Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson
Tanner Hudson has been signed to the 53 man roster. LB Clay Johnston who was among the final cuts in August has been signed to the PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: Tanner Hudson has been signed to the 53 man roster.  LB Clay Johnston who was among the final cuts in August has been signed to the PS

Hell yes.

#HudsonSZN
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thank you! I wonder if this move was a "Burrow trusts this guy" move?
Reply/Quote
Taylor was also asked today about Tanner's promotion and involvement moving forward.
He said Tanner earned getting to the active roster, it wasn't just a team need.
He also said that if he happens to be active on gamedays, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that they find a way to get him some snaps.

Right now, I think TE and LG are the two spots with the biggest opportunity for someone new to push out a starter, so Hudson is coming into a perfect opportunity.
Would love to see him emerge as the starter by season's end and even possibly get re-signed if he's shown enough both as a pass catcher and run blocker.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just what I wanted to hear. Hudson needs to be used, really like this guy as a pass catcher and been waiting to see him
come in and get a shot with Irv fumbling and Drew's stone hands. Also nice to see Clay Johnston back on the team. I still
remember his great play tackling King Henry for a stop on that 2 point conversion in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Thank you! I wonder if this move was a "Burrow trusts this guy" move?

Doubtful, as Burrow didn't play any in the preseason, but Hudson did play and I'm excited for him to get a shot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Doubtful, as Burrow didn't play any in the preseason, but Hudson did play and I'm excited for him to get a shot.

I think he meant because in Hudson's 2 games played, he has 4 receptions for 48 yards on 6 targets.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Thank you! I wonder if this move was a "Burrow trusts this guy" move?

I think it was a “nobody trusts that guy” move (looking at you #81)
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think he meant because in Hudson's 2 games played, he has 4 receptions for 48 yards on 6 targets.

Yeah, Burrow likes him, look out.  Mellow

(11-01-2023, 02:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think it was a “nobody trusts that guy” move (looking at you #81)

Same ha ha

Cannot fumble in the red zone like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think he meant because in Hudson's 2 games played, he has 4 receptions for 48 yards on 6 targets.

Oh yeah, duh...  How did I forget about that?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 03:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, duh...  How did I forget about that?

It's worth pointing out if Hudson would be able to average 24 yards or better through a whole season, that's a 400+ yard season.
I do personally believe Hudson could be a low-end starter if given the opportunity.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth pointing out if Hudson would be able to average 24 yards or better through a whole season, that's a 400+ yard season.
I do personally believe Hudson could be a low-end starter if given the opportunity.

Honestly, I'd just like to see Burrow hitting an open TE in stride a time or two, no matter who it is.  At least that would give defenses one more thing to worry about.  I pull for Hudson because he had a couple of decent catches in stride in the preseason, and I think that he will prove reliable.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we see Hudson out there in true pass scenarios and he gets targets that will indicate a lot.
Reply/Quote
Sweet!

It would be so nice to get a TE out there that worries opposing D's a bit. Our current guys don't move the needle much, if at all?

I believe he can develop into a TE #2 type.
Reply/Quote
Gratz Hudson take advantage of the opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 04:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sweet!

It would be so nice to get a TE out there that worries opposing D's a bit. Our current guys don't move the needle much, if at all?

I believe he can develop into a TE #2 type.

Believe so as well and we can draft a stud TE in the next Draft to be in front of him and keep Drew as our blocking TE.

The coaches evidently really liked Kincaid from what I heard so this might not be that far fetched.
Reply/Quote
Welcome news

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Marty used to say, "If you give a bench player enough playing time, you will find out why he's a bench player." That could be true here, but since they are getting next to nothing from Irv, might as well at least find out. He had a pretty productive game when he played.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Believe so as well and we can draft a stud TE in the next Draft to be in front of him and keep Drew as our blocking TE.

The coaches evidently really liked Kincaid from what I heard so this might not be that far fetched.

It might be worth pointing out that while guys like Kittle and Kelce were mid-round picks and turned into studs, they didn't set the league on fire immediately as rookie starters.

Kelce basically did nothing his rookie year, and Kittle only started 7 out of 15 games.
Darren Waller did basically nothing his first few years in the league.
Even Mark Andrews wasn't the primary TE his rookie year. He was splitting opportunities with Boyle and Hurst.

Only bringing this up because unless the Bengals take a 1st or 2nd round TE and force them into a high number of snaps, a draft pick may still be splitting time or serve purely as a backup TE and may take some more time to really emerge as a good starter.

If we want immediate contributions next year, we may instead want a veteran (e.g. Dalton Schultz) added if the Bengals aren't willing to invest an early pick into TE.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It might be worth pointing out that while guys like Kittle and Kelce were mid-round picks and turned into studs, they didn't set the league on fire immediately as rookie starters.

Kelce basically did nothing his rookie year, and Kittle only started 7 out of 15 games.
Darren Waller did basically nothing his first few years in the league.
Even Mark Andrews wasn't the primary TE his rookie year. He was splitting opportunities with Boyle and Hurst.

Only bringing this up because unless the Bengals take a 1st or 2nd round TE and force them into a high number of snaps, a draft pick may still be splitting time or serve purely as a backup TE and may take some more time to really emerge as a good starter.

If we want immediate contributions next year, we may instead want a veteran (e.g. Dalton Schultz) added if the Bengals aren't willing to invest an early pick into TE.

Based on what I heard they really liked Sam LaPorta. Of course not first round but I think they nab him in the second round. Myles Murphy has been a disappointment but the athleticism is there. He could still blossom.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote