Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
We're Officially In A Recession
(08-02-2022, 10:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But no one here wants to work, damn it!  We've already got too many jobs!  I'd put the ninja here, but meh....maybe I'm not being sarcastic.  Who wants to break your back to live paycheck to paycheck when you could starve equally well while trying to be the next tik tok star?
Move to a country still buying lots of Chinese crap.. While it's still available. 
The reason for too many jobs? Pretty simple really.  The largest segment of the labor force in American history is retiring and the rest of you will never have to sweat trying to scramble to look for jobs again once the dust settles. I certainly remember the 70's and 80's when the jobs disappeared to China. 
Dayton used to be an industrial power house when I was a kid. When I came of age it all started to disappear. I'm one of the youngest boomers, born in 1969.. The United States demographic makeup is in GREAT SHAPE compared to nearly every other industrialized nation of earth and we have among the greatest geography on the planet.. You kiddies will be sitting pretty. 
We're the world's largest net exporters of energy. We have two GIANT motes to prevent invasion, the most advanced military on this planet bar none, the best, most experienced navy and air force AND YOU STILL WANT TO ***** (WHINE) ABOUT IT!  LOL 
Being a US citizen is like getting shot through space with a not very accurate gun and landing on the ONLY place where things aren't going to go to sh*t in the next few decades. You should be on your hands and knees every day and thanking your lucky stars!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I point to them when it comes to inflation because it all starts there, at least this time. They raise the price and make record profits and every piece of the supply chain gets more expensive and the consumer gets walloped. I’m not expecting immediate action. I’ve known pumping stuff out of the ground and burning it and dumping the waste into our atmosphere is bad for a long time. They have known longer than me.

And to me the timing doesn’t look accidental. Big oil lost money in 2020. Then a new prez takes over. One that didn’t name a big oil CEO as Secretary of State like Rex Tillerson. And like big powerful companies do they wield their power to get politicians helpful to their business back in power. Hence the price hikes.

What's their margin?  Is it consistent?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 10:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Move to a country still buying lots of Chinese crap.. While it's still available. 
The reason for too many jobs? Pretty simple really.  The largest segment of the labor force in American history is retiring and the rest of you will never have to sweat trying to scramble to look for jobs again once the dust settles. I certainly remember the 70's and 80's when the jobs disappeared to China. 
Dayton used to be an industrial power house when I was a kid. When I came of age it all started to disappear. I'm one of the youngest boomers, born in 1969.. The United States demographic makeup is in GREAT SHAPE compared to nearly every other industrialized nation of earth and we have among the greatest geography on the planet.. You kiddies will be sitting pretty. 
We're the world's largest net exporters of energy. We have two GIANT motes to prevent invasion, the most advanced military on this planet bar none, the best, most experienced navy and air force AND YOU STILL WANT TO ***** (WHINE) ABOUT IT!  LOL 
Being a US citizen is like getting shot through space with a not very accurate gun and landing on the ONLY place where things aren't going to go to sh*t in the next few decades. You should be on your hands and knees every day and thanking your lucky stars!  

Typo?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Typo?  

I think he meant to put 1869.
Reply/Quote