Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still calling for Turner/Lou's head?
(10-11-2020, 05:34 PM)J24 Wrote: Dude just stop its okay to admit the Defense played well it won't kill you.

Gave up 332 yards, 6.7yds per carry and 17 points in just over 1 quarter to start the game. They gave good effort, but they still aren’t a good defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gave up 332 yards, 6.7yds per carry and 17 points in just over 1 quarter to start the game. They gave good effort, but they still aren’t a good defense.

1.) 332 yards isn't bad at all when the league average is 368 per a game.
2.) 3 points after the 14.56 left in the 2nd quarter.
3.) They held Lamar in check for under 200 total yards I'll take that and any Defense would.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not sold on Turner..Lou needs to prove consistency.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:54 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) 332 yards isn't bad at all when the league average is 368 per a game.
2.) 3 points after the 14.56 left in the 2nd quarter.
3.) They held Lamar in check for under 200 total yards I'll take that and any Defense would.

Jackson was hurt and didn’t practice all week. They didn’t hold him in check, the Baltimore coaches did by not running him and exposing him to further injury. The best running QB had zero designed runs today. This “defense was decent” narrative sounds an awful like last week’s Oline was “decent” take. The D looked competent because Jackson was not 100%, the Oline looked competent because Jacksonville has a terrible Dline, neither the D or the Oline are actually good. If they were we’d be able to say that about them every week, not just one offs against lower competition.

Update: Logan Wilson just said Jackson was not himself today and looked slowed by his knee injury.
Reply/Quote
Ive had it up to my eyeballs with Turner. No excuses. Piss poor football coach.

There has got to be an Oline "whisperer" out there in the College, hell even High School ranks somewhere in this country.

Find him...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Hey-hey! Ho-ho! Turner has got to go! Hey-hey, ho-ho, he's gotta go!!"

I'll be down on the corner of Pete Rose & Central for the rest of the week protesting. Feel free to join me, but bring your own posters and megaphone, I'm not running a charity protest here. Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:06 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: "Hey-hey! Ho-ho! Turner has got to go! Hey-hey, ho-ho, he's gotta go!!"

I'll be down on the corner of Pete Rose & Central for the rest of the week protesting. Feel free to join me, but bring your own posters and megaphone, I'm not running a charity protest here. Wink

While I 100% want Turner gone, the question still remains: Is there actually enough talent at the O-line spot to be coached up?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I 100% want Turner gone, the question still remains: Is there actually enough talent at the O-line spot to be coached up?

Maybe, maybe not, but we won’t find out with Turner still here. Not to mention these are “his” guys, he reminded us of that two weeks ago with his Hart rant. If he isn’t fired, the team will continue to sign/draft “his” guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 08:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This is a 3 win coaching staff. Don't forget that. They've yet to beat a team with a winning record. They've been bad against bad teams. They've looked extremely bad against good teams.

This team needs many more wins for this staff to be worthy of keeping around.

Just realize that Marvin got 6 wins out of a team that started Driskel for 5 games in a season that also lost AJ for something like 7 games and it was the pre-injury AJ, not the slow, rusty AJ. The current roster is better than what Marvin had that year so this staff should have more than 6 wins if they are worth keeping.

Everything I said after last week's win is still true after this week's loss.

(10-10-2020, 12:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If this team wins 6 games don't expect changes.

There's 11 games left in the regular season. What 5 games do you see them winning?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe, maybe not, but we won’t find out with Turner still here. Not to mention these are “his” guys, he reminded us of that two weeks ago with his Hart rant. If he isn’t fired, the team will continue to sign/draft “his” guys.

I want him gone and he better not be here next year drafting more of "his" guys, my question was actually along those lines of can anyone coach up his guys? We might need 4 or 5 new starters plus a line coach.

I want to hope Williams will pan out and his mistakes are just being a rookie essentially in the league. I want to believe Trey Hopkins will be able to hold down the center spot. But, I've been watching this team long enough to know that these situations usually don't play out in our favor.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Everything I said after last week's win is still true after this week's loss.

There's 11 games left in the regular season. What 5 games do you see them winning?

Cowboys Texans Washington giants dolphins are all winnable games. Colts maybe
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Jackson was hurt and didn’t practice all week. They didn’t hold him in check, the Baltimore coaches did by not running him and exposing him to further injury. The best running QB had zero designed runs today. This “defense was decent” narrative sounds an awful like last week’s Oline was “decent” take. The D looked competent because Jackson was not 100%, the Oline looked competent because Jacksonville has a terrible Dline, neither the D or the Oline are actually good. If they were we’d be able to say that about them every week, not just one offs against lower competition.

Update: Logan Wilson just said Jackson was not himself today and looked slowed by his knee injury.
Except it's nothing like the offensive line because the Defense has actually been good at things coming into the Ravens game.
Their top 10 in QB rating, passing yards per attempt, and completion percentage.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I want him gone and he better not be here next year drafting more of "his" guys, my question was actually along those lines of can anyone coach up his guys? We might need 4 or 5 new starters plus a line coach.

I want to hope Williams will pan out and his mistakes are just being a rookie essentially in the league. I want to believe Trey Hopkins will be able to hold down the center spot. But, I've been watching this team long enough to know that these situations usually don't play out in our favor.

I think the following guys do have enough talent to start:
Williams
Hopkins

Jury still out on:
Jordan
Adeniji

So I think we agree regardless of the next coach, better players are needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:30 PM)J24 Wrote: Except it's nothing like the offensive line because the Defense has actually been good at things coming into the Ravens game.
Their top 10 in QB rating, passing yards per attempt, and completion percentage.

Because teams just run all over us and they don’t have to pass. The QB’s we’ve faced aren’t the best passers in the league either. Luckily the best passing QB we’re likely to face this year is either Big Ben or Watson. We got a lucky schedule not having to face the likes of Wilson, Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Cowboys Texans Washington giants dolphins are all winnable games. Colts maybe

Winnable - yes. But that was also said about San Diego, Cleveland and Phili, which netted 0 wins.

But in the end, this coaching has been out coached on a consistent basis in their first 21 games. Not every game, but certainly the majority of them. They are a 3 win staff.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Winnable - yes. But that was also said about San Diego, Cleveland and Phili, which netted 0 wins.

But in the end, this coaching has been out coached on a consistent basis in their first 21 games. Not every game, but certainly the majority of them. They are a 3 win staff.

Those were winnable meaning they were within one score of winning.

Those 5 games are winnable. The defense is showing signs of life. Those look a bit better if they keep improving.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Because teams just run all over us and they don’t have to pass. The QB’s we’ve faced aren’t the best passers in the league either. Luckily the best passing QB we’re likely to face this year is either Big Ben or Watson. We got a lucky schedule not having to face the likes of Wilson, Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers.

We literally just held the MVP in check today.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)J24 Wrote: We literally just held the MVP in check today.

Except my post was about the best passers in the league...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I 100% want Turner gone, the question still remains: Is there actually enough talent at the O-line spot to be coached up?

If there is we already know Turner can't find it, so time to try something else. He wanted these guys, he needs to be accountable. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:44 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Those were winnable meaning they were within one score of winning.

Those 5 games are winnable. The defense is showing signs of life. Those look a bit better if they keep improving.

Your hope factor is quite high. This staff has never gotten the team to consistently play to it's skill level. I see little reason to believe they've some how figured that out.

Reply/Quote