Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
(12-02-2021, 06:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This thread is when you're like a pre-adolescent and you give random numbers/metrics to things that are constructed in your own head, without anything on the planet to substantiate it.

you are 3745% correct there  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 06:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Idk if this a reference to DBZ power levels, but if it is I approve.

100% DBZ. Good ole Vegeta, Prince of all Second Places
Reply/Quote
If Joe Mixon and the Oline couldn't run the ball very well Joe Burrow would have eye popping stats and we might have had 3 1000 yard receivers, but they do and they don't..Do run the ball well and don't have 3 1000 yard receivers.. This is actually a good problem to have, 5-6 guys, maybe  more who can catch most anything thrown their way, but a running back pounding defenses to dust so the receivers main jobs has become that of blocking really well..and catching passes really well when called upon to do it..
I've never played the position of QB so my knowledge of it is limited to TVland, jabbering talking heads, etc, but from what I do know it's his job to know what the defense is up to and to scheme around them on the fly, running and passing downs.. He's pretty good at it and going to just get better barring more serious injuries..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, one rabbit stew coming right up........

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Experience coming off injury usually it takes 3 years for QB's to fully develop. Haven't seen a game yet where he puts it all together. With his intelligence and field vision being his greatest attribute he needs experience more than most.

I'd say the Ravens game was putting it all together.. I still don't think the knee is 100% yet...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Year 3 isn’t even a ceiling. Usually by year 3 you can tell if you have a career backup/starter/pro bowler/etc but even then guys get better. People are never a finished product. Tom Brady was good in year 3 but he continued to get better for several years. Slightly over one full season of play from Burrow, we have no idea what his ceiling will be, but it will be fun to watch as long as he stays off the stretcher

I think Tommy boy is still getting better,  unfortunately.... He does lead the league in TDs...
Reply/Quote
As much as I want Joe Burrow to smash all type of passing records a healthy balance of run/pass is what builds a winner.

I know the Tom Brady comparison gets thrown around a lot and while Brady has the records it has taken him extra years to get those stats. As fans we want the Super Bowls!!!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to put % on it (because I would have no idea what % I would use), but I will say this: Burrow has improved massively over last year and even early this year.

He still needs to be more cognizant of throwing the ball away instead of pushing a bad angle and throwing a pick. I don't want to take away his aggressiveness (although that is exactly what it sounds like, so it is a fine line), but just play a bit safer and live to fight another down.

Maybe elevate those screen passes that keep becoming near or actual INTs.

That's about it. He is getting his mobility and confidence back when he is a runner, and he is amazing at diagnosing the matchups.

I think his production will only go up as teams now have to account for a serious rushing attack. He surely soared down the final 6 games at LSU including the playoffs, so that is ultra-exciting.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 06:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This thread is when you're like a pre-adolescent and you give random numbers/metrics to things that are constructed in your own head, without anything on the planet to substantiate it.

I've read that 87% of statistics on the Internet are made up.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 09:56 AM)Earendil Wrote: I've read that 87% of statistics on the Internet are made up.

lol  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Burrow will learn and just get better no question.

We don't know how good he could end up being if the OL keeps improving.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:43 AM)Tony Wrote: I'd say the Ravens game was putting it all together.. I still don't think the knee is 100% yet...

He is still throwing that 1 ugly pick a game in his good performances.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 03:33 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He is still throwing that 1 ugly pick a game in his good performances.

Yes, this is what he needs to clean up no doubt about it. There is no excuse for this with his vision and accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this is what he needs to clean up no doubt about it. There is no excuse for this with his vision and accuracy.

Last week for example 20 -24 is amazing but the 1 pick
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 03:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Most guys usually hit their prime within 3 seasons in the NFL, so while he didn't have a full year last year he still had the meetings and such. I am probably going to guess that by the end of next season we will have a pretty good idea of what he is and will be.

I think potential is a better word than prime. Some guys stay in their prime for years and years. Some guys like Joe flacco’s prime was a 3 or 4 game stretch.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 09:56 AM)Earendil Wrote: I've read that 87% of statistics on the Internet are made up.

Reminds me of an Abraham Lincoln quote I read once 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 05:51 PM)wanga Wrote: Reminds me of an Abraham Lincoln quote I read once 

[Image: 2ca3e132ba5911594f86dd90c44f4810.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Haha that’s the one
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 04:49 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think potential is a better word than prime. Some guys stay in their prime for years and years. Some guys like Joe flacco’s prime was a 3 or 4 game stretch.

The guys that don't have to depend on a rocket arm to be good generally last longer.
Reply/Quote

[Image: wJB4SAR.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote