Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 06:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure it does. Week one is often unpredictabl. And the Allen dick riding is already annoying. He’s had his fair shake of duds, but some people don’t want to have any perspective.

Brace yourself, the hot week 1 take if Herbert wins today is going to go back to the idea that we could have Herbert and like 4 first round picks right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That run last year changed nothing. No other franchise in the history of football could lose that game. Not one. They’re still the Bungles and I think that’s what they’ll always be.

If that game was in a movie the critics would roast it for being too ridiculous.

Not for us. Not for the Bungles. Curse is alive and kicking.

**** this and **** Taylor.

Burrow was just comical. He was picked off five ***** times. FIVE. In 2+ quarters.

I can't stand people like you. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure it does. Week one is often unpredictabl. And the Allen dick riding is already annoying. He’s had his fair shake of duds, but some people don’t want to have any perspective.

last year has nothing to do with this year buddy
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Zac Taylor just get a new contract?
Reply/Quote
steelers may have lost TJ Watt for a while possibly the season...they think he tore his pec

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't recall Zac throwing any picks, much less multiple picks that directly led to 10 points.

There is plenty of blame to go around, Zac deserves plenty of it but so does just about everyone else out there..

Wilcox sucked in his emergency roll. No one expects him to be great but when given 2 tries one should have been decent. That said, sample let the inside guy go on the blocked XP.

Collins didn’t get his hands on Watt directly leading to an identical int by Watt as his older brother got against us 10 years ago in the Texans playoff game because an OL didn’t even touch him.

Burrow didn’t throw to Hurst wide open deep down the seam multiple times. One time he didn’t throw to him, then came right back the next play and forced it to Boyd in the same spot for a pick. Then ran hurry up after the Chase non-TD that shoulda been before we could get a look to challenge.

Volson with a stupid false start at home inside the 5 yard line. Messed up a couple of blocks too. Overall about what you expect from a rookie, he’ll get it together.

Team was unprepared week one and making tons of stupid decisions. That’s on Zac and I believe he clearly should have had these starters in one preseason game at minimum. OL clearly took time to start to gel which could have been done in preseason. Non-TD should have been challenged. I blame burrow for rushing it but he could have said screw it and challenged anyway. Have to make quick decisions when the other team is rushing to get a play off. Some very predictable plays out there running on first down when both teams know it’s coming.

It was ugly all around. Bright side is we still almost won with terrible play and horrendous luck and a LS injury that had me as nervous about LS as I was when we had Brad St. Louis. They got tons of stuff on tape to correct and all of it can be easily corrected.

Hopefully they don’t overlook WR depth any longer and get a reliable vet for #4 WR. Been saying it all offseason and it’s already reared it’s ugly head week 1. Clean up stupid penalties. Chase taunting was nearly a game ender and very stupid. Clean up o line communication and chemistry which will happen with time. Get a healthy long snapper. They went with the old vet over the younger guy. Old vet got hurt week one. Bring in the young guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Leon Wrote: last year has nothing to do with this year buddy

Please don't say that, I have faith this team/franchise isn't a total mess because of last year. 
Reply/Quote
Again I ask, did Burrow throw any balls away? Don’t think so, took too many sacks and lost yardage and fumbles.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)WhoDey Wrote: I can't stand people like you. 

why cause he dares to express an opinion that aint yours  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: This might not be the Bengals season guys...

Really? 
Reply/Quote
Plain sloppy ..Nobody wants to say it, but  steelers d other than dirty shots played really well for the most part.  The worst part. TERRYL Austin is their DC..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Next game will be a blowout with watt gone. This loss won’t end up amounting to much in the end.

The Steelers have a solid team this year, but losing watt is big because he puts their defense over the top.

I hope our snapper is healthy going forward! What a wild one! Lol
Reply/Quote
Any word on Higgins? That was some cheap shot!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow and Baker sort of had the same game today.  Emotional game at home that they should have won, they come out playing like jobbers, then bring it back close enough to just get your heart broken at the very end.

Ah well....the Browns are still down a starting QB for 10 more weeks, the Steelers got a bunch of injuries, and the Ravens um...ruined Flakeo's revenge day?

Correction, multiple times.
Reply/Quote
I still depressingly laugh at the fact that our first two offensive snaps of the season were a sack and a pick six.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Folks will blame Zac to deflect blame from Joe, but some of those reads were terrible.  I have no clue why he kept trying to force feed the ball to a double covered Boyd.

A lot of the picks he threw last year were intended for Boyd, too. They need to just feed Chase like the premier WR that he is. 10-15 targets per game. That’s how guys like Kupp and Adams produce like they do.

Generally good things happen when you go to #1.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)WhoDey Wrote: I can't stand people like you. 

Ditto
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Leon Wrote: last year has nothing to do with this year buddy
Can't stand people that call people "buddy"
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:08 PM)Leon Wrote: why cause he dares to express an opinion that aint yours  Rolleyes

He’s a beta ponce. He can’t help it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:07 PM)pally Wrote: steelers may have lost TJ Watt for a while possibly the season...they think he tore his pec

Nice pass rusher they have there.. It would be a shame if something happens to him.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote