Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
(12-08-2021, 12:55 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: My bad. I guess I remembered that wrong.

Well, it's been oh...23 years since Peyton was a rookie?

I suppose I can forgive ya for forgetting. Just this once.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: He’s starting to lose me with some of his dumb turnovers. Starting to give
Me Carson vibes.

I am praying that he can play like Carson Palmer.

In '05 and '06 Palmer had more passing TDs than any QB in the league, the third most yards, and second highest passer rating.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:55 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: My bad. I guess I remembered that wrong.

Prolly cause his first year was REALLY rough. They went 3-13 and he threw a ton of picks.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: He’s starting to lose me with some of his dumb turnovers. Starting to give
Me Carson vibes.

Do you like anything about the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Me Carson vibes.

Maybe Hue Jackson will take Burrow off our hands.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you like anything about the Bengals?

I like Kevin Huber.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 06:48 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I like Kevin Huber.

All the Legit stars we have and you say Huber? I think the other posters are right.. This is a troll account..
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 03:15 PM)M.W. Wrote: Joe Burrow has all the tools to be a HOF QB.  If the Bengals surround him with good players the sky is the limit.

But they have surrounded him with great players.  

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am praying that he can play like Carson Palmer.

In '05 and '06 Palmer had more passing TDs than any QB in the league, the third most yards, and second highest passer rating.

Sure… just without the perplexing picks. Every time Burrow makes a throw out of pocket or when he’s clearly trying some highlight tier stuff I clench my cheeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 06:50 PM)Tony Wrote: All the Legit stars we have and you say Huber? I think the other posters are right.. This is a troll account..

I like players who are consistently good. He’s never been god awful so he stays in my good spirits.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am praying that he can play like Carson Palmer.

I think he's talking about the Palmer who threw 20 INTs in 2007 and 2010.

CP was borderline elite, but he was also very INT prone by modern standards.

I think what he's trying to say is that Burrow is showing that borderline elite ability, but is throwing too many picks...ala Palmer. I agree.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 07:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he's talking about the Palmer who threw 20 INTs in 2007 and 2010.

I think what he's trying to say is that Burrow is showing that borderline elite ability, but is throwing too many picks...ala Palmer. I agree.

Now now don’t bring reasonable inferences and context into this thread. How else will fast fried Freddy cook up some obscene stats to obfuscate stuff?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 07:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he's talking about the Palmer who threw 20 INTs in 2007 and 2010.

I will say Burrow throwing that INT in the end zone against the Chargers did look like one of those 2010 games where it was clear the game-winning drives weren't coming so easily this time around. 

Ok, all we need to do is score a touchdown and two point conversion right here and then if we stop them, we have time to get the ball back and ........ahhh dammit, what was he thinking throwing THAT?!!
Reply/Quote
We will never see Joe Burrow’s ceiling as long as he keeps landing violently on the floor.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 10:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We will never see Joe Burrow’s ceiling as long as he keeps landing violently on the floor.

yep and hopefully this years offseason moves proves its a priority to try and protect JB more in the future.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Love these little slow-mo tracking shots of Burrow’s ball placement. Even with a busted pinky finger his accuracy was just crazy.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 07:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he's talking about the Palmer who threw 20 INTs in 2007 and 2010.

Maybe so.

I forgot I was talking to one of those guys who ignores everything positive that ever happened with this team.  I mean even Ken Anderson sucks if you ignore the 4 times he led the league in passer rating and instead just remember how he played from '77-'80.

(12-08-2021, 07:43 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Now now don’t bring reasonable inferences and context into this thread. How else will fast fried Freddy cook up some obscene stats to obfuscate stuff?

See what I mean?  Just the mention of a Bengal doing something positive is considered "obscene"
Reply/Quote
To the OP.

I hope you're right and we haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet, but he's been showing signs that are starting to creep in a little concern for me. 1. He seems to be staring down his target before he throws. 2. The interceptions are getting a little concerning. Even though, I realize, a good percentage of those were tipped balls or miscommunication, there is still that head scratcher he throws to frequently. 3. The last thing I've been seeing recently is he seems to be hearing footsteps in the pocket and giving up on the play before anyone touches him. I haven't seen this last one a lot, but enough that I'm bringing it up.

I'm hoping these things are just a blip in his HOF career and he gets them worked out. I was extremely excited when we drafted him and I still believe he can be our GOAT.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:14 AM)Mer Wrote: To the OP.

I hope you're right and we haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet, but he's been showing signs that are starting to creep in a little concern for me. 1. He seems to be staring down his target before he throws. 2. The interceptions are getting a little concerning. Even though, I realize, a good percentage of those were tipped balls or miscommunication, there is still that head scratcher he throws to frequently. 3. The last thing I've been seeing recently is he seems to be hearing footsteps in the pocket and giving up on the play before anyone touches him. I haven't seen this last one a lot, but enough that I'm bringing it up.

I'm hoping these things are just a blip in his HOF career and he gets them worked out. I was extremely excited when we drafted him and I still believe he can be our GOAT.

He's only in year 2, with a shortened year 1. Why are we even discussing if he's hit his ceiling? Lunacy... sheer lunacy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's only in year 2, with a shortened year 1. Why are we even discussing if he's hit his ceiling? Lunacy... sheer lunacy

Every player should get better every year.  So technically you could say that we never see his ceiling.

But I don't really know of any great QBs who made big significant improvements after two years as a starter.  Burrow should continue to improve on some small things, but nothing close to a 40%+ increase like the OP is talking about.
Reply/Quote