Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We should be 4-0
(10-05-2017, 04:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Banhammer twirling....

Did someone say Hammer?

[Image: 86ef7e138d8ff6fa1ef2d4d7b288ffc3.495x371x7.gif]

(10-05-2017, 05:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 1685009-banhammer.jpg]

....oh, nevermind. I guess it's not time for jokes.   Ninja

(I regret nothing!)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 01:51 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not calling Ross a bust. I am saying that the team reached, when there were more talented players there. I would not have taken an OT with the #9 pick either.

But, if we look back over the past couple of years there were centers available. We've needed more talent at center for years.

Disagree on talent. Ross was as talented as any player in the top 10 IMHO.

The question with him was the injuries as we all can see.

Agreed on Center, would of been completely happy with a Center in the 2nd over Mixon and i love Mixon.

But it starts in the trenches and we have completely undervalued the Center position forever.

Biggest thing holding this team back is the lack of a good Center. Just look at the Falcons when they got Mack.

(10-06-2017, 03:15 AM)treee Wrote: You can win in the NFL without a stellar running game. You have to get creative with your high-percentage short passes to drain the clock though or defense will start jumping routes.

True, we need to use Gio and Mixon in the game at the same time IMO.

Was going to say more two TE sets too but it seems all of our TE's are banged up right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 01:51 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not calling Ross a bust. I am saying that the team reached, when there were more talented players there. I would not have taken an OT with the #9 pick either.

But, if we look back over the past couple of years there were centers available. We've needed more talent at center for years.

Imagine how Titans or Chargers fans feel taking Mike Williams and Corey Davis ahead of the Bengals.

And if the Bengals took Marshon Lattimore, Bengals fans would lose their sh*t because yet another CB.

Derek Barnett has had 5 total tackles. He wouldn't have been a good option either. The DEs the Bengals got in rounds 3 and 4 have been as good or better than Barnett so far.

Jonathan Allen has had just 1 sack and is playing as a DE in a 3-4. There were always questions where he would play in a 4-3. Most assumed DT, but that would have likely been just as a nickel DT. If he had been taken as a potential nickel DT and eventual replacement for Geno in 2019, some fans would have been irate that the Bengals didn't go for a more play-now player.

Malik Hooker has been playing well, but we all knew that the Bengals wouldn't have started Hooker over Iloka and Williams (even if it would have been a good idea). Hooker would have been riding the bench and playing just sparingly.

Reuben Foster hasn't done much either, only playing 1 game and only having 3 tackles and 1 PBU. And the Bengals likely weren't considering him as high after signing Minter in FA before the draft.

OJ Howard has 4 rec for 92 yards and 1 TD in 4 games. He's playing second fiddle to Cameron Brate as a receiving option. However, most fans expected Eifert to miss some games this year and felt Howard would have been an ideal candidate to replace Eifert in the long term too.

If I'm looking at hindsight to what players the Bengals would have considered around this pick, Hooker would probably have been the favorite if the Bengals would have considered adding a safety that early. Howard probably the second option, as you'd think he would have the quickest opportunity to start and make an impact on this Bengals team given Eifert's constant health concerns.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice post Ocho and there were not Centers or OT's worthy of the 9th pick either.

It is yet to be seen if we made the right pick. Injuries were my only concern with Ross, other than that i thought he could be
our next great WR. He has all the skills, he runs great routes, has great hands, is extremely quick and great in open space.

Antonio Brown type but more straight line speed when needed.

He was my favorite WR in this class and we don't know yet if i was wrong as the other two taken early haven't done anything.

Was wanting Ross or Howard if we went Offense.

Getting Lawson and Willis in the 3rd and 4th were complete steals cause i wanted pass rushers more than anything but Center
in this last draft. Like i said, if anything should of got a Center in the 2nd looking back and Mixon is a fine RB and should be
great with some decent blocking. Starts in the trenches though.
Reply/Quote