Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We're playing Brandon Allen
(10-26-2023, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: People all have bad memories (see above).

As I JUST wrote on Twitter, everyone remembers TJ Yates, but no one remembers Brock Berlin, Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, Kellen Clemens and John Skelton.

I can't find my post I did 2 years ago, but I debunked this.

And no, Nick Mullens has never faced us, let alone, "torched," us.

So about that post two years ago...you were respomding to me the week we were playing Mike White.

Jets fans literally had a season long debate about whether he should be the future at QB after he played us. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So 9 games (Andy doesn't count) out of what, 25? 30? That we've faced backups?

Again, we have (if we're going strictly backups):

2023: Dobbs
2022: Huntley, Anthony Brown, Flacco, PJ Walker and Hayseed in the same game
2021: Drew Lock, Josh Johnson
2020: Minshew
2019: No One
2018: No One
2017: Osweiler
2016: Kevin Hogan/Cody Kessler
2015: EJ Manuel, Nick Foles, Austin Davis, Gabbert
2014: Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Manziel
2013: Thad Lewis, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassell
2012: Brady Quinn, Foles, Tyrod Taylor
2011: Kellen Clemens, John Skelton
2010: Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy
2009: Brady Quinn
2008: Ken Dorsey
2007: Brock Berlin, Cleo Lemon

So yeah, we have done SIGNIFICANTLY better against backups than anyone remembers, especially since Zac has been coach.

The notion that we struggle against backups is all fallacy.

Why wouldn't Andy count? 

He's been a backup everywhere he's been BUT Cincinnatti. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:43 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So about that post two years ago...you were respomding to me the week we were playing Mike White.

Jets fans literally had a season long debate about whether he should be the future at QB after he played us. 

If you hadn’t put literally, I wouldn’t have known it was a season long debate. What is up with the overuse of that word. ?????????????????????????? Can not stand it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:48 PM)125250 Wrote: If you hadn’t put literally, I wouldn’t have known it was a season long debate. What is up with the overuse of that word. ?????????????????????????? Can not stand it. 

Ask my girlfriend. She got me into the habit. I questioned it too. But after living with it, it becomes habitual.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:50 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Ask my girlfriend. She got me into the habit. I questioned it too. But after living with it, it becomes habitual.

It’s one of my pet peeves lol
Reply/Quote
I’m ngl, i have zero respect for Brandon Allen as a QB

If he was playing over Darnold I’d call for a 21 point win right god damn now
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This just turned into a must win IMO got to find a way.

Think the Bengals win the next 3 honestly if they play Bengals football.

Just saw where Purdy is progressing quickly through protocols... he's in phase 3 of 5 and was evidently participating in practice today
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 06:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This just turned into a must win IMO got to find a way.

Think the Bengals win the next 3 honestly if they play Bengals football.

Just saw where Purdy is progressing quickly through protocols... he's in phase 3 of 5 and was evidently participating in practice today

Purdy potentially coming back hurts the chances not going to lie. He’s been good for sure but has been beatable. Tent Williams still looks out though so that’s pretty big for them as well.

I think no matter who is back there this is going to be a complete dogfight.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well there is the backup quality QB’s / Placeholders that got us. Mitch T. comes to mind. But it isn’t only about quarterbacks. That’s what you are missing. It’s backup LT’s and guards, cbs …..

Hey, I said nothing about other backups, I'm just talking strictly QBs (and so is everyone in this thread).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:44 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why wouldn't Andy count? 

Prescott was done for the year and he was the starter.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:44 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why wouldn't Andy count? 

Andy was the starter in chicago before he got hurt

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Prescott was done for the year and he was the starter.

So you’re using a really rigid definition of “starter” to exempt data points that runs counter to your poorly thought out arguments

Kay.
Reply/Quote
Hey guys. My donut uses to be a backup tire until my front tire went flat. Now my backup tire is a regular tire.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 02:31 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: ***NSFW***

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/purdys-concussion-sparks-reminder-of-bengals-tortured-history-against-backup-qbs/

Those games listed were brutal to watch, thanks a lot for making me relive those again lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, I said nothing about other backups, I'm just talking strictly QBs (and so is everyone in this thread).

I mentioned backups in my original post. Never mentioned QB's specifically and purposefully because it isn't just a backup qb thing, and people aren't just talking about losing Purdy, but celebrating the ideal that Williams is out too. Hendrickson has already been stoned by a backup LT this season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Andy was the starter in chicago before he got hurt

Chicago did do that didn't they? 

I still think the use of "starter" and "backup: are being used in a stoopid way. We can look at Andy's career and acheivements, in aggeregate, and identify him as a backup at best.

Trevor Simean--the guy that couldn't beat out a no name QB for the Bengals' backup spot--torched us in 2016 for 312 yards and 4 touchdowns. Yet he wasn't mentioned either, probably because "well, he was the 'starter at the time hurr'.

Stop. His career in retrospect screams backup, and that's if we're being generous. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Chicago did do that didn't they? 

I still think the use of "starter" and "backup: are being used in a stoopid way. We can look at Andy's career and acheivements, in aggeregate, and identify him as a backup at best.

Trevor Simean--the guy that couldn't beat out a no name QB for the Bengals' backup spot--torched us in 2016 for 312 yards and 4 touchdowns. Yet he wasn't mentioned either, probably because "well, he was the 'starter at the time hurr'.

Stop. His career in retrospect screams backup, and that's if we're being generous. 

I just felt my iq drop from reading this and interacting with you. My mistake. Carry on

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Chicago did do that didn't they? 

It's spelled "stupid", fyi. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I just felt my iq drop from reading this and interacting with you. My mistake. Carry on

How so?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 06:25 PM)125250 Wrote: It’s one of my pet peeves lol

is it, like, literally one of your pet peeves?   Ninja
Reply/Quote