Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
With all of Burrow’s turnovers, it would have been much easier to accept the loss had we not had a chance to win with a PAT or chip shot FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:10 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Next game will be a blowout with watt gone. This loss won’t end up amounting to much in the end.

The Steelers have a solid team this year, but losing watt is big because he puts their defense over the top.

I hope our snapper is healthy going forward! What a wild one! Lol

The loss puts us behind by more than a game for postseason because of the STUPID NFL policy of allowing Division games in Week One - back when there were more practices and another preseason game okay but with the current CBA it is putting games that mean way too much in week one when the game tend to be wild and wooly. 

That said, Zac directly cost us the game with the incredibly stupid decision not to play starters in. preseason. The ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE should have had a minimum of three series per game in each preseason game. Burrow was recovering from surgery but could have and should have taken full speed snaps in preseason. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:06 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The slow delay runs to mixon on the goal line suck. You need to plow straight ahead, it cost us.
Yeah that was pure stupidity
Reply/Quote
A lot of people wearing orange did a very bad job today. Some wear helmets and some wear caps.

Chase had 129 yards and a TD and still had a penalty that got the Steelers off of their own goal line.

Burrow was throwing to Boyd like he was trying to help him get a new contract.

Zac Taylor is who I thought he was.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: The loss puts us behind by more than a game for postseason because of the STUPID NFL policy of allowing Division games in Week One - back when there were more practices and another preseason game okay but with the current CBA it is putting games that mean way too much in week one when the game tend to be wild and wooly. 

That said, Zac directly cost us the game with the incredibly stupid decision not to play starters in. preseason. The ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE should have had a minimum of three series per game in each preseason game. Burrow was recovering from surgery but could have and should have taken full speed snaps in preseason. 

It’s one loss. I wouldn’t be worried.
Reply/Quote
It ain't the end of the world folks. Grass is still green in most places and air is still free. It's why my nose is so big..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:05 PM)Leon Wrote: he looked lost in th sb and like bad andy today. geez

Stop it.

He had a 100.9 passer rating in the Super Bowl. It was far from his best game, but he didn’t look “lost” either.

He was terrible today, with what is all likely just rust from missing so much time in TC (and no preseason). We don’t need to make it anything more than that.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Any word on Higgins? That was some cheap shot!

Concussion. Means he is back to full practice this week or he's gone until the snow starts falling. Those can go a bunch of ways. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:59 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Yes, but they weren't playing against a good offense. 

Did we even get a sack against that shitty line?
Reply/Quote
Honestly cannot believe what I've just watched.

I was going to type out an essay in reaction to today's game. But honestly, this forum could put a better prepared team together than the Bengals did today. I shouldn't be shocked, but I'm honestly astounded that we've gone from 'one play from SB winners' to the most Bungles loss I can remember... within ONE GAME.

Only plus I can think of is this gives these guys a giant kick up the arse, and if they go win in Dallas this is quickly forgotten. But my word, none of the team should receive a wage for this week. Coaching very much included. Give it all to charity guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:14 PM)bjf123 Wrote: With all of Burrow’s turnovers, it would have been much easier to accept the loss had we not had a chance to win with a PAT or chip shot FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is hard and largely wishful thinking to make broad generalizations, but I think it is safe to assume that if Clark Harris was healthy, the Bengals would have one. 
Reply/Quote
What happened on that final squealer drive where Cincy was offsides and Trubisky scramble and then threw? My stream went out right when he was releasing the ball
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Any word on Higgins? That was some cheap shot!

Concussion...Zac said he wanted to go back in at the half but of course couldn't.  We all know that with concussions it is entirely a guessing game how long the player will be out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:19 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: What happened on that final squealer drive where Cincy was offsides and Trubisky scramble and then threw? My stream went out right when he was releasing the ball

Big gain on that throw, eventual 53 yarder for bengals loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s one loss. I wouldn’t be worried.

I would favored in division and you lose, with a a terrible  game by your elite  QB
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stop it.

He had a 100.9 passer rating in the Super Bowl. It was far from his best game, but he didn’t look “lost” either.

He was terrible today, with what is all likely just rust from missing so much time in TC (and no preseason). We don’t need to make it anything more than that.

i guessed excuses from you but it dont change the facts. 
Reply/Quote
Ok let’s have a look at some positives:

Hurst looked great would have been even better if Burrow could throw to him wide open.

We should have won a game where we lost the ball 5 times.

Chase got over 100 and should have had 2 TD’s

Mixon found a couple of decent gaps and was inches away from breaking.

The defence looked solid I’d have liked to have seen a couple more sacks and turnovers but good enough.

It’s a bad loss and will bring us all back down to earth but a fit Higgins and a Burrow who doesn’t shit the bed next week and we are still in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Did we even get a sack against that shitty line?

BJ Hill apparently had a sack. Swear I don't remember it. My stream dropped a lot, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Big gain on that throw, eventual 53 yarder for bengals loss.

Yeah I figured.  My stream came back on with the Squealers on about the Cincy 45 after that a couple plays later
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Leon Wrote: last year has nothing to do with this year buddy

Not your buddy. Enjoy hating on our “woke” QB while you can, Tiger Blood. He won’t stay down for long.

Reply/Quote