Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We should be 4-0
(10-05-2017, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll see. By your logic...we'll finish the season like 11-5 or 10-6 with Lazor in as OC. We'll see if that happens.  Hilarious

You sure about that? Because my logic says that since our losses were primarliy due to poor offense, with Lazor being OC we would have won all 4 games we've played SO FAR.  Since, we haven't played any other games and we don't know why we lost whatever games we'll lose, then my logic would not apply.

I could see us making the playoffs, but I could also see us NOT making the playoffs (the latter is what I prefer if it means getting rid of Lewis). With that said, if we DID finish 10-6 or 11-5, I look forward to the bullshit excuses you will come up with why Lazor or Dalton or whomever doesn't deserve credit. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You sure about that? Because my logic says that since our losses were primarliy due to poor offense, with Lazor being OC we would have won all 4 games we've played SO FAR.  Since, we haven't played any other games and we don't know why we lost whatever games we'll lose, then my logic would not apply.

Are you saying we lost the GB game with Lazor as our OC but we should have won it because it wasn't fair that he wasn't the OC all season and was therefore placed behind the eight ball?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 09:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: But this is what people do when their team is 1-3, has it's only win against the worst team in the league and the team's owner is named Mike Brown. Welcome to the 1990s all over again.

Come on Chris, it isn't the 90's for heck sake. We have one of the best Defenses in the NFL, a good QB, a great WR,
a great DT, a great LB, very good pass rushers and a good Secondary with decent RB's. Nothing like the 90's when
we were the laughing stock of the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You sure about that? Because my logic says that since our losses were primarliy due to poor offense, with Lazor being OC we would have won all 4 games we've played SO FAR.  Since, we haven't played any other games and we don't know why we lost whatever games we'll lose, then my logic would not apply.

I could see us making the playoffs, but I could also see us NOT making the playoffs (the latter is what I prefer if it means getting rid of Lewis). With that said, if we DID finish 10-6 or 11-5, I look forward to the bullshit excuses you will come up with why Lazor or Dalton or whomever doesn't deserve credit. ThumbsUp

So you think changing OC's would have made us 4-0? Yet you welcome not making playoffs because you think the HC is the issue?

That makes no sense. IF Marvin is the issue, then we wouldn't be 4-0 by changing OC as Lewis was still here.

It's all fuzzy logic anyways. We're 1-3. Yeah IF we scored more points we may have won more...but we didn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you saying we lost the GB game with Lazor as our OC but we should have won it because it wasn't fair that he wasn't the OC all season and was therefore placed behind the eight ball?  

That's precisely what he was saying. That giving Lazor an entire offseason would have made him implement a good offense.

We'll never know. We do know that what he did worked in the 1st half against GB and not in the 2nd half...so he had atleast enough time to implement a half of good offense.

We'll see how he does going forward. Buffalo is a big test.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you saying we lost the GB game with Lazor as our OC but we should have won it because it wasn't fair that he wasn't the OC all season and was therefore placed behind the eight ball?  

No, I'm saying had this been his 3rd game instead of his first, the offense would've performed even better for a variety of reasons - player confidence, OC having more a feel for what to expect from his players, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on Chris, it isn't the 90's for heck sake. We have one of the best Defenses in the NFL, a good QB, a great WR,
a great DT, a great LB, very good pass rushers and a good Secondary with decent RB's. Nothing like the 90's when
we were the laughing stock of the NFL...

Yes, I understand all that and you are correct. We did have some good players on the team in the 90s.

What reminds me of the 90s is the arrogance of the front office. How they could not have planned for the OL being a mess is beyond reason. They drafted Ogbuehi in the 1st and rather than just admit the mistake and move on, they have saddled the team him. Same for Bodine who is in the final year of his rookie deal and has never even rated being "decent." Yet here we are.

Right after the draft I said the 1st round pick reminded me of how the team drafted in 90s. In 2017 they were desperate for speed on the outside so spent their top 10 pick on an often injured player.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think changing OC's would have made us 4-0?

Changing them in the offseason and everything else being the same, yes.

(10-05-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yet you welcome not making playoffs because you think the HC is the issue?

Not in our losses this year. But, in our inability to win a playoff game, yes.

(10-05-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That makes no sense. IF Marvin is the issue, then we wouldn't be 4-0 by changing OC as Lewis was still here.

Where did I say Marvin was the issue in us losing the first 3 games? I'm pretty sure I've repeatedly stated that the issue was the offense.

I really wish people would argue against the things I actually said and not the things they THINK I said.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 03:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I'm saying had this been his 3rd game instead of his first, the offense would've performed even better for a variety of reasons - player confidence, OC having more a feel for what to expect from his players, etc.

Could be.  We shall see if the Lazor offense remains sharp when teams have tape on it, I guess.  Onward, ho!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 03:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Could be.  We shall see if the Lazor offense remains sharp when teams have tape on it, I guess.  Onward, ho!

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor would have instilled the confidence and magic 'Angels In the Outfield' powers into Andy Dalton in Games 1 and 2.

Dalton, through the divine intervention of Lazor, would have not missed 10 wide open receivers, thrown 4 picks, fumbled, and been the worst QB in NFL football over the first 2 weeks of the season.

It pretty obvious, the Bengals would be 4 and 0. If you haters don't agree, then you must hate Angels and God.

It's pretty sad that you want to risk eternal damnation instead of just understanding that we should be 4 and 0.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah but they could actually run the ball and play ball control. That's not how we're built.

You're better than to resort to personal attacks too.

It was a joke...lighten up, Francis
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 04:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was a joke...lighten up, Francis

All of your posts are comically misinformed and incorrect. 

Yikes.  You spend a lot of time trying to understand football.  You should move to a new sport.  If I were wrong as much as you, i'd try womens soccer.  lol 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 04:39 PM)section105 Wrote: All of your posts are comically misinformed and incorrect. 

Yikes.  You spend a lot of time trying to understand football.  You should move to a new sport.  If I were wrong as much as you, i'd try womens soccer.  lol 

Banhammer twirling....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 04:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Banhammer twirling....

Banhammer STRIKE!   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Banhammer STRIKE!   Smirk

Bwahahahaha, YES!!!  See ya, d-bag!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 03:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yes, I understand all that and you are correct. We did have some good players on the team in the 90s.

What reminds me of the 90s is the arrogance of the front office. How they could not have planned for the OL being a mess is beyond reason. They drafted Ogbuehi in the 1st and rather than just admit the mistake and move on, they have saddled the team him. Same for Bodine who is in the final year of his rookie deal and has never even rated being "decent." Yet here we are.

Right after the draft I said the 1st round pick reminded me of how the team drafted in 90s. In 2017 they were desperate for speed on the outside so spent their top 10 pick on an often injured player.

I agree with you on the O-line, they should of atleast brought Whit back and drafted a Center somewhere better
than Dielman for sure. I wouldn't put the Ross pick in this statement though, we needed a speedy WR and Ross is
much more than just that if he can get healthy. There was not a LT at 9 that would of helped us as we have seen
with the likes of Cam Robinson who has sucked as well as a rookie.

This season is not over yet and i want to see Ross get some playing time before we just call him a bust. He played
through injuries in college, he is a tough kid and he is only a rookie. I know you didn't call him a bust but some on
here have and they didn't like the pick to begin with and are a bit biased against the man.

Was talking to RRL about this in another thread. The problem is we are trying a Zone Blocking Scheme and Bodine
doesn't fit a ZBS and Boling has too much on his plate with the players around him. Maybe Hopkins coming back a
change at Center using TJ Johnson and moving Andre and Fisher to the Tackle spots accordingly will help.

Still think the biggest problem with Fisher is how much we have moved him around. Should of had him start at RT
last season above Og who was clearly not ready. Who knows how much better Fisher would be at RT right now if
we did this.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 04:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Banhammer twirling....

[Image: 1685009-banhammer.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with you on the O-line, they should of atleast brought Whit back and drafted a Center somewhere better
than Dielman for sure. I wouldn't put the Ross pick in this statement though, we needed a speedy WR and Ross is
much more than just that if he can get healthy. There was not a LT at 9 that would of helped us as we have seen
with the likes of Cam Robinson who has sucked as well as a rookie.

This season is not over yet and i want to see Ross get some playing time before we just call him a bust. He played
through injuries in college, he is a tough kid and he is only a rookie. I know you didn't call him a bust but some on
here have and they didn't like the pick to begin with and are a bit biased against the man.

Was talking to RRL about this in another thread. The problem is we are trying a Zone Blocking Scheme and Bodine
doesn't fit a ZBS and Boling has too much on his plate with the players around him. Maybe Hopkins coming back a
change at Center using TJ Johnson and moving Andre and Fisher to the Tackle spots accordingly will help.

Still think the biggest problem with Fisher is how much we have moved him around. Should of had him start at RT
last season above Og who was clearly not ready. Who knows how much better Fisher would be at RT right now if
we did this.

I'm not calling Ross a bust. I am saying that the team reached, when there were more talented players there. I would not have taken an OT with the #9 pick either.

But, if we look back over the past couple of years there were centers available. We've needed more talent at center for years.

Reply/Quote
You can win in the NFL without a stellar running game. You have to get creative with your high-percentage short passes to drain the clock though or defense will start jumping routes.
Reply/Quote