Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We just spotted these assholes a day and a half.
(01-17-2017, 02:41 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He did not pull him down, Harrison slipped. I'm not saying he wasn't held but if you don't make that call during the game, you don't make it at that juncture either. I think Harrison actually sold it a bit as well. Veteran player doing veteran things.

You are correct in everything else you wrote. Steelers were the much better team.

Bottom line is that as a Tackle if you put your arm across the defensive players body...it's a Hold. That was textbook.

And to say you don't make a call at that point of a game is crazy. A hold is a hold whether it be in the 1st minute or the last minute.

The Chiefs had opportunities to win and didn't make plays. The ball literally went right through Kelce...their best players hands.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...it took the officials for the Steelers to beat the Chiefs.

The reality is the Steelers outplayed the Chiefs in every way possible...except scoring TD's.

Total Yards
Pitt: 389
KC: 227

Turnovers
KC: 2
Pitt: 1

Time of Possession
Pitt: 34 min
KC: 26 min

Top Rushers
Pitt/Bell: 170 yards
KC/Ware: 35 yards

Top Receivers
Pitt/Brown: 108 yards
KC/Kelce: 77

Second Best WR
Pitt/James: 83 yards
KC/Maclin: 28 yards
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 09:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sad but so, so true.  We are so abused as fans that we've elevated a single playoff win to this major accomplishment just always beyond our grasp, like it's some mythical creature we're chasing.  If New England, Pittsburgh or Green Bay won a single playoff game and exited the playoffs, they'd be pissed.  Meanwhile, we'd be planning a parade.  It's actually come to that.  
Wouldn't quite be parade time for me. I attended one of the Bengals Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 11:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Quit reading at Bengals fans need to stop with the Steeler hate. 

Sorry, can not do it. 

See what I mean man ? Steeler players, COACHES and fans EMBRACE hate, cheap shots,dirty play and injuring the opposition, yet point the finger when it's given back at them in return. 
I see creeping Stockholm Syndrome in some Bengal fans. I HATE THE STEELERS.
Reply/Quote
Okay, Mike Tomlin is a profane, trash-talking thug -- but shouldn't this be the attitude Marvin Lewis takes against his opponents too? Shouldn't the Bengals look at opponents as, um, excretory orifices or does Cincinnati have a mental block against the Steelers or the Patriots?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 03:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think those that are writing off the steelers are letting your blinders get in the way.  

Unfortunately they are a team with great talent at skill positions and are a physical and mentally tough team.  They are also playing really fast on D.  I'm hoping the patriots win, but this steelers team is going to be a tough out.
True but Ben should get all the credit. Minus Big Ben, Steelers are ordinary at best. Not opinion, that's a fact.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 12:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, Mike Tomlin is a profane, trash-talking thug -- but shouldn't this be the attitude Marvin Lewis takes against his opponents too?  Shouldn't the Bengals look at opponents as, um, excretory orifices or does Cincinnati have a mental block against the Steelers or the Patriots?

I think Tomlin is great at relating to the current generation of players.

This video wasn't something said to the press. It was a closed locker room talk that Antonio Brown live streamed.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 12:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, Mike Tomlin is a profane, trash-talking thug -- but shouldn't this be the attitude Marvin Lewis takes against his opponents too?  Shouldn't the Bengals look at opponents as, um, excretory orifices or does Cincinnati have a mental block against the Steelers or the Patriots?

Yes, it should be. And that was exactly why I started this thread. I just can't see Marvin saying or doing something like this, we've seen enough interviews. Like the NFL player said "Everyone in this league is an asshole. You have to be an asshole to be a head coach." I think on the field (sidelines) and off (interviews) we have seen Marvin be an asshole approximately 0% of the time.

If we heard this quote and didn't know who said it, I wonder how many would have guessed incorrectly (between Marvin and Tomlin). Maybe hindsight bias but it's pretty obvious it's his. Similar to the Harbaughs, they sound like they can motivate. Something I think the Bengals talent severely lacks, motivation.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't you want the Steelers to win? It makes our division look better! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why wouldn't you want the Steelers to win? It makes our division look better!  Ninja

I've heard my Dad say over the years that he's going to root for the Ravens (if/when the Bengals are bounced out of the playoffs), or he'll say he's rooting for the Browns (during the year). From 30 year fans, I guess he's starting to get fed up. At least he didn't say Steelers.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 04:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they don't. 

There's nothing wrong with hating a rival. Look at Yankees/Red Sox, Ohio St/Michigan, etc.

I hate their rapist QB, I hate their POS HC, I hate the majority of their fanbase,  I hate their stupid ***** towels,  I hate everything about them. And I'm not stopping because some random guy on the Internet doesn't like it. 

Cool

Completely agree NC.

Plus, it would be different if the Steelers actually won games on their own without needing the refs help
pretty much every big game. Or it would be different if the Steelers players didn't try to take players out
of the game on dirty hits pretty much every big game. They are scumbags.

There are like two good people on that entire team that i know of, Villanueva and Moates.

Maybe AB and Bell but AB is a bit of a diva. But their QB is a rapist, their coach is a thug, Porter is a thug,
Decastro is extremely dirty, we all know about Mike Mitchell etc.
Reply/Quote
Just watched the play for the first time... That was holding. Period. The LT let Harrison get into his body without extending his arms to block and then, after it was too late to engage with his hands and keep leverage, hooked his neck so he couldn't go around. If he hadn't done that Harrison would have probably gotten to Smith before he made the throw. Harrison slips because he has no balance with his legs out in front and his head still under the LT's arm. Does he sell it a little? Well, probably, but that's because he's a good, smart player. Why wouldn't he?

- To the point of Tomlin after the game... yeah, Marvin would have slowly slipped on each sock and a pair of penny loafers before buttoning up his cardigan and using Bert and Ernie puppets to give the team a patented "You have the next three days off. Be a pro. Let's go."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 07:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Tomlin is getting his guys fired up creating an US vs THE WORLD mentality.

Tomlin is a great coach. He'd call guys over and discipline them during games when they made mistakes. When was the last time Marvin did that?

Eh, i would not say a great coach, he is alright but he got tons of help when he got there inheriting Cowher's
team and the ref bias that will always be there for the Steelers. I doubt he would of had that much success here.

Agreed on Marv not calling out guys cause he doesn't do that except for Paulie G this year who was trying to
improve the Defense and Marv stabbed him in the back.

But i would never want that thug Tomlin here either. Need a little class in your head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, i would not say a great coach, he is alright but he got tons of help when he got there inheriting Cowher's
team and the ref bias that will always be there for the Steelers. I doubt he would of had that much success here.

Agreed on Marv not calling out guys cause he doesn't do that except for Paulie G this year who was trying to
improve the Defense and Marv stabbed him in the back.

But i would never want that thug Tomlin here either. Need a little class in your head coach.

What coach would have as much success here?

This is a team that has a small scouting department and that doesn't believe in using free agency heavily.

IF Marvin went to the Steelers after Cowhere, he probably wins a Super Bowl. People are clamoring for the hottest DC or OC in the NFL. That was Marvin years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What coach would have as much success here?

This is a team that has a small scouting department and that doesn't believe in using free agency heavily.

IF Marvin went to the Steelers after Cowhere, he probably wins a Super Bowl. People are clamoring for the hottest DC or OC in the NFL. That was Marvin years ago.

A coach that makes adjustments well, especially in game adjustments and starts the best players.

Just because you are a good Coordinator it doesn't mean you will be a good Head Coach. Marv is proof of this.

So is Dick Lebeaux. (sp?)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A coach that makes adjustments well, especially in game adjustments and starts the best players.

Just because you are a good Coordinator it doesn't mean you will be a good Head Coach. Marv is proof of this.

So is Dick Lebeaux.

That's part of it...but the coordinators are the ones that make the adjustments...not necessarily the head coach. Coordinators handle the X's and O's.

The Bengals coaching issues go far beyond Lewis. The culture issue goes clear to upper management.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's part of it...but the coordinators are the ones that make the adjustments...not necessarily the head coach. Coordinators handle the X's and O's.

The Bengals coaching issues go far beyond Lewis. The culture issue goes clear to upper management.

Cool, completely agree with that.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 11:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't care for either team. Go Pats!

That's all we have at this point: cheering for the Pats next Sunday, hoping they'll do the dirty work we couldn't do.  How ****** up is that?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 02:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I've heard my Dad say over the years that he's going to root for the Ravens (if/when the Bengals are bounced out of the playoffs), or he'll say he's rooting for the Browns (during the year). From 30 year fans, I guess he's starting to get fed up. At least he didn't say Steelers.
Fed up.......... so he's rooting for the Brown's ?
If that's true, theres, more than a Bengals issue going on there. lol.
Reply/Quote
I hope the league takes note to this type of talk from a head coach and takes appropriate action like telling him that if he doesn't want to be a head coach there are more than enough people willing to take his place. 
That's the kind of talk that would get most people fired from their jobs. But it's the leagues golden team. What's next? He could stand on the 50 yard line and shoot someone and get away with it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote