Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 12:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Very stupid.

Quite possibly, the stupidest ever.

I keep telling people, the reason it keeps saying Macaroni is that autocorrect keeps changing McCarron to Macaroni.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:45 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I agree that the Bengals did look different today, but the thing is.... that's not McCarrons fault. That's on the coaches. They decided to do some pretty questionable calling today because it looked like they trusted their quarterback just as much as some people on this forum do. Not a lot.

I agree that you can't hold it against him. But I'm guessing they called the game that way because they had to. He's just not ready for the "real"  offense yet and that's okay because he shouldn't be expected to be.  I think where the problem lies is, is there enough time for him that he will be ready for that if he has to lead this team in the playoffs? My guess is no, in which case, there will be nothing won this season. We absolutely need Dalton back to have a chance at a championship. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I keep telling people, the reason it keeps saying Macaroni is that autocorrect keeps changing McCarron to Macaroni.

When you did it, sure. Now people are actually typing that because they think is a good nickname.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When you did it, sure. Now people are actually typing that because they think is a good nickname.

Oh, that is sad.   Confused
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty excited about the win today, and that was win #1 under AJM.
I think next week could be win #2. And then what about your thoughts on winning nothing? Because if we win this week & next week - we're most likely winning out. That's nothing BUT winning, you know.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When you did it, sure. Now people are actually typing that because they think is a good nickname.

I'm not so sure... I still think it's an auto correct situation. I also think it's hilarious. I made the thread about the nickname completely as a joke. It's an awful nickname that nobody except auto correct made up... But it sure is funny to me every time I see it. It's awesomely bad. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:58 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm pretty excited about the win today, and that was win #1 under AJM.  
I think next week could be win #2.  And then what about your thoughts on winning nothing?  Because if we win this week & next week - we're most likely winning out.  That's nothing BUT winning, you know.

I honestly think this thread is more about winning in the playoffs and super bowl than it is about winning these next couple games.  If the offensive scheme we saw today is the offense we continue to get when McCarron is out there, we are toast come playoff time, plain and simple. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I agree that you can't hold it against him. But I'm guessing they called the game that way because they had to. He's just not ready for the "real"  offense yet and that's okay because he shouldn't be expected to be.  I think where the problem lies is, is there enough time for him that he will be ready for that if he has to lead this team in the playoffs? My guess is no, in which case, there will be nothing won this season. We absolutely need Dalton back to have a chance at a championship. 

I'd say you're right that he might not have been ready for the "real" offense. In all honesty I feel like the coaches played this game safe enough to get the win and clinch the berth. Now that we're in I say all bets should be off and the coaches should throw McCarron at the wolves now while they have the chance to do it before the postseason gets here.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:06 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I'd say you're right that he might not have been ready for the "real" offense. In all honesty I feel like the coaches played this game safe enough to get the win and clinch the berth. Now that we're in I say all bets should be off and the coaches should throw McCarron at the wolves now while they have the chance to do it before the postseason gets here.

Next week will have serious playoff implications, so it'll be interesting to see how it's handled. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not many, but at least one that I clearly remember.  He forced the ball to AJ, in tight coverage on a 3rd and medium.  While he had Sanu in space, crossing his face, at the very same moment.

Well, I can remember Dalton doing that for 4 years before he learned not to. I bet it takes AJM a little less time to learn it.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The offense looked horrible out there today. The offense couldn't score a TD on the 49ers unless they were already close to the end zone. We only scored 3 points when the offense started on their own side of the field.

The offensive line looked worse, the run game looked worse, the receivers looked worse, everything looked worse. The offense shouldn't look that much worse going up against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Yeah because the Andy Dalton lead Bengals looked so much better against the unstoppable Super Bowl bound Texans that marched into our home city and ended our undefeated season with their backup quarterback who we only scored 6 points on. Give me a break.

Bengals looked like they were playing it safe today with McCarron at quarterback. We got the win and the berth. Now it's time to come back next week and start playing full steam ahead football.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:13 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Defense won this game.

Nope. The Bengals won this game as a team just like every week win or lose. What is it with some people who can't grasp that concept? It's annoying one week it's all on the QB and then the next it's all the defense. When the fact is it's always a team game.

This thread is dumb.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:02 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I honestly think this thread is more about winning in the playoffs and super bowl than it is about winning these next couple games.  If the offensive scheme we saw today is the offense we continue to get when McCarron is out there, we are toast come playoff time, plain and simple. 

This. By "anything", I'm pretty sure he's talking playoffs. He's probably right, but I'm going to give Macaroni a fair shot. The Denver game should be a playoff-like atmosphere considering what's at stake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The offense looked horrible out there today. The offense couldn't score a TD on the 49ers unless they were already close to the end zone. We only scored 3 points when the offense started on their own side of the field.

The offensive line looked worse, the run game looked worse, the receivers looked worse, everything looked worse. The offense shouldn't look that much worse going up against one of the worst defenses in the league.

That horrible offense put up more points on the 49ers than they've give up at home all year so it really wasn't all that horrible.

Just because there were several short yardage drives doesn't mean the offense can't do it. It just means they fewer opportunities to do it. Besides, Hue went ultra conservative in the second half. That's not on AJM.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid

You may or may not be old, but you're right, it's very stupid.... and juvenile.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:02 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:  If the offensive scheme we saw today is the offense we continue to get when McCarron is out there, we are toast come playoff time, plain and simple. 

Almost 100% of the people here said we should run the ball to protect MCCarron.  So don't expect anyone to listen to you.

But what exactly would you have changed.  McCarron threw the ball down the field very effectively.  Did you really want him to throw iot 40 or 50 times?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:12 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Yeah because the Andy Dalton lead Bengals looked so much better against the unstoppable Super Bowl bound Texans that marched into our home city and ended our undefeated season with their backup quarterback who we only scored 6 points on. Give me a break.

The Texans are 7-7 and leading the AFCS on the strength of their defense. The 49ers were ranked 31st in total defense. Are you really comparing the two?

I guess you're saying Dalton and McCarron are equals because Dalton had 1 bad game out of 12? Give ME a break. I actually like McCarron as our backup, but the love fest for him (fueled by hate for Dalton) has been a tad ridiculous.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:13 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Defense won this game.

Defnse did nothing special.  Niners offense was total crap.  Even the interceptions hit the receivers in the hands happened to bounce out to Bengal defenders.

Turnovers decided this game.  Niners gave us the ball 4 times and McCarron did not have a single turnover. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost 100% of the people here said we should run the ball to protect MCCarron.  So don't expect anyone to listen to you.

But what exactly would you have changed.  McCarron threw the ball down the field very effectively.  Did you really want him to throw iot 40 or 50 times?
Not at all. Like I said in an earlier post, he did OK with what he was given. But would you not agree that the offense is much more wide open and diverse with AD at QB? The scheme worked well enough today because the niners are really bad. But wouldn't we be kidding ourselves to think the brand of offensive football we saw today will be good enough to win come playoff time? 

The coming weeks will give us a better indicator of how much they really trust MCCarron to run this offense the way it  is designed to be run.  My guess is that they will continue to give him more and more, but even then I seriously doubt he gives us an equal chance of winning in the playoffs, much less a better one. 

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not at all. Like I said in an earlier post, he did OK with what he was given. But would you not agree that the offense is much more wide open and diverse with AD at QB? The scheme worked well enough today because the niners are really bad. But wouldn't we be kidding ourselves to think the brand of offensive football we saw today will be good enough to win come playoff time? 

The coming weeks will give us a better indicator of how much they really trust MCCarron to run this offense the way it  is designed to be run.  My guess is that they will continue to give him more and more, but even then I seriously doubt he gives us an equal chance of winning in the playoffs, much less a better one. 

McCarron threw the ball more times today than Dalton did against the Browns in his last full game.  
Reply/Quote