Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We should be 4-0
It bothers me to think about it, but it's true, we should be 4-0 right now. Clearly, Zampese was the wrong choice as OC (which is like sayiing poison is the wrong choice for lunch).

Based on how Lazor's called the offense, I think it's safe to say, we win the first 2 games of the year and probably do so easily.

You might be saying, "But he was the OC for Green Bay and we lost that game." Which is true. HOwever, had we opened the season with the offense playing like it did against Cleveland and the first half of GB, I think we would have come into GB full of confidence and would have built up a bigger lead in the first half. And we would not have succumbed so badly to GB's halftime adjustments. And let's not forget GB was dealing with a lot of injuries that a more confident team would've taken greater advantage of.

Even if you disagree with me about GB, we should still be sitting at least at 3-1. I know it's unlikely and, frankly, I'd rather things happen that guarantee a new HC, but it is becoming clear to me that we could very well be a playoff team this year. Though, to be completely honest, even if we do make the playoffs, we'll be one-and-done again this year, but that'll probably be enough to get Brown to want to bring back Lewis.

With our luck, we're going to end up 2 games short of making the playoffs, but we'll have played well enough that Brown will offer Lewis a contract extension anyway which he'll accept.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know this much.... Baltimore is a really bad team. That makes week one that much harder to swallow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Goes to show how much difference an OC can make. I'm just glad the team and fans didn't have to suffer through one more whole year of Zampese calling plays.
If the offense stays competent by year's end, I could realistically see Guenther being promoted to HC with Lazor staying as OC and maybe someone like Coyle getting another shot at being a DC (unfortunately?).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Goes to show how inept Marv is. Picked the wrong guy to be OC because “he’s been here along time and he’s my friend”. We should have playoff wins by now too.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Goes to show how much difference an OC can make. I'm just glad the team and fans didn't have to suffer through one more whole year of Zampese calling plays.
If the offense stays competent by year's end, I could realistically see Guenther being promoted to HC with Lazor staying as OC and maybe someone like Coyle getting another shot at being a DC (unfortunately?).

I can see that too. I don't WANT that to happen, but I know it's very likely to occur.

(10-04-2017, 12:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Goes to show how inept Marv is. Picked the wrong guy to be OC because “he’s been here along time and he’s my friend”. We should have playoff wins by now too.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can see that too. I don't WANT that to happen, but I know it's very likely to occur.

Yep.

I just now realized that from 2014-2015, both Coyle and Lazor were the coordinators for Miami. I knew they both were coordinators for Miami at one point, but it just dawned on me that they were at the same time for a couple years.
Would be weird to see them both in the same roles again, but this time for Cincinnati.
Mike Brown may think, "Well, the Dolphins were a dumpster fire in the Philbin era, so perhaps Lazor and Coyle just need a change of scenery to succeed."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
we will just have to settle starting 4-3
Reply/Quote
People are looking at how good we looked against the Browns who are 1-19 in their past 20 games and projecting if we played that well against other teams. The Browns have a bad offense and defense.

Let's see how we do against Buffalo before we annoint Lazor the savior. I saw Lazor's stuff work in the 1st half against the Packers then get shut down in the 2nd half.

Once there is tape out there on our offense, we'll see how it does.

We absolutely cannot run the ball. That is a big hurdle to winning.
Reply/Quote
The what if game is what losers play, it's what the Browns fans play all year.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree with the coordinator. But people on here really underestimate how good Burfict is you think Watson breaks that run with Burfict playing? He wouldn't have made a field goal difference versus the packers? No Burfict really helped Ravens to control the clock in week 1 as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People are looking at how good we looked against the Browns who are 1-19 in their past 20 games and projecting if we played that well against other teams. The Browns have a bad offense and defense.

Let's see how we do against Buffalo before we annoint Lazor the savior. I saw Lazor's stuff work in the 1st half against the Packers then get shut down in the 2nd half.

It's not just about the Browns game.

The defense played more than well enough to win either of the first 2 games against teams that could very well be as bad as the Browns (at least, the Ravens anyway) if only the offense could hav edone SOMETHING.

The offense played very well in the first half of the GB game and while GB doesn't have the defense of say the Broncos, they're still a top notch team and taking EVERYTHING into account, I feel that everything else being the same, if Lazor was the OC from the beginning we're sitting at 4-0 right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not just about the Browns game.

The defense played more than well enough to win either of the first 2 games against teams that could very well be as bad as the Browns (at least, the Ravens anyway) if only the offense could hav edone SOMETHING.

The offense played very well in the first half of the GB game and while GB doesn't have the defense of say the Broncos, they're still a top notch team and taking EVERYTHING into account, I feel that everything else being the same, if Lazor was the OC from the beginning we're sitting at 4-0 right now.

We lost 20-0 in our opener at home.

We had Lazor in the GB game and lost.

Just wait until there is tape out there and defenses adjust.

We're probably still 1-3 if Lazor is the OC all year. Maybe 2-2 at best. What you are discounting is that this team finds ways to lose games. They did that against the Texans. They did that against the Packers.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People are looking at how good we looked against the Browns who are 1-19 in their past 20 games and projecting if we played that well against other teams. The Browns have a bad offense and defense.

Don't worry, if we lose to the Bills we will go back to talking about what we should do with the #2 overall pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Don't worry, if we lose to the Bills we will go back to talking about what we should do with the #2 overall pick in the draft.

Haha. I knew that beating the Browns who were 1-19 over the past 20 games would re-ignite the homers Super Bowl fire!
Reply/Quote
Beating the Browns has not given me the delusion of us being a playoff team. However, people keep trying to discredit and disregard Dalton's great game because it was "just the Browns". Ben played the Browns and didn't have the game Dalton did. Flacco played the Browns and he didn't have the game Dalton did. Neither did Brissett. Now all 4 QBs had their best game against the Browns this season. For some reason it's just expected of Ben and Flacco and Brissett came from New England so of course he's good, but Dalton sucks.

The game Dalton hung on the Browns was awesome. Best of any QB against them this season. Ben and Flacco threw picks while Dalton did not. Only Flacco was sacked more by the Browns than Dalton. People keep throwing the excuses though. "Garrett was out". Well Garrett was out for all of them. "Cleveland's LBs are poor in coverage". They've been poor all 4 games.

I don't think this team makes a run at the playoffs, but they will win a few more games. It would be nice if our own fans would quite trying to discredit the performance of their own QB and support the guy like they do Burfict. Dalton does deserve it.
Reply/Quote
Even in a win against the hapless injured Browns they had to mask the offensive lines deficient players.

Why the hell are we sitting here with a worse line this season than the previous?

Either Marvin Lewis is a complete moron(debatable)or more likely Alexander thought he could mold the players into something that they're not.

The thing that everyone feared before the season is a reality... shocking.

I swear if Paul Alexander ever got fired here, you'd better for damn sure be looking for the 4 Horsemen!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Beating the Browns has not given me the delusion of us being a playoff team. However, people keep trying to discredit and disregard Dalton's great game because it was "just the Browns". Ben played the Browns and didn't have the game Dalton did. Flacco played the Browns and he didn't have the game Dalton did. Neither did Brissett. Now all 4 QBs had their best game against the Browns this season. For some reason it's just expected of Ben and Flacco and Brissett came from New England so of course he's good, but Dalton sucks.

The game Dalton hung on the Browns was awesome. Best of any QB against them this season. Ben and Flacco threw picks while Dalton did not. Only Flacco was sacked more by the Browns than Dalton. People keep throwing the excuses though. "Garrett was out". Well Garrett was out for all of them. "Cleveland's LBs are poor in coverage". They've been poor all 4 games.

I don't think this team makes a run at the playoffs, but they will win a few more games. It would be nice if our own fans would quite trying to discredit the performance of their own QB and support the guy like they do Burfict. Dalton does deserve it.

Ben and Flacco have taken many lumps for their QB play, particularly Ben on the road.  Dalton also put two god-awful games onto tape this season, so let's scale back this narrative just a bit.  If we trounce the Bills I'll say we're back on the path, but I can see why people aren't ready to declare Dalton blameless in what has been a very disappointing season thus far.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It bothers me to think about it, but it's true, we should be 4-0 right now. Clearly, Zampese was the wrong choice as OC (which is like sayiing poison is the wrong choice for lunch).

Based on how Lazor's called the offense, I think it's safe to say, we win the first 2 games of the year and probably do so easily.

You might be saying, "But he was the OC for Green Bay and we lost that game." Which is true. HOwever, had we opened the season with the offense playing like it did against Cleveland and the first half of GB, I think we would have come into GB full of confidence and would have built up a bigger lead in the first half. And we would not have succumbed so badly to GB's halftime adjustments. And let's not forget GB was dealing with a lot of injuries that a more confident team would've taken greater advantage of.

Even if you disagree with me about GB, we should still be sitting at least at 3-1. I know it's unlikely and, frankly, I'd rather things happen that guarantee a new HC, but it is becoming clear to me that we could very well be a playoff team this year. Though, to be completely honest, even if we do make the playoffs, we'll be one-and-done again this year, but that'll probably be enough to get Brown to want to bring back Lewis.

With our luck, we're going to end up 2 games short of making the playoffs, but we'll have played well enough that Brown will offer Lewis a contract extension anyway which he'll accept.

And "we" "should" have 2 more SB wins and several more playoff wins and a few more HOF'ers and with my build, height, large hands and feet, i should have a couple more inches.

As it is, "we" don't. 

Sorry, Phil. Not trying to be mean but the "should" causes me the same disgust as the "hope". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It bothers me to think about it, but it's true, we should be 4-0 right now. Clearly, Zampese was the wrong choice as OC (which is like sayiing poison is the wrong choice for lunch).

Well we should of hired Lazor as the OC last season. This happens time and time again where the moves we need to
make are made a year or two too late. I agree with what you say about us winning atleast 3 games by now if Lazor
was the OC from the get go. He would of had his playbook installed and with us actually being able to score some
points our Defense would of been able to pin back their ears and rush the passer earlier.

Sure hope you are wrong about Marv coming back. Him and especially PA need to be gone regardless if we win the
Superbowl. Don't know how many times i have said this, time to move on from these two regardless.
Reply/Quote
I can give you 3-1. But the beat down by the Ravens wasn't a win.

Eifert lost us the Texans game by not staying in bounds.
Bullock lost us the Packers game by missing a kick.

We should be 3-1, but we aren't. Luckily there is still a lot of time left to make up ground.

This week feels like a must win for the season to me. Otherwise we're sitting at 1-4 and I don't think you come back from that.
Reply/Quote