying the same things after game #12, then there's a real problem. As it stands now, the Bengals are 2 games from the team with the best record in the AFC and 1 game away from the team(s) with the 2nd best record in the AFC. They also just went to Baltimore and lost a game, that they didn't play all that well, by a FG at the gun. A Baltimore team that a lot thought/think is one of the best teams in the AFC. 

P.S. theres a team playing tonight that was in the exact same position last year, that the Bengals are now. One might think that example would allow others to hold out a bit longer in the hopes that things change, but apparently we're so entitled with the SB run last year that anything short of being undefeated and the highest scoring offense in the league isn't enough.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Watching MNF how did we beat KC in the AFC Championship at Arrowhead. Taylor deserves some big kudos there.

It wasn't Taylor. It was Lou... Taylor has been riding his coattails....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: His offense is trash.

Wait. I though he was trash?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: It wasn't Taylor. It was Lou... Taylor has been riding his coattails....

Okay you are out of control. I’m done for the night.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've noticed it all. Only a literal moron could go an entire season and not make changes that would allow the talent on this team to compete for the playoffs. 

If people are still saying the same things after game #12, then there's a real problem. As it stands now, the Bengals are 2 games from the team with the best record in the AFC and 1 game away from the team(s) with the 2nd best record in the AFC. They also just went to Baltimore and lost a game, that they didn't play all that well, by a FG at the gun. A Baltimore team that a lot thought/think is one of the best teams in the AFC. 

P.S. theres a team playing tonight that was in the exact same position last year, that the Bengals are now. One might think that example would allow others to hold out a bit longer in the hopes that things change, but apparently we're so entitled with the SB run last year that anything short of being undefeated and the highest scoring offense in the league isn't enough.
What in the hell has Taylor done so well to give you all this "hope" ?? He's 18-35 as a coach. That is horrible.. He never learns from any of his mistakes.. Seriously, where is the positive coming from? It's obvious this offense has regressed and he isn't close to figuring it out..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, and fundamentally there’s nothing wrong with that in general.  Remember the Patriots in their years with Tom Brady?  That offense was watered down vanilla extract but every player accomplished their individual assignments flawlessly.

That's about as wrong as wrong can be. 

Reply/Quote
How can you expect Taylor to win any games with bums like Joe Burrow, Hayden Hurst, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, Ja'Marr Chase and Evan McPherson to score points? I mean, what a bunch of garbage to work with. Not like he has studs like Copper Rush out there.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:42 PM)Tony Wrote: What in the hell has Taylor done so well to give you all this "hope" ?? He's 18-35 as a coach. That is horrible.. He never learns from any of his mistakes.. Seriously, where is the positive coming from? It's obvious this offense has regressed and he isn't close to figuring it out..

Because i'm smart and i can see beyond raw numbers.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because i'm smart and i can see beyond raw numbers.

Ok, what is it you see ?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:26 PM)Tony Wrote: You guys live in cincy need to start giving Zac the Palmer treatment..

You are the type of fan that makes the rest of us ashamed to be associated with you.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's about as wrong as wrong can be. 

Right? The Patriots offense was notoriously complex, and hard for new players to master.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:51 PM)Tony Wrote: Ok, what is it you see ?

You haven't gleaned that from all my previous posts?

There's one only about 4 up from your question. EDIT: Actually, more like 8 up. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f34c25ae3ee3486799...y.gif&ct=g]

If not, sorry, i can't help you. But that's pretty common when dealing with someone that's irrational. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:47 PM)Tony Wrote: It really was a fluke.

This is a pathetic comment from a so called Bengals fan.  Our guys played the hell out of those games. 

You really need to detail how that run was a fluke...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm pretty sure his offense was ranked dead last in the country...

I rank you dead last on this board
Reply/Quote