Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
(10-10-2022, 10:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You mean having receivers and tight ends block the teams best pass rushers isn't a good concept? 

I saw Tyler Boyd trying to block Oweh last night on a Chase designed run and almost spit my beer out. 

I saw 17 Morgan get run over trying to block
Reply/Quote
Rivera lasted nearly 4 years after the Panthers super bowl loss

Quinn lasted 3.4 more years after the Falcons loss

both coaches had/have a much longer NFL pedigree than Taylor.

Both Rivera and Quinn also had career winning records with the Panthers and Falcons before being fired too.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, hopefully this forum isn't reflective of the regular fan base. Otherwise, it would be so painful for the organization to have changed the culture, got the team to the Super Bowl, had Taylor visiting bars and handing out game balls, have revised the social media presence, and then have the fan base turn on them just five games into the season after the Super Bowl.

Agree, 

we are all frustrated and rightfully so, but to turn this venomous prematurely is insane.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, hopefully this forum isn't reflective of the regular fan base. Otherwise, it would be so painful for the organization to have changed the culture, got the team to the Super Bowl, had Taylor visiting bars and handing out game balls, have revised the social media presence, and then have the fan base turn on them just five games into the season after the Super Bowl.

It's not just the fan base, the whole country is full of doofuses....just drive down the road for two miles. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree, 

we are all frustrated and rightfully so, but to turn this venomous prematurely is insane.  

It's the trash reality TV/run your mouth on social media with no physical consequences syndrome, lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's the trash reality TV/run your mouth on social media with no physical consequences syndrome, lol.

I wonder how toxic Twitter, message boards and other sites would be if everyone was REQUIRED to use their real name?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:56 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I saw 17 Morgan get run over trying to block

Yup, that was a very well designed play! Lmfao. Burrow and Chase saved this guy a couple years! JUST PLEASE HIRE A COMPETENT OC! Don’t ruin this season/window!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I wonder how toxic Twitter, message boards and other sites would be if everyone was REQUIRED to use their real name?

Complete with addresses and phone numbers? I'd wager it'd be a lot more cordial....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They signed him to a 5 year extension after the SB. They won't fire him.

The best we can hope for is...yes Nebraska. I doubt that though. Or, that he quits calling plays. But, honestly...Callahan might be a bigger problem. We do terrible on the scripted plays.

And yes...while I'm cautious to say Burrow is regressing. The offense doesn't look good. And there are too many weapons to look this bad.

Nope. They will 100%, absolutely fire him if the Bengals keep underperforming. He earned himself one dud year with the SB. If he can’t turn it around this season and getS off to a rocky start next season, they will show him the door very quickly. The Bengals eating his salary is nothing compared to the money they stand to lose, if they keep putting out an inferior product.

Burrow isn’t regressing, and that’s not my bias speaking. It’s coaching. I’m sure you checked out the thread on Chase’s route tree. What the hell is Burrow supposed to do with that?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Before we waste this window, we have got to move on from Zac Taylor, it's time for Katie and Mike to grow a sack and do right by this franchise on the highest level, Zac Taylor has got to go, he is not the guy. I pray every night that Nebraska offers Zac Taylor a blank check and we can get his a$$ on the first train to Lincoln.

We paid him and extended him he is going nowhere.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:39 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Nope. They will 100%, absolutely fire him if the Bengals keep underperforming. He earned himself one dud year with the SB. If he can’t turn it around this season and getS off to a rocky start next season, they will show him the door very quickly. The Bengals eating his salary is nothing compared to the money they stand to lose, if they keep putting out an inferior product.

Burrow isn’t regressing, and that’s not my bias speaking. It’s coaching. I’m sure you checked out the thread on Chase’s route tree. What the hell is Burrow supposed to do with that?

Now that’s some funny stuff. You obviously know nothing about the Brown family.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:39 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Nope. They will 100%, absolutely fire him if the Bengals keep underperforming. He earned himself one dud year with the SB. If he can’t turn it around this season and getS off to a rocky start next season, they will show him the door very quickly. The Bengals eating his salary is nothing compared to the money they stand to lose, if they keep putting out an inferior product.

A lot of us have been Bengal fans for decades and know how this org operates.

Taylor likely will coach out that contract no matter what. 

Say they don't make the playoffs...they'll blame injuries. Cohesion on oline, etc. They'll likely fire Pollack.

Then, say next year they play bad...they'll fire coordinators.

Then, say the next year they play bad. Well, it's because they have a new system.

Nowhere in that will they fire Taylor.

This teams floor is 7-8 wins unless Burrow gets hurt. Most likely they will 9-10 games.

With the upcoming schedule...they could end up 8-3 or 7-4. Probably no worse than 6-5.
Reply/Quote

LOL really?

Are you the same poster that said this?

Quote:1. I’ve watched Burrow religiously since he arrived at LSU. I’ve listened to most interviews. His Heisman speech. I’ve watched interviews with his family. And if you were paying attention, you’d know that against all suggestions, he didn’t pull an Eli Manning and went to one of the historically weakest franchises in the NFL. You don’t do that if you’re not committed for the long haul. I knew who Burrow was when yall were in year 30 of sub-mediocrity. And I mean that respectfully. Did you? No. So yes, it does mean that, genius.

2. Dude, you’re so green on message boards clearly. I don’t know of a single message board that repeatedly disses outsiders, especially if they support the team and are respectful. It gives a different perspective. And it’s not like you guys have a surplus of fans (yet), I would think all would be welcome. I give you a pass, because I’ll assume you’re a fair weather fan who barely posted here before they were worth watching for the rest of us. I support the Bengals more than the Saints. I’ve watched every second of every Bengals game since he came there. Have you? I’ve seen tons of posts here that say they don’t want to watch the games. Wouldn’t be surprised if you’re one of them. Why don’t you FOH. There’s plenty of Bengals fans that aren’t rude, sub-par posters.

Unlike you, *I'm* not even being rude here: you whip out the, "fairweather/don't know anything," fan card, when you have absolutely 0 idea of this franchise's history or how it operates.

I've been a fan since I was 3, (1992). After Boomer and Leon Lett, the first player I knew and remembered was John Copeland. Do YOU even know who that is?

You've been taking passive-aggressive (and also blatantly to the point) shots at our team for the past few weeks, even when winning and then you try to spin people who have a ton of knowledge, on their head and say that they're wrong?

That doesn't even make for good discussion.

To the topic at hand, win or lose, Zac's going nowhere, period.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

This is why Jungle Noise is supposed to be for Bengals fans. You are a self-professed Saints fan, only here because you are a Burrow fanboy. You know nothing about the Bengals organization, and your posts continue to prove that.  And FYI, most people in Ohio knew who follow football knew who Burrow was long before he went to LSU.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL really?

Are you the same poster that said this?

Unlike you, *I'm* not even being rude here: you whip out the, "fairweather/don't know anything," fan card, when you have absolutely 0 idea of this franchise's history or how it operates.

I've been a fan since I was 3, (1992). After Boomer and Leon Lett, the first player I knew and remembered was John Copeland. Do YOU even know who that is?

You've been taking passive-aggressive (and also blatantly to the point) shots at our team for the past few weeks, even when winning and then you try to spin people who have a ton of knowledge, on their head and say that they're wrong?

That doesn't even make for good discussion.

To the topic at hand, win or lose, Zac's going nowhere, period.

I've been on the bandwagon since the early 70's if that counts for anything ?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is why Jungle Noise is supposed to be for Bengals fans. You are a self-professed Saints fan, only here because you are a Burrow fanboy. You know nothing about the Bengals organization, and your posts continue to prove that.  And FYI, most people in Ohio knew who follow football knew who Burrow was long before he went to LSU.

Guess he doesn't remember the "Aints" when half their stadium sat with brown paper grocery bags over their heads for two decades.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 09:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been on the bandwagon since the early 70's if that counts for anything ?  Hilarious

Since we're sharing, I've been a Bengal fan since 1991. I had to wait 25 years before I got to see a winning Bengals team.  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 09:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been on the bandwagon since the early 70's if that counts for anything ?  Hilarious

80s here! The only times I missed games was when the blackout rule was in effect, so I've missed a ton. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To the topic at hand, win or lose, Zac's going nowhere, period.

If he keeps putting out a sub par product, he’s gone in 2-3 seasons. His contract costs nothing compared to the amount the Bengals have to lose. That’s how the NFL works.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:51 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If he keeps putting out a sub par product, he’s gone in 2-3 seasons. His contract costs nothing compared to the amount the Bengals have to lose. That’s how the NFL works.

True, but the Bengals have never concerned themselves with how the rest of the NFL works. I give you Marvin Lewis as exhibit A....lol.

Reply/Quote