Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
We're Officially In A Recession
(07-28-2022, 06:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well those are the same folks who bought into alternate facts and figured they knew more about epidemiologist.

Well, the issue I have is that regardless of Trump being the right or wrong decision compared to Hillary or Biden, the idea that choosing him was the less emotion-based one is hard to swallow.  Sit down a Trump voter and a Biden voter and tell them to explain their choice and see which one resorts to "I feel..." statements first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder if Biden can get his followers to send him $250 million to fight the recession lie.

That would require him to have followers. Biden voters aren't cult members, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 08:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That would require him to have followers. Biden voters aren't cult members, though.

That's the funny thing about acting like Biden voters are the emotional ones.  Biden and Trump both have/had terrible approval ratings and were wildly unpopular.

Trump voters - Approval ratings are nonsense.  Polls are nonsense.  Trump is the face of our party, there is no way he can lose a legitimate election.

Biden voters - Holy crap, please don't let this guy run in 2024.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: sigh

Alright...bad post on my part
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 07:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That translates into you can't backup your bullshit claims and personal attacks on me.

You could have just used one line instead of four.

And you're still ignoring how you're talking about the house falling from within but your boy tried to over turn an election.

Must be all those hurt feelings you got for backing a losing horse.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the issue I have is that regardless of Trump being the right or wrong decision compared to Hillary or Biden, the idea that choosing him was the less emotion-based one is hard to swallow.  Sit down a Trump voter and a Biden voter and tell them to explain their choice and see which one resorts to "I feel..." statements first.

The last two elections have been a choice between a shit sandwich and a soggy shit sandwich.

Though you do pose an interesting experiment. I'm going to have to try it next week at work.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And you're still ignoring how you're talking about the house falling from within but your boy tried to over turn an election.

Must be all those hurt feelings you got for backing a losing horse.

You really think that Trump thought a crowd of people could overthrow the government?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You really think that Trump thought a crowd of people could overthrow the government?

No - I think they thought they could and he did everything in his power to delay a response by parties whose job it is to handle such behavior. I also know that he called several election officials in key swing states and asked them to 'find' (read: make up) enough votes to swing the vote in his favor. I know that because there's a god damned recording of it.

Or are we forgetting (read: ignoring) all of those established facts? And by we I clearly mean YOU and I only ask because it amuses me to watch you come up with every excuse you can to claim to love your country while actively rooting for it to be torn down because you bought into the cult.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: No - I think they thought they could and he did everything in his power to delay a response by parties whose job it is to handle such behavior. I also know that he called several election officials in key swing states and asked them to 'find' (read: make up) enough votes to swing the vote in his favor. I know that because there's a god damned recording of it.

Or are we forgetting (read: ignoring) all of those established facts? And by we I clearly mean YOU and I only ask because it amuses me to watch you come up with every excuse you can to claim to love your country while actively rooting for it to be torn down because you bought into the cult.

This post shows exactly how clueless you are.

The crowd was emotional but you seriously think they thought they could overthrow the government of the United States?

If that were true, then why'd they just stop once they got inside the Capitol? Why didn't they start taking hostages and making demands?

What was their plan if you're convinced they thought they could overthrow the government?
Reply/Quote
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GDP

A recession under a Democrat? That's pretty rare. The above link provided by basballguy in another thread shows all of the recessions since World War II. It's amazing how many recessions follow Republican Tax Cuts. Or am I just reacting off of emotions when I see those grey areas indicating recessions in the link? I'm sure all of the idio . . . I mean . . . all of my fellow American citizens blaming anything they can on Biden will notice how many recessions come under Republican Presidents and re-think their politics or at least find something else to whine and cry about.

HA!

Just kidding. All that facts appear to do to you is make you change the subject or ignore the thread until it dies a natural death.

What was Trump's initial response to the pandemic? Re-instate the pandemic response team he disbanded? Ramp up PPE for hospital staff? Tell people the truth about coronavirus? Nope. A Tax Cut proposal. In March. Over a month after he told Bob Woodward that he knew it was airborne.
Quote:"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

Lockdown was five days after this. He knew facts about the virus that he hid from the public. 

'I'm sure his mishandling of the virus, and the complicity of his fellow Republicans, had nothing to do with our current shituation and all of it is the fault of the policies of Democrats. I don't have any facts to prove this . . . I just know it.'

That's how you sound.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
We know a politician is lying when their lips are moving. lol We are in a recession, but just like everything else the economy cycles. I went through the 70's recession and basically you need to buckle down a few years until it ends.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:30 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GDP

A recession under a Democrat? That's pretty rare. The above link provided by basballguy in another thread shows all of the recessions since World War II. It's amazing how many recessions follow Republican Tax Cuts. Or am I just reacting off of emotions when I see those grey areas indicating recessions in the link? I'm sure all of the idio . . . I mean . . . all of my fellow American citizens blaming anything they can on Biden will notice how many recessions come under Republican Presidents and re-think their politics or at least find something else to whine and cry about.

'I'm sure his mishandling of the virus, and the complicity of his fellow Republicans, had nothing to do with our current shituation and all of it is the fault of the policies of Democrats. I don't have any facts to prove this . . . I just know it.'

That's how you sound.

Haha, I was wondering if you'd pop up in this thread.  

This recession is a failure of the world governments (including Biden and Trump)...though Trump did push back on the ideas of shutdowns and stimulus.  :)

You can't shutdown the economy, keep interest rates low, and print money all at the same time (really lol none of them should ever happen)....and think we wouldn't end up in this place.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Name a time I’ve swung a rage boner around based on emotion at something important and just ignored the facts.

How about 9 out of 10 posts you start in this forum, which you usually link to highly conservative and biased websites.  The phrase "rage boner" has your picture beside it in the urban dictionary.

I mean because you're  brainwashed, you won't see it that way, but that doesn't change the fact that even most strong conservatives on this site don't agree with your outrage over essentially anything you post here.  You'd think you'd get a clue, that even the staunchest of conservatives here tell you that you are out of touch or just don't agree with you.

Oh and Biden sucks, but Trump is an insane, self centered delusional criminal.  Let's hope neither win their parties nominations.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:35 PM)basballguy Wrote: You can't shutdown the economy, keep interest rates low, and print money all at the same time (really lol none of them should ever happen)....and think we wouldn't end up in this place.  

That's not going to stop idiots from blaming this 100% on Biden.

And Trump's pushback on the stimulus was because he wanted $2,000 instead of $1,400. 

Giving money to the working man puts that money right back into the economy. Giving tax cuts to the rich? They just throw it onto their pile in a bank and remove it from the economy. But I'm sure that has no repercussions, right?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This post shows exactly how clueless you are.

The crowd was emotional but you seriously think they thought they could overthrow the government of the United States?

If that were true, then why'd they just stop once they got inside the Capitol? Why didn't they start taking hostages and making demands?

What was their plan if you're convinced they thought they could overthrow the government?

I didn't say I think they could do it - I said they thought they could do it, spurred on by the words of the sitting president at the time. Whether you feel they were spurred on by him is irrelevant - most of the assholes who have been caught have flat out admitted as much.

And you're STILL ignoring how YOUR GUY was literally caught red handed trying to overturn the election.

I've heard of people only hearing what they want to hear, but to do it with printed word is simply AMAZING.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We know a politician is lying when their lips are moving. lol We are in a recession, but just like everything else the economy cycles. I went through the 70's recession and basically you need to buckle down a few years until it ends.

Between cats and this post, I'm glad we can agree on a few things.
Reply/Quote
Funny. Earnings reports are being released yesterday and today for the biggest names in oil. Exxon Chevron, Shell, Totalenergies.

Record profits. I’m totally shocked. Actually I’m not.

And the fed aggressively raising the interests rates has absolutely crushed the housing market.

Meanwhile. Dems are paying down the deficit, investing in infrastructure, investing in renewable energy, and bringing something as crucial as chip manufacturing back to the states.

Republicans. Obstruct, screw over veterans, and help no one…. While trying to impose their religious beliefs on everyone.

Open your eyes
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 10:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Funny. Earnings reports are being released yesterday and today for the biggest names in oil. Exxon Chevron, Shell, Totalenergies.

Record profits. I’m totally shocked. Actually I’m not.

I googled corporate profits and one of the first articles that came up was about how record corporate profits in Australia are affecting their inflation.  Does Biden have an Aussie cousin who is running that place, or something? 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 01:07 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's not going to stop idiots from blaming this 100% on Biden.

Where you born yesterday?  The current POTUS has always, literally always, been blamed for the current state of the economy.  Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it isn't.  Biden and his team trying to redefine what a recession is doesn't speak well for him in this regard.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Where you born yesterday?  The current POTUS has always, literally always, been blamed for the current state of the economy.  Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it isn't.  Biden and his team trying to redefine what a recession is doesn't speak well for him in this regard.

I mean, that also isn't anything new. When unemployment rates were on the rise we had people in office pointing to it and those opposed saying "yeah, but look at that other figure that isn't the official one but makes it look worse!" We've also always had administrations resist using the word until it was unavoidable, finding ways to skirt around it. Doesn't matter the party, they always try to. Did we ever hear the Trump administration admit to a recession during their time? It happened, but I don't recall ever hearing the administration say anything about it. It's not at all uncommon and trying to say otherwise is really just trying to make something out of nothing. But that is the common theme in American politics, so it is what it is.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote