Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need thugs on this team!
(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your talking about Sam?

Absolutely!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Disagree. I think we need players with that mean streak, but are also smart so they aren't flagged as much.

Adam and Burfict are flagged a lot. Some of it you can let go because they are playing hard. Some of it is really just stupid and hurts the team.

Smart football man. Hit'em hard, hit'em legal, no UR penalties and you're just a hard hitting defense, not considered the dirtiest team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Agree I know a lot will say we don't wanna be the steelers..

But looking at their success record.. we want to be like the Steelers.    Smash and punch and trip and karate kick our way to the top

Minus the sexual assaulting of course.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:28 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Minus the sexual assaulting of course.

For sure Crimson, Adam needs to go...
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We had that here, until Mike Brown ran him off..

(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your talking about Sam?

Been a long damn time since good old Wyche.

Glad we got the poster here atleast... :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They have had tons of players that are troubled too and the media ignores it for the most part.

While we get labeled as the Bungles that only draft troubled players, we are the worst according to the media but
in reality the Steelers and even the Patriots have been just as bad. Joey Porter is a scumbag, always has been, dude
assaulted Levi Jones in Vegas one time with a few other dudes to back him up.

Aaron Hernandez killed people, Ray Lewis on the Ravens yet has been spoken of as the greatest LB'er every.

If Ray Lewis was on the Bengals he would of not gotten this praise.

Adam Jones is my main problem right now, we need to cut this guy.
Although I do love the fact that Mike Brown believes in second chances, Adam Jones keeps dragging down the reputation of the team and doesn't seem to show any appreciation for those second chances.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 07:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Although I do love the fact that Mike Brown believes in second chances, Adam Jones keeps dragging down the reputation of the team and doesn't seem to show any appreciation for those second chances.

TBH - I am unsure why the NFL gets involved in these things to begin with. What a player does in his off time should be his business, not the NFL's. When a team and the league get involved, it brings down the reputation of everyone. If you leave that shit to the courts and stay out of it, then you don't take such a hit on your reputation.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 07:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Although I do love the fact that Mike Brown believes in second chances, Adam Jones keeps dragging down the reputation of the team and doesn't seem to show any appreciation for those second chances.

Second chances are great and i am all for them, even third chances, but with Adam it is like his 14th damn chance. Mellow

(05-19-2017, 09:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: TBH - I am unsure why the NFL gets involved in these things to begin with. What a player does in his off time should be his business, not the NFL's. When a team and the league get involved, it brings down the reputation of everyone. If you leave that shit to the courts and stay out of it, then you don't take such a hit on your reputation.

I think the team should be involved as it is their player and the owner pays the guy but with Goodell it has definately
gotten out of hand. His inconsistency on punishing players is beyond comprehension, so much bias for certain players
whether for or against it is crazy. If the NFL is going to do it, which they will, they need to atleast be consistent.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: TBH - I am unsure why the NFL gets involved in these things to begin with. What a player does in his off time should be his business, not the NFL's. When a team and the league get involved, it brings down the reputation of everyone. If you leave that shit to the courts and stay out of it, then you don't take such a hit on your reputation.

That would only work if the media didn't jump all over it.  The NFL has to respond to the negative publicity.  
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 07:47 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That would only work if the media didn't jump all over it.  The NFL has to respond to the negative publicity.  

I disagree. I seriously doubt anyone would stop watching football or that players would decide they don't want to grow up and play in the NFL. However, there is a chance companies would not want to advertise during NFL games therefor driving down television revenues. But then again, most of the commercials are alcohol and trucks (explain that combination) and I doubt alcohol would stop advertising over off field issues when generally, their product is the root cause to bad off field decision making anyway?

Our platform is football. Now if it was "Dancing with the stars?" It would be an entirely different stage.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Second chances are great and i am all for them, even third chances, but with Adam it is like his 14th damn chance. Mellow

Right on. There is no good logical reason for Pacman to still be on this team. He is about 40% of the reason why the media still labels us a "thug team". He's had way too many chances, his play has dropped off and he just has this nasty aura about him that is very off putting. The only reason he is still here is because he tugged on the heart strings of our ridiculous owner. Mike has a deep affection for Pacman and his daughter that all but assures Pacman has a roster spot as long as he wants it. People that call Mike Brown a great businessman are nuts. Most good businessman know how to seperate close friendships from employees. Mike clearly doesn't get that. And it's a damn shame because if anybody, player or coach, figures out how to pony up to Mike's soft heart, they'll be set for life. In fact, I can think of a couple of coaches who have done just that...
Reply/Quote
I don't think we need "thugs" on this team. We need players who don't back down, who play to the whistle. The thing I love most about Burfict is he plays sideline to sideline with wreckless abandon. You can tell he eats, breathes, and sleeps FOOTBALL. We need guys like THAT!

Guys like Adam Jones, who if he doesn't get his shit in order, have no place on this team. We need disciplined players with some fire to them. Not hotheads who help lose us playoff games who go out and make fools of themselves and the organization because they can't handle the sauce.

Peko was a nice guy ON the field and OFF the field. But I remember him running onto the field in that playoff game for no good reason. I can't remember if we got penalized for that, but even if we didn't, that type of stuff can't happen. Show some discipline for crying out loud..you're a professional! Act like you've been there before, shut your mouth, play your game, handle yourself in a professional manner.

Do I want a team full of push-overs and cowards? No way! But the best way to show another team up...is win. And win by being a pro, not a punk! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 11:17 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Right on. There is no good logical reason for Pacman to still be on this team. He is about 40% of the reason why the media still labels us a "thug team". He's had way too many chances, his play has dropped off and he just has this nasty aura about him that is very off putting. The only reason he is still here is because he tugged on the heart strings of our ridiculous owner. Mike has a deep affection for Pacman and his daughter that all but assures Pacman has a roster spot as long as he wants it. People that call Mike Brown a great businessman are nuts. Most good businessman know how to seperate close friendships from employees. Mike clearly doesn't get that. And it's a damn shame because if anybody, player or coach, figures out how to pony up to Mike's soft heart, they'll be set for life. In fact, I can think of a couple of coaches who have done just that...

Marv and PA no doubt Pat, so true.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 03:49 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don't think we need "thugs" on this team. We need players who don't back down, who play to the whistle. The thing I love most about Burfict is he plays sideline to sideline with wreckless abandon. You can tell he eats, breathes, and sleeps FOOTBALL. We need guys like THAT!

Guys like Adam Jones, who if he doesn't get his shit in order, have no place on this team. We need disciplined players with some fire to them. Not hotheads who help lose us playoff games who go out and make fools of themselves and the organization because they can't handle the sauce.

Peko was a nice guy ON the field and OFF the field. But I remember him running onto the field in that playoff game for no good reason. I can't remember if we got penalized for that, but even if we didn't, that type of stuff can't happen. Show some discipline for crying out loud..you're a professional! Act like you've been there before, shut your mouth, play your game, handle yourself in a professional manner.

Do I want a team full of push-overs and cowards? No way! But the best way to show another team up...is win. And win by being a pro, not a punk!   Who Dey

Peko did get us penalized for that BTW.

We need smart bullies is what we need. Mean sumbitches that know when to be mean.

Willis, Lawson and Glagow are nice additions.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but Pittsburg doesn't have thugs on their team, they have players who know they can get away with stuff on the field because of money made by the league and the players take advantage of it.

The Bengals don't need thugs on the field, they need good players who execute the plays and a coach that isn't bad.
Reply/Quote