Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard
(11-13-2018, 01:10 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think we did a good job of upgrading the OL from garbage to average this off-season.  That said, it is still only an average unit and can stand a couple of upgrades.  

Oh we definitely need to look a one stud olineman early in the draft.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn has been a major bust. I feel like the Bills knew what they were doing getting out from under his contract.

There was a play where they pulled Glenn and he was running in front of Mixon. It gained a lot of yards, and there were 2 smaller Saints and instead of getting physical and blocking them, Glenn avoided them and they Tackled Mixon.

Mixon could have had a TD with blocking.

Our offensive line in general is very soft. I know there was a lot of hope for Pollack at the start of the year, but at this point...the line is barely better than last year. Boling has actually regressed at a decent clip too.

The only reason we aren't giving up as many sacks is we run a lot of 3 yard passing plays and screens.

On runs, many times there were no holes where the play was called to go and Mixon made crazy cuts to get outside. The blocking is just terrible.

Until we upgrade those 3 positions, we'll struggle
No stop it, Glenn has been playing decent all year,  The 2 Rams game I watched Big Whit gave some sacks up too. Where was the complaints on Glenn when we was winning so stop it. Our problem besides Mike B and Marvin Lewis is #1 injuries Nervous Aj, Burfict,Croft, Eifert,Dennard,Vigil(who is more important than we think), Gio,Kirkpatrick, Lawson, Ross, Price have missed games or left the game due to injuries, That's half our team, #2 wack coaching same old same ole play calling and classic Marvin get a lead and hold on mentality, Bench Mixon when hes dominating, never blitz, give Gio the 2nd quarter, No adjustment making coaches. #3under performing new contract sighning player, ill effective Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Green dropping passes. #4 under performing rookies and 2nd year players, Ross, Lawson,Hubbard,Willis,Billings. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:00 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree that Glenn hasn’t been great, hopefully Price will have a good career here. The offensive line was my biggest priority heading into next year and it wasn’t even close but after watching this train wreck on defense, a 3 down athletic stud linebacker might be a bigger priority.

I watch every play from the Bengals games and I have hardly seen Glenn as an issue

I think its more that when the team needs a scapegoat  you start at the highest paid or most hyped player first.
Reply/Quote
Frank Pollack has made a HUGE difference coaching the O-Line and polishing some of the Turds we can got off of the scrap heap.

What Trey Hopkins did filling in at center was under appreciated.......you guys need to remember what a train wreck our O-line was last year.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Draft nothing but offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers.

Pick up some receivers and corners in free agency.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 10:36 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Draft nothing but offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers.

Pick up some receivers and corners in free agency.

We need TE’s far more than WR’s or CB’s.

I’d concentrate on OL, LB, TE.

Reply/Quote
Every time I see this post I think we need two turntables and a microphone.

That’s where it’s at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:30 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: No stop it, Glenn has been playing decent all year,  The 2 Rams game I watched Big Whit gave some sacks up too. Where was the complaints on Glenn when we was winning so stop it. Our problem besides Mike B and Marvin Lewis is #1 injuries Nervous Aj, Burfict,Croft, Eifert,Dennard,Vigil(who is more important than we think), Gio,Kirkpatrick, Lawson, Ross, Price have missed games or left the game due to injuries, That's half our team, #2 wack coaching same old same ole play calling and classic Marvin get a lead and hold on mentality, Bench Mixon when hes dominating, never blitz, give Gio the 2nd quarter, No adjustment making coaches. #3under performing new contract sighning player, ill effective Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Green dropping passes. #4 under performing rookies and 2nd year players, Ross, Lawson,Hubbard,Willis,Billings. 

Glenn rates at 60.7 on PFF. That's the #57 ranked Tackle in the NFL.

Hart rates at 55.3. That's the #66 ranked Tackle in the NFL.

That means there are 56 Tackles in the NFL that rate better than Glenn. That's not better. Plus, I bet a lot of them don't make $10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:35 AM)corpjet Wrote: Frank Pollack has made a HUGE difference coaching the O-Line and polishing some of the Turds we can got off of the scrap heap.

What Trey Hopkins did filling in at center was under appreciated.......you guys need to remember what a train wreck our O-line was last year.

Guys like Boling are also much worse this year than they were last year. Boling rated in the 70's and 80's last year. This year, he rates at 62.9.

The big difference with the line isn't Pollack. It's Lazor. They get the ball out extremely quick and run a ton of 3 yard plays. The NFL has figured this out and is shutting us down now...especially without Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We need TE’s far more than WR’s or CB’s.

I’d concentrate on OL, LB, TE.

Absolutely! Eifert's injury destroyed our offense.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need RT, RG, LB, and TE. The likelihood of hitting on all of those in the draft is very miniscule. The Bengals will need to bring in at least 1-2 quality players in FA to help fill those gaps. We know their ability to find good mid-to-late-round OTs and LBs has been bad, so they likely need to address those positions first in the draft.

If they can somehow pull in a good TE and RT in FA, it would open up the draft a ton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let’s just stop using PFF as a barometer of player quality. We’ve all seen in the past their ratings are suspect, and especially when they rate linemen.

On the Offense we need to finish the rebuild - we knew this was a wok in progress. We also NEED to get a good, playmaking TE as Eifert is through. On the defense we need reinforcements at LB and at Safety.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Batse is an upcoming superstar and Williams is a solid player. Stop making shit up.

Im not making shit up, I watch the games.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:16 PM)2slick Wrote: Im not making shit up, I watch the games.

Appearently you don't
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals need RT, RG, LB, and TE. The likelihood of hitting on all of those in the draft is very miniscule. The Bengals will need to bring in at least 1-2 quality players in FA to help fill those gaps. We know their ability to find good mid-to-late-round OTs and LBs has been bad, so they likely need to address those positions first in the draft.

If they can somehow pull in a good TE and RT in FA, it would open up the draft a ton.

The problem is there are no good TEs or RT in free agency. Reality is we will have to trade a player or two to get more picks. I am thinking Boyd and Vontaz but I am not sure what value you they would bring.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 04:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The problem is there are no good TEs or RT in free agency. Reality is we will have to trade a player or two to get more picks. I am thinking Boyd and Vontaz but I am not sure what value you they would bring.

This is absolutely false.

RTs - Rob Havenstein (top-end RT), Daryl Williams (good RT that should be less expensive than Havenstein)
TEs - Jared Cook
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 05:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is absolutely false.

RTs - Rob Havenstein (top-end RT), Daryl Williams (good RT that should be less expensive than Havenstein)
TEs - Jared Cook

What he meant to say was there no no good free agents that will come here for well under market value.

There has been a serious shortage of good OL league wide for years, hence the price for guards and centers now. Which is why we should have signed Whit and Zietler. The two OL picked in the 2015 was a great concept, just picked the wrong guys. That failure should have been recognized earlier and the team should have gone to plan B - sign Whit and Zietler. 

There are always ways to get good players - draft, trades, free agency. But you have to be willing to pay the price and be a bit bold. 

As Captain Phil Harris once said on Deadliest Catch - "You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what the f**k just happened". At best, Mikey watches things happen. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 05:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is absolutely false.

TEs - Jared Cook

Havenstein signed an extension in Augus and Williams is coming of an injury. Cook will be 32 so he is not a long term answer at TE.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 06:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Havenstein signed an extension in Augus and Williams is coming of an injury. Cook will be 32 so he is not a long term answer at TE.

I didn’t see Havenstein got extended. That’s unfortunate. And I understand the other two, but they are better than potentially needing to get four immediate good contributors in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 04:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The problem is there are no good TEs or RT in free agency. Reality is we will have to trade a player or two to get more picks. I am thinking Boyd and Vontaz but I am not sure what value you they would bring.

Hell no to trading Boyd.

Reply/Quote