Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 11:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In terms of points, yea. But yards is the typical definition of a #1 defense or offense.

I'm not sure who set the precedent, but that's what you usually hear about in regards to a generic ranking of defenses.

I'm a pessimist, and I know this. I hope you're right, but I have a hard time seeing this game as a coin flip. I think we're going in as significant underdogs.

The opening line has Denver at -3.5, essentially a coin flip. Cheer up old sport.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: "Not winning anything without Dalton".

Played one game without him starting and won it.  Thread dismissed.

THIS !!!!!!..........and may I add that coaches went more with the run because he is like a rookie and it was his first NFL start, and 49ers saw that and were in the box to stuff the run all game. ....but we won anyway.....and clinced the play-offs.....and the kid QB wasn't thrown to the wolves as Hue and Dalton coached him up all game on the sidelines......

Bengals are # 4 in offense and # 2 in defense....and yes, We Have A SUPER BOWL type DEFENSE !!!!!.....but still have many weapons on the # 4 ranked offense.......What is WRONG with having a SUPER BOWL DEFENSE ????????

I agree, thread dismissed....great immediate comeback post JC
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We won! AJ won his first game as a starter. Yes the line played like crap, our backs couldn't run which was frustrating. BUT I feel that the coaches are going to make adjustments and we will see that next week.

I will ask though: What has happened with our run game??? Is Jeremy just not the back we thought he was? I'm really confused on this.
Reply/Quote
In Andy's first ever start he only completed 10 passes for 81 yards.

The biggest loss with Andy is his ability to run and experience.

AJ will be just fine. I think some are unhappy he did so well because it went against their predictions.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:19 PM)BengirlVal Wrote: We won! AJ won his first game as a starter. Yes the line played like crap, our backs couldn't run which was frustrating. BUT I feel that the coaches are going to make adjustments and we will see that next week.

I will ask though: What has happened with our run game??? Is Jeremy just not the back we thought he was? I'm really confused on this.
see my post before yours on 49ers in the box all game...
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In Andy's first ever start he only completed 10 passes for 81 yards.

AJ will be just fine. I think some are unhappy he did so well because it went against their predictions.

I like Dalton but in his first game we were losing when Dalton got injured and GRadkowski came in and won the game in relief....I think it was against the Browns to start 2011.....but we won.....just as yesterday we won.....neither games were pretty in their first starts......Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason and CArson Palmers first starts were no things of beauty....but we won and clinched play-offs yesterday !!!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In Andy's first ever start he only completed 10 passes for 81 yards.

*In one half.

McCarron has some work to do (pocket presence, reading blitz/defense, and still holds ball too long at times), but maybe your expectations were low since you are already deeming his critics unhappy "he did so well".

Maybe folks are desperate to make him better than Dalton.

Based off of yesterday, I'm not quite there.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:31 AM)gobobro Wrote: I think that's stretching it a bit. Some are hard on McCarron, but there are more than a few with a love fest going on.
You would have to list the members of this "Love Fest".

I was in the draft forum the day we drafted McCarron, the hate was immediate. I'd honestly never seen anything quite like it.
If you or anybody else thinks this board is more "pro-AJ" than they are "con-AJ" then we disagree. What's the name of this thread again?

Reply/Quote
I don't think the board is pro AJ. Just the Anti Dalton folks who hadn't had much to say about him this season has resurfaced to crown AJ (whom they've always had affection for).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think the board is pro AJ. Just the Anti Dalton folks who hadn't had much to say about him this season has resurfaced to crown AJ (whom they've always had affection for).

No.....it' not that complicated....this negative thread that say Bengals aren't winning anything now.....Some of us say this thread is BS and I'm sure the players and coaches feel that way.....Bengals have the # 4 offense with still many weapons, and the # 2 defense....WE HAVE A SUPER BOWL TYPE DEFENSE.......The Bengals 2015 season is still on it's way to SUPER BOWL...and that's what we are saying to this negative thread......and all the other negative threads.....Not and Andy this or a McCarron that, but simply that BENGALS ARE STILL ON WAY TO SUPER BOWL !!!!!!....The US Marines would say you adjust, you adapt, you move on, and Bengals are and will. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:40 PM)kevin Wrote: No.....it' not that complicated....this negative thread that say Bengals aren't winning anything now.....Some of us say this thread is BS and I'm sure the players and coaches feel that way.....Bengals have the # 4 offense with still many weapons, and the # 2 defense....WE HAVE A SUPER BOWL TYPE DEFENSE.......The Bengals 2015 season is still on it's way to SUPER BOWL...and that's what we are saying to this negative thread......and all the other negative threads.....Not and Andy this or a McCarron that, but simply that BENGALS ARE STILL ON WAY TO SUPER BOWL !!!!!!
Hell, Baltimore won a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer; why can't we win one with AJ McCarron?

So far the only answer we've got to this question is: Because we won yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Didn't he play the last time we were in Denver?

He did, but it was several years ago and I don't know how many snaps he actually played.  I know there used to be an article about it but it's not online anymore.
Reply/Quote
This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fan base. Despite winning on the road, with our backup in his first start, we still have people coming on here and crying. You guys are depressing.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, Baltimore won a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer; why can't we win one with AJ McCarron?

So far the only answer we've got to this question is: Because we won yesterday.

The 1990 Giants lost Simms and some kid named Hostetler took them to the Super Bowl....and he didn't start until week 15.....so it has been done. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fan base. Despite winning on the road, with our backup in his first start, we still have people coming on here and crying. You guys are depressing.

I agree....Merry Christmas......GO BENGALS !!!!!....I'm getting my 50 % off Papa Johns today during Christmas week with Bengals 50 code....Go BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid

Yeah, real stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fan base. Despite winning on the road, with our backup in his first start, we still have people coming on here and crying. You guys are depressing.

I agree, against a team that hasn't given up that many points this year in their place.

Just cannot please some of these people.

Merry Christmas everyone, we are in the Playoffs 5 years in a row with a chance at a bye so our MVP candidate QB can be back for the SB run.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:06 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: The opening line has Denver at -3.5, essentially a coin flip. Cheer up old sport.

Fair enough. I'll try to remain optimistic. 

Just reaaally nervous XD.

Another thing to note is that if the Broncos lose this game, they are basically falling down to the wild card. With a loss, they fall to 10-5. And with KC streaking, and hold some tie breakers over Denver, if KC wins their final two games, they'd win the AFC West.

So add some additional motivation for Denver to beat us. They could lose pretty much everything with that loss. Then, if they lose to San Diego (a division rival who does have an explosive offense), they'd be out of the playoffs entirely, if NYJ can win one more game.
Reply/Quote

To be fair, I think the Gameday threads where some people are calling a loss in the first quarter of a 0-0 game are the ACTUAL problem with our fan base.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid

Yes I agree, it's a nickname many wouldn't want.  LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote