Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still calling for Turner/Lou's head?
(10-09-2020, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fans are fickle. How many "Anybody but Marvin" folks wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with this roster?

No thanks. I’m not convinced ZT will work out, but he’s probably better suited for today’s NFL than Marvin. At least he’s offensive minded, and somewhat aggressive. Would Marvin ever have went for it 5x on 4th down in one game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No. The Jags are a bad D line. As for Lou, once again points in the last two minutes. This time they had 56 seconds, no timeouts and got to the one.

But the bengals are a bad offensive line. I do t get this argument.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
They’ve been in all these games. Could very well be undefeated right now (or 3-1).

Lou has come up big on some fourth downs/red zone stops. I don’t have stats or a reliable memory for that matter, but his pass defense is pretty good and I believe (or probably better put- hope), the run defense is improving. Overall, the defense isnt bad but should be much better because there’s definitely talent on that side of the ball.

Also, once Lawson is on the field more, with any luck the run defense improves leaps/bounds.

As others have said, Turner is playing the hand he’s dealt, but he’s trending upward as well. OL is a bizarre situation. Sometimes a one-off player sparks coagulation. But got dammit Bobby Hart!! Get your f***ing head on a swivel!!! ... And for the love of god- the play is not over til the whistle blows!!! You’ve got to be sick of hearing this by now ... every ... Monday ... morning!!!

I wonder if he’d be better inside- like pro bowl better?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Yes
Reply/Quote
Yes. They both suck. Why would anyone stick up for these guys?

I guess there's always someone claiming "chicken little" and thumbing their nose at other fans.

Keep up the good work, with our team who has won what... 3 games in 2 seasons?

We've beaten the Jets(7-9), Cleveland(6-10), and the Jags(1-3). ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals lose to the Ratbirds tomorrow then, yes, it’s time for a reset of the coaching staff. However, if they win, the hot seats Zac and Lou are currently sitting on just cooled down a little.
Reply/Quote
If this team wins 6 games don't expect changes.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:55 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Like the saying goes, "winning fixes everything", are we now cool with Turner/Lou? I haven't seen any real badmouthing them this week. Before the Jags win it was like both of them had run a train on everyone's sister, people were ready to burn their houses down. I just want to know if I'm still supposed to be mad or not?

As one of the ones that wanted to vomit after watching the first three weeks of his first 15 plays each game (the so-called scripted plays), I was really down on ZT from a play-calling standpoint.  Totally gave up on the run too early.  He used little to no misdirection.  Didn't throw to his back.  Blah, blah, blah...but this last game....He changed.  He started out bad because Green was timed at 15 MPH (which is crazy slow) and Burrow understandably overthrew that piss poor effort.  Three and out.  The rest of the game, though, he had balance and creativity.  Burrow wasn't a sitting duck in the same spot over and over again.  I would say he LEARNED or even IMPROVED.  Whatever the reason, he changed. 

I would sit and watch Marv stubbornly say "we just need to block and tackle better" and stick with the same boring formula.  At least Taylor showed some adaptation and improvement.  

This week will show a lot of us if Anarumo is worth keeping around if he and ZT's game against Jacksonville was because it was Jacksonville.

And that surrendering points right before the half shit has got to stop.  Tighten up that coverage.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 08:03 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: But the bengals are a bad offensive line. I do t get this argument.

Im agreeing they are bad, and the Jags are a worse D line. Something had to give.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 01:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: As one of the ones that wanted to vomit after watching the first three weeks of his first 15 plays each game (the so-called scripted plays), I was really down on ZT from a play-calling standpoint.  Totally gave up on the run too early.  He used little to no misdirection.  Didn't throw to his back.  Blah, blah, blah...but this last game....He changed.  He started out bad because Green was timed at 15 MPH (which is crazy slow) and Burrow understandably overthrew that piss poor effort.  Three and out.  The rest of the game, though, he had balance and creativity.  Burrow wasn't a sitting duck in the same spot over and over again.  I would say he LEARNED or even IMPROVED.  Whatever the reason, he changed. 

I would sit and watch Marv stubbornly say "we just need to block and tackle better" and stick with the same boring formula.  At least Taylor showed some adaptation and improvement.  

This week will show a lot of us if Anarumo is worth keeping around if he and ZT's game against Jacksonville was because it was Jacksonville.

And that surrendering points right before the half shit has got to stop.  Tighten up that coverage.  

I agree with all of this.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Genuine players demand genuine coaches.
Reply/Quote
What was that?
Reply/Quote
Hell I'm ready to promote Lou
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not sure what you would fault Lou with from today?

The offense was terrible and the T.O.P. was skewed horribly, yet his guys played their tails off and kept the Ravens from really going off.

7 points scored via fumble return and multiple short fields from turnovers.

I'm still over Turner and this entire O-line, but the defense still seems to be improving each week.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What was that?

Defense played well today. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure what you would fault Lou with from today?

The offense was terrible and the T.O.P. was skewed horribly, yet his guys played their tails off and kept the Ravens from really going off.

7 points scored via fumble return and multiple short fields from turnovers.

I'm still over Turner and this entire O-line, but the defense still seems to be improving each week.

(10-11-2020, 05:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Defense played well today. 

The Ravens took their foot of the gas after going up 17-0. Not a single designed QB run for the best running QB in the league. Andrews is still open in the end zone even now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Ravens took their foot of the gas after going up 17-0. Not a single designed QB run for the best running QB in the league. Andrews is still open in the end zone even now.

No they didn't.
Reply/Quote
The D played well today. At that if they would actually learn to CATCH INTs (a perennial Bengal problem) they would have had 4 of them not just 1, and one was a pretty easy pick six.

The OL was hot trash. Turner needs to go as a lot of this is right on him and ZT. These dumb zone schemes are clearly beyond the skillset of especially the Guards to execute and are causing a lot of the constant problem with unblocked defenders flying in. A BIG part of what makes a good coach/coordinator is tailoring the schemes to what the players can execute and as usual the Bengals are not doing that.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:28 PM)thillan Wrote: No they didn't.

Yes they did. They went run heavy and short passes after going up 17-0. Kept the clock running and shortened the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yes they did. They went run heavy and short passes after going up 17-0. Kept the clock running and shortened the game.

Dude just stop its okay to admit the Defense played well it won't kill you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote