Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
(10-13-2022, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: True, but the Bengals have never concerned themselves with how the rest of the NFL works. I give you Marvin Lewis as exhibit A....lol.

Fair point… though he did make the playoffs 7 times. I’ve said it a few times, NFL is all about what have you done for me lately, and even though I understand why yall are jaded, I think the Bengals have joined the party. I really do believe that.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:06 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Fair point… though he did make the playoffs 7 times. I’ve said it a few times, NFL is all about what have you done for me lately, and even though I understand why yall are jaded, I think the Bengals have joined the party. I really do believe that.

I hope so. I liked Marvin, and I sure appreciated him for getting us out of the black hole.....but he should've been fired immediately after the playoff meltdown in 2015.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:51 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If he keeps putting out a sub par product, he’s gone in 2-3 seasons. His contract costs nothing compared to the amount the Bengals have to lose. That’s how the NFL works.

The barometer will be when they try to renew the contracts of Higgins, Chase, and Burrow. Their opinion will weigh heavily and whether keeping him will hurt or help.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: True, but the Bengals have never concerned themselves with how the rest of the NFL works. I give you Marvin Lewis as exhibit A....lol.

31 teams are going east, we're going west. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:06 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Fair point… though he did make the playoffs 7 times. I’ve said it a few times, NFL is all about what have you done for me lately, and even though I understand why yall are jaded, I think the Bengals have joined the party. I really do believe that.

In ways you're right. Look at the free agency lately, practice bubble, social media and so on.

But I would be shocked beyond belief if Zac is fired anytime soon. By soon I mean like this season or even the next. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:51 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If he keeps putting out a sub par product, he’s gone in 2-3 seasons. His contract costs nothing compared to the amount the Bengals have to lose. That’s how the NFL works.

But that's not how Mike Brown works or his daughter.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 31 teams are going east, we're going west. 

But only for 10 years. After 10 years the Bengals turn around and go east. Only problem is, the other teams are now going west. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:09 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hope so. I liked Marvin, and I sure appreciated him for getting us out of the black hole.....but he should've been fired immediately after the playoff meltdown in 2015.

Agreed, and honestly it probably should've been after 2013 and the only home loss of the season to the underdog Chargers... But for sure after 2015, and Vontaze and Pacman should've been shown the door too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: But that's not how Mike Brown works or his daughter.

I guess we shall see. I’m not a lifelong Bengals fan or anything, so of course I don’t know how things are run in Cincy, but I’m a lapsed Saints fan, and for what it’s worth, the way you guys talk about Mike Brown and his daughter are identical to how we talked about Tom Benson and his daughter. They were terrible owners, but everything changed when Drew Brees showed up.

I think Joe Burrow can easily be the Drew Brees of the Bengals, he’s already gotten to a SB, in his first full season, it took Brees several years to get there. But I don’t think Zac Taylor can be Sean Payton.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 01:35 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I guess we shall see. I’m not a lifelong Bengals fan or anything, so of course I don’t know how things are run in Cincy, but I’m a lapsed Saints fan, and for what it’s worth, the way you guys talk about Mike Brown and his daughter are identical to how we talked about Tom Benson and his daughter. They were terrible owners, but everything changed when Drew Brees showed up.

I think Joe Burrow can easily be the Drew Brees of the Bengals, he’s already gotten to a SB, in his first full season, it took Brees several years to get there. But I don’t think Zac Taylor can be Sean Payton.

That I can agree with, 100%
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 01:35 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I guess we shall see. I’m not a lifelong Bengals fan or anything, so of course I don’t know how things are run in Cincy, but I’m a lapsed Saints fan, and for what it’s worth, the way you guys talk about Mike Brown and his daughter are identical to how we talked about Tom Benson and his daughter. They were terrible owners, but everything changed when Drew Brees showed up.

There are some parallels, but.....Benson and Finks brought in Mora and turned the Aints into the Saints. Mike Brown turned Paul Brown's Bengals into the Bungals for over a decade.  

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: I hope so. I liked Marvin, and I sure appreciated him for getting us out of the black hole.....but he should've been fired immediately after the playoff meltdown in 2015.

Or even if you didn't want to jump ship that fast, it should have been after 2016 when they went 6-9-1.
Can't be regressing like that after making the playoffs 5 years in a row.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or even if you didn't want to jump ship that fast, it should have been after 2016 when they went 6-9-1.

Yep. That was the beginning of the end.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or even if you didn't want to jump ship that fast, it should have been after 2016 when they went 6-9-1.

To be Fair we lost a lot of key players (WR2 and 3) that offseason and a few more the next(OG OT)...  and the Draft picks failed to replace
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: To be Fair we lost a lot of key players (WR2 and 3) that offseason and a few more the next(OG OT)...  and the Draft picks failed to replace

True, and those drafts killed this team for Marvin and made the current staff's start really tough. The playoff meltdown, for me, was inexcusable. You gotta have more discipline than that. This group is much more mentally tough than any of Marvin's squads.

Reply/Quote
I'm heading into my third year of being tired of Zac Taylor's ****, but I'm under no illusion of the Bengals possibly firing him. When they gave him that extension, I knew we were stuck with this guy.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: To be Fair we lost a lot of key players (WR2 and 3) that offseason and a few more the next(OG OT)...  and the Draft picks failed to replace

Those draft picks are the responsibility of the scouting/coaches to get production.

And we saw the team give Marvin two more chances after that season, only to result in two more losing seasons.

So 2016 wasn't really the unlucky fluke that some thought it was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: I hope so. I liked Marvin, and I sure appreciated him for getting us out of the black hole.....but he should've been fired immediately after the playoff meltdown in 2015.

After the 2013 playoffs. 

3 straight 1-and-dones, 0-5 in the playoffs, got blown out despite having the 6th scoring offense and 5th scoring defense. We had seen enough to know. The 2013 team should have been his last shot. 2014-2015 was a SB window that got wasted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: After the 2013 playoffs. 

3 straight 1-and-dones, 0-5 in the playoffs, got blown out despite having the 6th scoring offense and 5th scoring defense. We had seen enough to know. The 2013 team should have been his last shot. 2014-2015 was a SB window that got wasted.

You can even make a strong argument for after the 4-12 2010. But yes that loss to San Diego was unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 02:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: There are some parallels, but.....Benson and Finks brought in Mora and turned the Aints into the Saints. Mike Brown turned Paul Brown's Bengals into the Bungals for over a decade.  

Fair. We did have that 12-4 season with Mora. But yeah, my dad still has one of his brown paper bags he wore to a game in the 80s… haha.

Still can’t wait for the game though. I will 100% be wearing my Bengals jersey. 
Reply/Quote