Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We just spotted these assholes a day and a half.
(01-16-2017, 10:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: Theres nothing that pisses me off more than watching the Steelers winning playoff games practically every year. At the end of the day when you look at the playoffs you always see the same teams in the divisional championship round. Its as predictable as Marvin Lewis' press conference and the front office giving him an extension.
I feel the same way.After watching the steelers win last night i wanted to break something.This happends every season and the thing that gets me is some of these teams have won big playoff games,Fired their coaches ,Hired new coach,Return to playoffs,Win big playoff games all while marvin and co go 0-7..pisses me off.Another thing is all these teams are winning with their kickers kicking 50+yarders while our goes weeks missing extra points.The parody in the nfl should be alot closer in talent level than where we are.
Reply/Quote
So last night I instantly wanted the Patriots to win. But I've changed my tune a bit and I am comfortable win or lose.

I watch football outside of the bengals for entertainment purposes. Yesterday was the best day of NFL football in a long time.

I root for the bengals to win above all else and I root for the steelers to lose (unless of course it somehow helps the bengals).

I have wanted nothing more than to see the bengals go to and win a Super Bowl. But there has been a part of me for the last 10 years that wants to see a Rodgers v Brady Super Bowl. Kind of like a passing of the torch if you will.

But... If the steelers somehow pull off upset in fox borough it makes the super bowl so much more interesting for me as I will have a rooting interest for whoever comes out of the NFC. Recently I have gone into the Super Bowl "hoping for a good competitive game" 2 or of the last 3 years it hasn't delivered. If I get pack/patriots I will default to the "hope for a good competitive game"

But if I get Falcons/packers v steelers I am instantly a bandwagon fan... At least for one Sunday anyhow.

Steelers are classless pieces of shit that get preferential treatment from the national media. I'm tired of it, but they also have a good team. In my unbiased opinion the steelers have the more talented roster, let's just hope the wizard, the ageless wonder, and homefield is enough to pull it off. I really don't want to see terrible towels at any Super Bowl again, but if I do at least I have a team to root against
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When was the last time the Steelers won in the playoff's without a questionable call helping them win a close game? Seems like its been a very long time. That should be all that needs said. Everyone who's looked into it knows that Goodell was chosen by the Rooneys. And he's got in there and made football so much less fun and more stressful to watch, that it has the lowest ratings ever. It's a drama show now, not 'real man' football. Teams like the big, bad, tough Steelers seem to benefit from it more than anyone else too which is for the birds.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:13 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: So last night I instantly wanted the Patriots to win. But I've changed my tune a bit and I am comfortable win or lose.

I watch football outside of the bengals for entertainment purposes. Yesterday was the best day of NFL football in a long time.  

I root for the bengals to win above all else and I root for the steelers to lose (unless of course it somehow helps the bengals).

I have wanted nothing more than to see the bengals go to and win a Super Bowl.  But there has been a part of me for the last 10 years that wants to see a Rodgers v Brady Super Bowl.  Kind of like a passing of the torch if you will.

But... If the steelers somehow pull off upset in fox borough it makes the super bowl so much more interesting for me as I will have a rooting interest for whoever comes out of the NFC.  Recently I have gone into the Super Bowl "hoping for a good competitive game" 2 or of the last 3 years it hasn't delivered. If I get pack/patriots I will default to the "hope for a good competitive game"

But if I get Falcons/packers v steelers I am instantly a bandwagon fan... At least for one Sunday anyhow.

Steelers are classless pieces of shit that get preferential treatment from the national media.  I'm tired of it, but they also have a good team.  In my unbiased opinion the steelers have the more talented roster, let's just hope the wizard, the ageless wonder, and homefield is enough to pull it off.  I really don't want to see terrible towels at any Super Bowl again, but if I do at least I have a team to root against
The most classless thing on the earth is a Steeler fan. All that whining about Burfict, but when they take a cheap shot on Conley for K.C. its "good solid shoulder tackle" "nothing he could do.... " "Good hard nosed Steeler football"  etc....  I know it isn't nice to hate people but I hate the team, their stupid Omar Epps looking coach, their fans and most of all I hate the fact that every year we have to sit and watch this team do what the Bengals can't do.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 12:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes it was. Yes you do.

There was no way Harrison was getting to Smith. Harrison wasn't pulled down by Fisher, he lost his footing and slipped on a wet field. Smith was three steps away from him about the throw the ball in the pocket. Harrison had no impact on that play whatsoever until the ref threw the flag.

I saw a better replay of it and yes, it looks more questionable to me now since Fisher had an arm around his chest. That kind of thing happens all the time. When the biggest play of the game is happening, good refs will let the players play and only call infractions that clearly help or hurt the result of the play directly.

In the end, doesn't matter what the f--k I think. It was called and that's that and I will admit it wasn't as egregious as I first thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:23 PM)djam Wrote: When was the last time the Steelers won in the playoff's without a questionable call helping them win a close game? Seems like its been a very long time. That should be all that needs said. Everyone who's looked into it knows that Goodell was chosen by the Rooneys. And he's got in there and made football so much less fun and more stressful to watch, that it has the lowest ratings ever. It's a drama show now, not 'real man' football. Teams like the big, bad, tough Steelers seem to benefit from it more than anyone else too which is for the birds.

I think the call was complete crap and had that been anyone else it probably wouldn't have been called.

That said, the Steelers outplayed the Chiefs anyway and were the better team.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:23 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The most classless thing on the earth is a Steeler fan. All that whining about Burfict, but when they take a cheap shot on Conley for K.C. its "good solid shoulder tackle" "nothing he could do.... " "Good hard nosed Steeler football"  etc....  I know it isn't nice to hate people but I hate the team, their stupid Omar Epps looking coach, their fans and most of all I hate the fact that every year we have to sit and watch this team do what the Bengals can't do.

Yep, the hypocrisy is the most annoying part about them. That hit was WAY dirtier than burficts hit on brown last year 
Reply/Quote
It looks like a legitimate holding call to me- except that the Steelers do the same things throughout the games played against the Bengals with no calls resulting.

If the league truly cared about the integrity of the game, they would have full time officials who watched game film all week under the supervision of a senior managing official to work on getting consistent calls by all crews and consistent calls by a crew during the same game.

MLB officiating is of such higher quality because the umpires are fulltime.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 02:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: It looks like a legitimate holding call to me- except that the Steelers do the same things throughout the games played against the Bengals with no calls resulting.

If the league truly cared about the integrity of the game, they would have full time officials who watched game film all week under the supervision of a senior managing official to work on getting consistent calls by all crews and consistent calls by a crew during the same game.

MLB officiating is of such higher quality because the umpires are fulltime.

Yep was a hold, but one of their lineman had MJ (think it was MJ, if someone has a screenshot of that play it'd be nice to compare the 2) in a game against us in an even worse chokehold that went uncalled
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 07:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mike Tomlin (on winning and facing the Patriots in AFC-C): ""When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let's say very little moving forward. Let's start our preparations. We just spotted these a--h---- a day and a half. They played yesterday. Our game got moved to tonight. We're going to touch down at 4 o'clock in the f---ing morning. So be it," Tomlin said in the video. "We'll be ready for their a--. But you ain't got to tell them we're coming."

Marvin Lewis: *Clap* "Let's go."

Oh yeah, the NFL is all against you Tomlin. LMAO!!!

The refs had to hand you another Playoff win. Tried to take out Kelce just like a few of us predicted.

The Pats will beat the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:23 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The most classless thing on the earth is a Steeler fan. All that whining about Burfict, but when they take a cheap shot on Conley for K.C. its "good solid shoulder tackle" "nothing he could do.... " "Good hard nosed Steeler football"  etc....  I know it isn't nice to hate people but I hate the team, their stupid Omar Epps looking coach, their fans and most of all I hate the fact that every year we have to sit and watch this team do what the Bengals can't do.

That was dirty once again no doubt with the hit on Conley.

Damn is it predictable.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, the NFL is all against you Tomlin. LMAO!!!

The refs had to hand you another Playoff win. Tried to take out Kelce just like a few of us predicted.

Yep, and then they will whine about how it's rigged against them and the refs gave the game away lmao can't wait!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, and then they will whine about how it's rigged against them and the refs gave the game away lmao can't wait!

For sure, it is pretty much written in stone.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, it is pretty much written in stone.

Unless they "Kimo" Brady. Wouldn't put it past them
Reply/Quote
Some of you put way too much stock into words and gestures and not enough into substance.

"Oh my god Marvin sounds so timid at press conferences. This is why we fail."

"Why can't Marvin blow up on the sidelines? Obviously he doesn't care and isn't man enough."

"Why doesn't Marvin pickup that jug of Gatorade and physically assault Nugent with it?"

If a bunch of grown men who are getting paid top dollar to play a game need another grown man to cheer them on for motivation they need to be shown the door regardless. Get angry at Marvin for not letting Nugent go more quickly or whatever but to act like a pep talk is the big equalizer is laughable to say the least.
Reply/Quote
I think those that are writing off the steelers are letting your blinders get in the way.

Unfortunately they are a team with great talent at skill positions and are a physical and mentally tough team. They are also playing really fast on D. I'm hoping the patriots win, but this steelers team is going to be a tough out.
Reply/Quote
If I was a Steelers fan I'd be eating this thread up. LOL So much hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 09:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Pittsburgh could easily win the Super Bowl this year. They have a good team. I don't like 'em, but I tell it like it is.

They aren't THAT good. And they've had some help so far...
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yet another game where the refs give the game to the Steelers.

While I do think there is an officiating bias...KC also squandered opportunities...just like the Bengals do.

Kelsey had a deep throw that just went through his hands. They had a bunch of guys with drops. They just didn't make plays.

Just like the Bengals last year. People can blame officiating...but if Hill didn't fumble...we win. Heck if we just took a knee 3 times, we probably win.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, the NFL is all against you Tomlin. LMAO!!!

Tomlin is getting his guys fired up creating an US vs THE WORLD mentality.

Tomlin is a great coach. He'd call guys over and discipline them during games when they made mistakes. When was the last time Marvin did that?
Reply/Quote