Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need thugs on this team!
Bengals need on-the-field intimidators, not off-the-field thugs. Steelers' long line of instigators mostly known for their on-field transgressions (James Harrison, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Shazier, etc.), not off-field problems ala PacMan, Mixon, Thurman, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:37 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Bengals need on-the-field intimidators, not off-the-field thugs.  Steelers' long line of instigators mostly known for their on-field transgressions (James Harrison, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Shazier, etc.), not off-field problems ala PacMan, Mixon, Thurman, etc.

Again, why do I care what they do off the field? They are not my friends and I don't a hang out with them. I don't go to the same places they do - nor do I get impressed by their cars, houses etc. I would however be impressed with rings. Super Bowl rings. We need to start playing to win and you just cant do that without guys like this. I bet if you ask Huber, Gio, Palmer and Keith rivers about their cheap shots, I feel they would all agree. We need some bad hombres on our team.

When we lost to the steelers in the playoff game, those who were watching the game while posting in the game day thread felt an enormous hate. There was a strong sense of "who cares if we ever beat Pittsburg again, we should play to hurt them and end their season. It was there, it was strong.

Don't let go of the hate. Bengal lives matter!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Again, why do I care what they do off the field? They are not my friends and I don't a hang out with them. I don't go to the same places they do - nor do I get impressed by their cars, houses etc. I would however be impressed with rings. Super Bowl rings. We need to start playing to win and you just cant do that without guys like this. I bet if you ask Huber, Gio, Palmer and Keith rivers about their cheap shots, I feel they would all agree. We need some bad hombres on our team.

When we lost to the steelers in the playoff game, those who were watching the game while posting in the game day thread felt an enormous hate. There was a strong sense of "who cares if we ever beat Pittsburg again, we should play to hurt them and end their season. It was there, it was strong.

Don't let go of the hate. Bengal lives matter!

It's all personal preference about whether fans care about players' off-the-field issues.  Personally, I'm not asking for choirboys but I'd rather not be rooting for felons either. 

Point I making though is that you can be a "bad hombre" based solely on your on-the-field play without being a dumbass off the field.  It's not a mutually exclusive thing.  It's why I don't have a problem with Burfict as his transgressions are losing his cool during games. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:37 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Bengals need on-the-field intimidators, not off-the-field thugs.  Steelers' long line of instigators mostly known for their on-field transgressions (James Harrison, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Shazier, etc.), not off-field problems ala PacMan, Mixon, Thurman, etc.

Because giving opponents concussions on a constant basis is somehow better?

The Bengals don't NEED on-field intimidators, they don't NEED thugs, they need great players that can win a championship. At the end of the day, no one remembers how you won, just that you won.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Because giving opponents concussions on a constant basis is somehow better?

The Bengals don't NEED on-field intimidators, they don't NEED thugs, they need great players that can win a championship. At the end of the day, no one remembers how you won, just that you won.

But you do remember how you lost!

Reply/Quote

The Steelers have had their fair share of off field issues.....Pig Pen raping college chicks, Jerry Porter assaulting and robbing Levi Jones, LeVeon and Lagarrette blazing up, Martavis Bryant, the whole 70's steroids thing, AND....it's important to note, that the Allegheny Co. Sheriff's Dept. staffs the Steeler's "security team".  I'm sure nothing has ever been swept under the rug in Pittsburgh. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Steelers have had their fair share of off field issues.....Pig Pen raping college chicks, Jerry Porter assaulting and robbing Levi Jones, LeVeon and Lagarrette blazing up, Martavis Bryant, the whole 70's steroids thing, AND....it's important to note, that the Allegheny Co. Sheriff's Dept. staffs the Steeler's "security team".  I'm sure nothing has ever been swept under the rug in Pittsburgh. Mellow

Locker room mafia type shit. How do you defend that with having a girl scout type team? Our team has been horrid. We have to change direction and start punching people in the throat.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Steelers have had their fair share of off field issues.....Pig Pen raping college chicks, Jerry Porter assaulting and robbing Levi Jones, LeVeon and Lagarrette blazing up, Martavis Bryant, the whole 70's steroids thing, AND....it's important to note, that the Allegheny Co. Sheriff's Dept. staffs the Steeler's "security team".  I'm sure nothing has ever been swept under the rug in Pittsburgh. Mellow

You know it Wyche. But these bastids are treated like royalty around the league. Especially the Pig.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it Wyche. But these bastids are treated like royalty around the league. Especially the Pig.

I really dislike that friggin guy. Well, unless I have him on my fantasy team. Play to win and hate it! He will decline rapidly at this point in his career. Lets hope Pitt hangs onto him too long.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But you do remember how you lost!

Not me, I forget stuff all the time!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

This just in from Pittsburgh....

[Image: 6b833f54af736478c8db65259adb4a1a_theres-...00-582.png]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Exactly! The Steelers hit hard and play hard.

Burfict plays hard on the field. Atkins does. Unfortunately some of our guys would rather trash talk with opponents than deliver a hard hit.

You rarely see Harrison trash talking.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Exactly! The Steelers hit hard and play hard.

Burfict plays hard on the field. Atkins does. Unfortunately some of our guys would rather trash talk with opponents than deliver a hard hit.

You rarely see Harrison trash talking.

Anytime the Bengals deliver a hard hit, it's flagged.
See Burfict, Iloka, Nelson a few years ago, etc.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I really dislike that friggin guy. Well, unless I have him on my fantasy team. Play to win and hate it! He will decline rapidly at this point in his career. Lets hope Pitt hangs onto him too long.

Or, just hope that he holds onto the ball too long, when Carl Lawson comes calling.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, just hope that he holds onto the ball too long, when Carl Lawson comes calling.

Getting to Ben hasn't always been an issue...  getting Ben off his feet is an issue I'm excited to see what Lawson can do
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 03:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Getting to Ben hasn't always been an issue...  getting Ben off his feet is an issue I'm excited to see what Lawson can do

Just give Ben the same thing he gives his female companions and he'll be off his feet in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's because our head coach is a canoe. I'f Marvin had 1/10th of Joey Porter in him, he could be brilliant. Marvin lacks balls. He reminds me of the recovering alcoholic who had no confidence in the movie "Hoosiers." Joey Porter intervened in our playoff loss to Pittsburgh and cost us the game. Don't think he didn't study and know what his last ditch effort could be in causing a Bengals defense meltdown? They won the game, he paid a very small fine which was probably reimbursed from the team. Good Lord man! Pittsburg is relentless and I tell you they study all aspects of the competition. You think they just watch game film of players all week? They know our weak spots and how to exploit them.

This is part of the Rooney tradition.   He's not just competitive, he's smart and thinks outside the box.  And when things get tough the Steelers step it up.

The good teams are smart and mentally tough.   They get tougher and smarter as the game goes along.  That's what I want to see.  It's one of the reasons I don't think we should get rid of Erickson.  He's smart and mentally tough.  Minter also sounds like that kind of player.  The more of these guys we have the better.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 01:52 PM)3wt Wrote: This is part of the Rooney tradition.   He's not just competitive, he's smart and thinks outside the box.  And when things get tough the Steelers step it up.

The good teams are smart and mentally tough.   They get tougher and smarter as the game goes along.  That's what I want to see.  It's one of the reasons I don't think we should get rid of Erickson.  He's smart and mentally tough.  Minter also sounds like that kind of player.  The more of these guys we have the better.

Yes - outside the box thinking is also what is needed. We fail to make adjustments during a game and play the same frigging gameplan all game long. My point is also that we need bad hombres to keep it honest. Eye for an eye type shit. Makes a team or player think twice about taking out one of your stars, because if they do? There are guys are going to retaliate on your guys and things will get ugly (mush like its been the last few years).

As a promotional stunt, the next Bengal Steeler game should be surrounded by prison guards. LOL.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 02:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:
Yes - outside the box thinking is also what is needed. We fail to make adjustments during a game and play the same frigging gameplan all game long.
My point is also that we need bad hombres to keep it honest. Eye for an eye type shit. Makes a team or player think twice about taking out one of your stars, because if they do? There are guys are going to retaliate on your guys and things will get ugly (mush like its been the last few years).

As a promotional stunt, the next Bengal Steeler game should be surrounded by prison guards. LOL.

We had that here, until Mike Brown ran him off..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We had that here, until Mike Brown ran him off..

Your talking about Sam?

Reply/Quote