Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
I'm sure the coaches had takeaways from the game yesterday to work on, and probably #1 for AJ is he needs to get the pass off quicker. It won't be Andy's 2.2 seconds but it has to be faster than it is now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To be fair, I think the Gameday threads where some people are calling a loss in the first quarter of a 0-0 game are the ACTUAL problem with our fan base.

That's a place I dodge for the most part. the game day threads are depressing  Sad
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fair enough. I'll try to remain optimistic. 

Just reaaally nervous XD.

Another thing to note is that if the Broncos lose this game, they are basically falling down to the wild card. With a loss, they fall to 10-5. And with KC streaking, and hold some tie breakers over Denver, if KC wins their final two games, they'd win the AFC West.

So add some additional motivation for Denver to beat us. They could lose pretty much everything with that loss. Then, if they lose to San Diego (a division rival who does have an explosive offense), they'd be out of the playoffs entirely, if NYJ can win one more game.

Definately a monster game, i hope our O-line comes to play cause that front is good.

That Defense is good. But ours is too, should be a low scoring game and either team could win.

Whoever wants it the most will win it. Toss up for me right now but our O-line needs to play through the whistle,
open up holes in the run game and give McCarron some time. We have all seen our O-line run block well and pass
block well, they just need to finish their blocks. It is not like they cannot do both, they can. They need the will.

Whitworth needs to get the O-line together, fire these bastids up.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:56 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Yes I agree, it's a nickname many wouldn't want.  LOL

I don't blame him for Macaroni, it isn't negative...but did AJ have a nickname at Alabama.....We have a lot of AJ's....Maybe AJ Mac.....Hey, if he gets us to Super Bowl after winning 2 college Championships, maybe we need to call him Mr Championship
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To be fair, I think the Gameday threads where some people are calling a loss in the first quarter of a 0-0 game are the ACTUAL problem with our fan base.

Guilty... But you'll never see me come on here and complain about a win. Ill take the win and run with it.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:20 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: AJ didn't cost us the game, thats all you can ask out of his first start.

This is exactly right.  He played pretty smart ball the whole game.  That's what you need from a guy making his first start.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is exactly right.  He played pretty smart ball the whole game.  That's what you need from a guy making his first start.

Judging from the comments of a few, it sounds like he was expected to come out guns ablazing and set the world on fire.

I was happy he just didn't flub it up. He was calm, accurate, and didn't get rattled.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We just have to survive to the playoffs.

We aren't beating Denver next week though. We'll be the 3rd seed or the 5th seed, depending on how we play against Baltimore.

Honestly, I think it's anyone's game.  Our secondary shouldn't get torched like Shitsburgh's did, and as long as we can score a little, it might be all we need.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Judging from the comments of a few, it sounds like he was expected to come out guns ablazing and set the world on fire.

I was happy he just didn't flub it up. He was calm, accurate, and didn't get rattled.

I agree 100%.  Sure the O was a little sluggish, but AJM played EXACTLY like I wanted to see him play.  As long as he doesn't turn it over time after time and "stays out of the way", that's all you can ask from him.  Anything above that is a welcomed bonus.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fan base. Despite winning on the road, with our backup in his first start, we still have people coming on here and crying. You guys are depressing.

This!   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We just have to survive to the playoffs.

We aren't beating Denver next week though. We'll be the 3rd seed or the 5th seed, depending on how we play against Baltimore.

I see.  So Denver has lost more than half of their games over the last 7 - and "we aren't beating Denver next week though." Really?  Who do you think Denver is, because I see them as a sub .500 team as of late and a very winnable game this week!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You would have to list the members of this "Love Fest".

I was in the draft forum the day we drafted McCarron, the hate was immediate. I'd honestly never seen anything quite like it.
If you or anybody else thinks this board is more "pro-AJ" than they are "con-AJ" then we disagree. What's the name of this thread again?

It was never my intent to suggest the board is predominantly anything. Just saying there are some who love the guy, and would like to see him replace Dalton... And I have no idea what draft thread you are referring to. I wasn't around for it. The board I used to frequent generally thought he was a good pick for the fifth round.

(12-21-2015, 12:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fan base. Despite winning on the road, with our backup in his first start, we still have people coming on here and crying. You guys are depressing.

The problem with this thread is the same thing that's wrong with a million threads across a million boards. An extreme viewpoint from another thread has stuck in someone's craw, and they've reacted to that single post more than they have to the predominantly rational outlook of the board. I wouldn't put much more into it than that.
Reply/Quote
Actually the funny part is watching some here call out the OL when in the past we've had the same kind of OL performances and they called out Andy. I guess it's difficult to admit that Andy IS a good QB and that his quick release (only faster one in football is Tom Brady) was helping the OL. It doesn't make McCarron a bad QB; it just means that the OL was a bit overrated and does need to adjust to a slower release. And McCarron needs to work this week on getting it out at least a bit quicker.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: If McCarron plays as well in both remaining games, and shows improvement in both, I would be comfortable with him starting a playoff game. I know that sounds crazy, but we still don't know which Andy will show up for the playoffs. He has had a great season, and hasn't had any stinker games, but we still lost 2 out of 3 prime time games with Andy. On top of that, if the playoff game is his first game back, we really don't know what we'll be getting. He could be rusty, or his thumb could still give him problems gripping the ball and he could be inaccurate, we just don't know. Either way, we would be going into the playoff game with an unknown commodity at QB. In that case, I would be comfortable with the one playing well at the time (McCarron). And who knows, he could shine in big games. I have enough faith in the rst of the O, the D and the ST to trust whoever we put in at QB.

Dalton was fantastic in 2 of those games. Dalton was the biggest reason we hung 31 points on a good defense in AZ. You can't hang that L on him. I somewhat agree on the rust, but Dalton was fine in prime time this year, if you objectively look at his play alone.

(12-21-2015, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In Andy's first ever start he only completed 10 passes for 81 yards.

The biggest loss with Andy is his ability to run and experience.

AJ will be just fine. I think some are unhappy he did so well because it went against their predictions.

Well that's not deceptive at all. Dalton missed the entire 2nd half of his first start. With McCarron, I've been pleased with his performance so far. Just a little aggravated with the Dalton bashing McCarron lovers that have come out of the woodwork lately. Of course, you haven't noticed those guys for "some" reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually the funny part is watching some here call out the OL when in the past we've had the same kind of OL performances and they called out Andy. I guess it's difficult to admit that Andy IS a good QB and that his quick release (only faster one in football is Tom Brady) was helping the OL. It doesn't make McCarron a bad QB; it just means that the OL was a bit overrated and does need to adjust to a slower release. And McCarron needs to work this week on getting it out at least a bit quicker.

Good post and points joe!!!!! Rep sir Rock On

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid

Count me old also because it's big time stupid.

Why do we always feel the need to give someone a nickname?  Here's one:  Let's call him AJ.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:35 PM)gobobro Wrote: The problem with this thread is the same thing that's wrong with a million threads across a million boards. An extreme viewpoint from another thread has stuck in someone's craw, and they've reacted to that single post more than they have to the predominantly rational outlook of the board. I wouldn't put much more into it than that.

Great post. Honestly, we're probably all guilty of reacting to the extreme opinions, myself included. There's probably only 5-6 posters who really want McCarron to keep the job. Just as there are only 5-6 guys who are unreasonably harsh on McCarron.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:54 PM)The Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton was fantastic in 2 of those games. Dalton was the biggest reason we hung 31 points on a good defense in AZ. You can't hang that L on him. I somewhat agree on the rust, but Dalton was fine in prime time this year, if you objectively look at his play alone.

Well that's not deceptive at all. Dalton missed the entire 2nd half of his first start. With McCarron, I've been pleased with his performance so far. Just a little aggravated with the Dalton bashing McCarron lovers that have come out of the woodwork lately. Of course, you haven't noticed those guys for "some" reason.

just hoping theirs a controversy. People love to see Dalton fail, so they can put the I told you so threads up. AJM, is doing what is paid to do keep the guys going till Andy is back if Dalton doesn't make it back, till next season then I would say it's a safe bet this is still his team. I'm not a Dalton or AJ guy, I'm a Bengal fan and want what's best for this team, if that's AJ in post season then so be it, but in my heart I just hope Andy is ready for post season. 

Seen a article this morning,they were talking about andys cast saying it already been adjusted where he could work is thumb and was looking highly probable to return for post season. Let me see if I can find it and I'll post it. 

*edit*

Well the article doesn't do much for confidence  Sad We need that bye week that's out there waving at us. Hadn't read this one just seen the video. 

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/12/21/10633980/andy-dalton-injury-update-daltons-cast-replaced-with-smaller-option

Here's Jay's video 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-can-return-for-postseason-122015

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Judging from the comments of a few, it sounds like he was expected to come out guns ablazing and set the world on fire.

No, but if we are going to win a playoff game (which is what the op was referencing) then he will have to come out guns a blazing. And we don't know if he can based off of yesterday.

It's not 2000 anymore folks. T.D would be a 4000 yard qb in this new age. Times are changing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

You're right. Some people are never happy. The kid came in and did what needed done & got the win. What's not to like?

Merry Christmas !!!
Reply/Quote