Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need 2 new Tackles and a Guard
You don't trade Boyd. Green is like 30 years old. Boyd is like 23. Boyd is the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't trade Boyd. Green is like 30 years old. Boyd is like 23. Boyd is the future.

And he  hasn't even peaked yet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell no to trading Boyd.

It's going to be between Boyd and Green can't pay them both.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't trade Boyd. Green is like 30 years old. Boyd is like 23. Boyd is the future.

He is also a pure slot WR who can't beat you deep. Truth is Erickson can do similar things in the slot at a much cheaper price. Boyd is going to cost 15 to 17 million he isn't worth that. You trade him now you could get a high 2nd. Also Green has 3 to 4 years left and his best position is in the slot as well but the difference is Green has deep threats ability while Boyd is more of a pure slot. I am keeping Green over him. I would go after Tyrell Williams in the off season to off set the loss of Boyd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:34 PM)2slick Wrote: Bates is not great and Williams is just plain bad. Neither can open field tackle. 

What are you talking about?  Bates is going to be a star.  Have you actually watched him in games?  He tackles much better than advertised, and his instincts and speed will make him elite, once his experience grows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 04:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The problem is there are no good TEs or RT in free agency. Reality is we will have to trade a player or two to get more picks. I am thinking Boyd and Vontaz but I am not sure what value you they would bring.

I can't agree with trading Boyd, he's a really good player that is still on his rookie deal.  Vontaze?  I'm not so sure that he would gather that much on the trade market, when you consider his history of concussions and suspensions.  

Honestly, I think the best trade bait on this team are AJ Green, Gio Bernard, and Darqueze Dennard.  However, if you're going to trade any of those guys, you better have a really good plan on how you're going to fill those holes left behind.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 08:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's going to be between Boyd and Green can't pay them both.

Why not? They have cap space and many moves could be made to free up more
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
We have the cap space to keep both and need to keep them both. TE we could have traded for but oh well - we need to draft one in Eifert's mold.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 08:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's going to be between Boyd and Green can't pay them both.

People said the same about Geno and Dunlap.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell no to trading Boyd.

This.

For a team built on finding talent in the draft and retaining them if they develop with 2nd contracts , why on earth would you punish yourself for a draft pick having success by trading that asset away??

Core, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Tate, Kumerow, Alford....we have looked at many options to be a running mate with AJ and when we finally find him in Boyd people suggest moving him on!

See no reason why you cannot keep both. 
Reply/Quote
Glenn has been fine.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People said the same about Geno and Dunlap.

Green will be 32 when he hits free agency. Why would the Bengals not focus on Boyd at that point?

Green will either want to stay here, or he'll leave to chase a ring.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn has been a major bust. I feel like the Bills knew what they were doing getting out from under his contract.

There was a play where they pulled Glenn and he was running in front of Mixon. It gained a lot of yards, and there were 2 smaller Saints and instead of getting physical and blocking them, Glenn avoided them and they Tackled Mixon.

Mixon could have had a TD with blocking.

Our offensive line in general is very soft. I know there was a lot of hope for Pollack at the start of the year, but at this point...the line is barely better than last year. Boling has actually regressed at a decent clip too.

The only reason we aren't giving up as many sacks is we run a lot of 3 yard passing plays and screens.

On runs, many times there were no holes where the play was called to go and Mixon made crazy cuts to get outside. The blocking is just terrible.

Until we upgrade those 3 positions, we'll struggle.

I agree that besides Center and LG we need to pretty much blow up this line and start over if this does not
get better. I remember the play you are talking about, no excuse for Glenn not to pancake that dude with his
size. I also agree with McC that Glenn might be much better at RT where he seems to fit better.

We need atleast a good LT and a RG for Pollack to work with that is for damn sure.

Hart and Redmond are not the answer either.
Reply/Quote
Glenn is not the problem.

It would be nice if people would remember that we knew going in that it would take more than one offseason to get the OL sorted out. We still need a legit RT and RG and Price only just came back, so we had a backup Center most of the season. I'm teetering on making LG a concern area too as Boiling has not looked that good this season.

Our big problem is that we need three offensive linemen and also a Safety and 2 LBs. No way to get all that in one draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Glenn is not the problem.

It would be nice if people would remember that we knew going in that it would take more than one offseason to get the OL sorted out. We still need a legit RT and RG and Price only just came back, so we had a backup Center most of the season. I'm teetering on making LG a concern area too as Boiling has not looked that good this season.

Our big problem is that we need three offensive linemen and also a Safety and 2 LBs. No way to get all that in one draft.

To be clear, it would take the Bengals more than one year to fix the OL. Many other teams have or would attempt to do it in one year. The only reason we did not is because we chose not to.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree that besides Center and LG we need to pretty much blow up this line and start over if this does not
get better. I remember the play you are talking about, no excuse for Glenn not to pancake that dude with his
size. I also agree with McC that Glenn might be much better at RT where he seems to fit better.

We need atleast a good LT and a RG for Pollack to work with that is for damn sure.

Hart and Redmond are not the answer either.

It was disgusting to watch at the stadium. Mixon should have had a long TD with any block.

Even if Glenn just pushed the guy Mixon probably scores.

Total disappointment so far.
Reply/Quote
And at least 3 linebackers
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Glenn is not the problem.

We're lucky if we get 2 guys who can start Day 1 from a draft. Sometimes we don't even get 1.

We need to sign free agent lineman to improve it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 01:42 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: And at least 3 linebackers

I'd sign a Kwon Alexander or Denzel Perryman at LB. At minimum.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 01:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd sign a Kwon Alexander or Denzel Perryman at LB. At minimum.
Kwon would be a good off season pick up and same with Denzel even tho i think he just got put on injured reserve for a ankle or knee injury. But even if we sign one of them we’d still need to draft one or two early.

As for now Navarro Bowman isn’t the same guy he use to be but why not give him a workout. Or talk to Jerrell Freeman i know he’s coming off an injury and reportedly retired but try to kick the tires on him. Neither of these guys are solutions by any means but shit all we need is 6-10 games from them and they seriously can’t be any worse then what we have.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote