Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
(10-10-2022, 11:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait. I though he was trash?

I’m sure he’s a perfectly fine person.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Watching MNF how did we beat KC in the AFC Championship at Arrowhead. Taylor deserves some big kudos there.

The Defense
Reply/Quote
The only reason to move on from Zac Taylor right now is to promote Lou Anarumo to Head Coach but then you would still have the to do exactly what they should do now.... Replace the Offensive staff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: It wasn't Taylor. It was Lou... Taylor has been riding his coattails....

You are just the "Otis Campbell the drunk" gift that keeps on giving. You have no clue the difference between a cowhide and nerf football. Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 08:59 AM)Synric Wrote: The only reason to move on from Zac Taylor right now is to promote Lou Anarumo to Head Coach but then you would still have the to do exactly what they should do now.... Replace the Offensive staff.

But at Least Lou might be willing to do just that...  Taylor wont ever see himself as the problem
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:53 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Defense

Wow. How amazing is our defense that they managed to score 27 points? Who ever heard of ANY defense scoring that many points?!  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Watching MNF how did we beat KC in the AFC Championship at Arrowhead. Taylor deserves some big kudos there.

Go re-watch that game, Taylor did a terrible job, everything we do we do in spite of him. Taylor's playcalling was awful that game too. The casual fan just forgets in victory, but he was bad all year last year, and he's a pompous a$$ who thinks he is good when he never has been good at any level calling offense! 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:12 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Go re-watch that game, Taylor did a terrible job, everything we do we do in spite of him. 

False. Even if it were possible for players to play great/win games in spite of the head coach (which is impossible in the NFL), Taylor still put this team together, still put the coaching staff together, still put the offense together, etc. It's a literal impossibility for us to do "everything ... in spite of him".

(10-11-2022, 10:12 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Taylor's playcalling was awful that game too. 

Wow. Awful playcalling that led to 366 yards of offense and 27 points and a victory. Too bad Taylor hasn't been equally as "awful" this season. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I don't think we should move on from Taylor. He had success last season and from the limited glimpses we have into the locker room, he seems to understand leadership and motivation.

We have a lot of threads and opinions about Zac. I'm in agreement with the sentiment that he needs to move on from offensive play calling. Give the responsibility to Callahan and trust him. If it doesn't work out, then Taylor must move on from Callahan.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: False. Even if it were possible for players to play great/win games in spite of the head coach (which is impossible in the NFL), Taylor still put this team together, still put the coaching staff together, still put the offense together, etc. It's a literal impossibility for us to do "everything ... in spite of him".

Wow. Awful playcalling that led to 366 yards of offense and 27 points and a victory. Too bad Taylor hasn't been equally as "awful" this season. Rolleyes

Players making plays, Taylor is NOT the reason the Bengals won games last year, NOT even top 5 of a reason. Zac Taylor is the worst offensive playcaller in the entire league, he drives a Ferarri of an offense, with the knowledge of a kid who needs training wheels on a bike. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:20 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Players making plays, Taylor is NOT the reason the Bengals won games last year, NOT even top 5 of a reason. Zac Taylor is the worst offensive playcaller in the entire league, he drives a Ferarri of an offense, with the knowledge of a kid who needs training wheels on a bike. 

"Players making plays." Yeah? And called those plays? Rolleyes

And not even top 5? Oh, please, great wise one, what are the 5 top reasons that the Bengals nearly won the Super Bowl that the HEAD COACH had no part of? 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:23 AM)PhilHos Wrote:  
"Players making plays." Yeah? And called those plays? Rolleyes

And not even top 5? Oh, please, great wise one, what are the 5 top reasons that the Bengals nearly won the Super Bowl that the HEAD COACH had no part of? 

Keep drinking the Kool-Aide. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:26 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Keep drinking the Kool-Aide. 

Wow. What a well-thought, rational response that addresses all my arguments and refutes them with facts and logic. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 05:22 AM)WhoDey Wrote: I rank you dead last on this board

O no! What will I do now!?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Wow. What a well-thought, rational response that addresses all my arguments and refutes them with facts and logic. Rolleyes

Drink it, bro!

[Image: cool-aid-drink.gif]
Reply/Quote
The mindset that the Bengals success last year of finally winning a playoff game ( 3 mind you) beat a KC team twice and came close to winning a SB did it all without a head coach contributing significantly. It’s just such a flawed thinking. His success last year should grant a standing ovation and the start of this season deserved scrutiny.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:48 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Drink it, bro!

[Image: cool-aid-drink.gif]

OH YEAH!!

BTW, my favorite flavor is grape. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: OH YEAH!!

BTW, my favorite flavor is grape. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:53 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Defense

The offense in the second half and OT outscored KC 34-6. So it would be both
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:12 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Go re-watch that game, Taylor did a terrible job, everything we do we do in spite of him. Taylor's playcalling was awful that game too. The casual fan just forgets in victory, but he was bad all year last year, and he's a pompous a$$ who thinks he is good when he never has been good at any level calling offense! 

Outscoring KC last year the second half and OT 34-6 says otherwise and leading the offense late in the playoff games with clutch play calling begs otherwise.

Reply/Quote