Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 01:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron threw the ball more times today than Dalton did against the Browns in his last full game.  

So you're telling me today's offense looked like the one they've been running all season? Because if so, you are off your rocker. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Texans are 7-7 and leading the AFCS on the strength of their defense. The 49ers were ranked 31st in total defense. Are you really comparing the two?

I guess you're saying Dalton and McCarron are equals because Dalton had 1 bad game out of 12? Give ME a break. I actually like McCarron as our backup, but the love fest for him (fueled by hate for Dalton) has been a tad ridiculous.

The point of my response is that Andy Dalton lead the Bengals to a terrible loss to a terrible team even though everyone was talking about how "amazing" he was, yet McCarron comes in on short notice, beats a team pretty nicely and gets scoffed at like he's some nobody.

The Texans are leading the AFCS, thats great for them but that doesn't make them a good team. If that's the case, the Redskins should be called a good team too. Don't get me wrong, I think Dalton's been good this season, but people need to stop acting like he's the holy grail. The Dalton lead Bengals didn't just "have a bad game" against the Texans. They lost absolutely incredibly bad against a team they should have decimated, on OUR home turf I might add.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:47 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: So you're telling me today's offense looked like the one they've been running all season? Because if so, you are off your rocker. 

They looked better than the offense that played the Texans.

Eifert was out, Green was hurt,  and the running game stalled, But our QB played a fine game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Texans are 7-7 and leading the AFCS on the strength of their defense. The 49ers were ranked 31st in total defense. Are you really comparing the two?

I guess you're saying Dalton and McCarron are equals because Dalton had 1 bad game out of 12? Give ME a break. I actually like McCarron as our backup, but the love fest for him (fueled by hate for Dalton) has been a tad ridiculous.

There is no "love feast" for McCarron on these boards. Actually he gets more hate than he deserves and I have no idea why.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They looked better than the offense that played the Texans.

Eifert was out, Green was hurt,  and the running game stalled, But our QB played a fine game

Yes... But Dalton still gives us the best chance to win in the postseason and it's really not even close. 

I don't get in on the love fests/hate fests for players. I could care less if Dalton ever takes another snap for this team , so long as that means McCarron is lighting it up and giving us the best chance to win.  Right now he doesn't and in the end that's what this thread is about. It's about Can we win the Super Bowl with McCarron at QB? And with all due respect, right now, at this moment, I think the answer is no. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron threw the ball more times today than Dalton did against the Browns in his last full game.  

Gio and Hill ran the ball more times today than they ever have all season.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:02 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I honestly think this thread is more about winning in the playoffs and super bowl than it is about winning these next couple games.  If the offensive scheme we saw today is the offense we continue to get when McCarron is out there, we are toast come playoff time, plain and simple. 

I'm not sure what a declaration of surrender by a fan base of a team who just won a game with their backup and got their ticket to the dance today is going to do to help with anything, when it's also quite possible this team goes further than they have since the 1980's.  Think about that one.  I mean, that is very realistically possible.  I'm still riding the AJM Train as far as we need to take it and rooting for very good things.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
My god, is there still time to surrender our #2 seed and just stay home? But seriously folks, you'd think fans of a team that lost a playoff game to TJ Yates would have an easier time envisioning a backup QB winning in the post-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My god, is there still time to surrender our #2 seed and just stay home?  But seriously folks, you'd think fans of a team that lost a playoff game to TJ Yates would have an easier time envisioning a backup QB winning in the post-season.

Well if McCarron were facing a Marvin Lewis-coached team, I'd feel much better about his chances.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
OMG so much doom and gloom after a win!

How exactly would Dalton win that game differently?
Would the Bengals D not have gotten the turnovers that gave them short field?
Would Hue not have decided we need to run the clock and force the team to run?

AJ continues to show a promising ability to both read defenses and deliver deep balls when asked to. He had a 115.6 passer rating. He didn't cause any turnovers or force any bad throws. The announcers couldn't say enough about his management of the game. The win wasn't spectacular but it was a win and clinched a spot in the playoffs!

Then threads like this one...

I forgot how bad Cincy fans are. I was still young when I lived there, but now I am beginning to remember. Go pout on some other teams forums, nobody cares what you homer downers have to say.
Reply/Quote
What have we won with Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:13 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Defense won this game.

This is the same rhetoric we heard with Dalton for a long time.

"Defense won this game..."

Well, I didn't see a single defensive TD, so I don't know where those 24 points came from, if not from the offense. 

Sure the defense got the TOs, but the offense still needed to get the scores, and they did that.  If you think about it, the TD pass by McCarron and the FG were the deciding points in the game.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has a quicker release and mobility in the pocket. McCarron holds the ball an extra 0.5-1 seconds which is a lot of time considering pressure that's coming. His stats say he did alright in this game but the offense was atrocious. McCarron is still young so he has an excuse. On multiple occasions, Hill showed he is worthless unless he has 3 chances to go 2 yards. Even Gio performed poorly, and that singes of the offensive line stinking. It's one of the most disappointing things to see 3rd and short and Hill getting stuffed.

The defense can win games on their own, they've done it for years, when the offense was piss poor. Wasn't it just last year we had some games of going 10 3 and outs in a row? lol. This year the Bengals offense is high powered. If Dalton is the oil to the engine, we need him back by the playoffs, otherwise we aren't going anywhere with whatever offense was put on the field in that 49ers game. Let's see what happens the next couple...

It is a team game, and they won the game they were supposed to. So there's that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:49 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: The point of my response is that Andy Dalton lead the Bengals to a terrible loss to a terrible team even though everyone was talking about how "amazing" he was, yet McCarron comes in on short notice, beats a team pretty nicely and gets scoffed at like he's some nobody.

The Texans are leading the AFCS, thats great for them but that doesn't make them a good team. If that's the case, the Redskins should be called a good team too. Don't get me wrong, I think Dalton's been good this season, but people need to stop acting like he's the holy grail. The Dalton lead Bengals didn't just "have a bad game" against the Texans. They lost absolutely incredibly bad against a team they should have decimated, on OUR home turf I might add.

Just out of curiosity, did you actually watch the Texans game?

Eifert dropped 3 very easy passes and ran a wrong route (not something he does often) on another occasion, and Green literally drops the ball on a 1st down catch.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that you are hanging the Texans loss on Dalton a bit too much.  Dalton played fine during the Texans, some other players, not so much.
Reply/Quote
I think AJM did a fine job helping this team win. It's exactly what you hope for out of your backup. Projecting wins, playoffs, and McCarron eras off this, though, is just crazy... We're in the playoffs and still have a shot at a bye. That's as far as I'm taking yesterday.

Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad that we beat a nemesis team on the road without two of our best players. Going on the road into San Fran is a game the Bengals of old would've lost, even if San Fran sucked. But we won and locked up a playoff bid.

McCarron didnt look bad in his first start, but the offense struggled to move the ball well. The defense made some huge plays that gave the offense the ball back and that helped. Turnovers were the biggest difference in this game, imho.
Reply/Quote

This x2. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:15 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Just out of curiosity, did you actually watch the Texans game?

Eifert dropped 3 very easy passes and ran a wrong route (not something he does often) on another occasion, and Green literally drops the ball on a 1st down catch.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that you are hanging the Texans loss on Dalton a bit too much.  Dalton played fine during the Texans, some other players, not so much.

Yup, he done what he could. Just hope he back for the playoffs 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
AJM did what he was supposed to do. Made a few good passes and handed the ball off a lot. Didn't do anything stupid.
No TO's = WIN yesterday.
What's not to like? Another week of reps & continue to improve. Gonna have to play better Monday for a win.
Hold down the fort till Andy heals up.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no "love feast" for McCarron on these boards. Actually he gets more hate than he deserves and I have no idea why.

I think that's stretching it a bit. Some are hard on McCarron, but there are more than a few with a love fest going on.

(12-21-2015, 07:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This is the same rhetoric we heard with Dalton for a long time.

"Defense won this game..."

Well, I didn't see a single defensive TD, so I don't know where those 24 points came from, if not from the offense. 

Sure the defense got the TOs, but the offense still needed to get the scores, and they did that.  If you think about it, the TD pass by McCarron and the FG were the deciding points in the game.

4 turnovers
14 points off those turnovers
4 sacks
2/14 third down conversions for 49ers

Add in a blocked field goal, and another 7 points after the shanked punt from special teams...

First time since 2013 the Bengals won a game despite having less than 250 yards of offense.

It's a little different than the Dalton dismissals. AJM did a fine job yesterday, but the offense needed that superlative performance from the defense to bring home that win.
Reply/Quote