Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
That run last year changed nothing. No other franchise in the history of football could lose that game. Not one. They’re still the Bungles and I think that’s what they’ll always be.

If that game was in a movie the critics would roast it for being too ridiculous.

Not for us. Not for the Bungles. Curse is alive and kicking.

**** this and **** Taylor.

Burrow was just comical. He was picked off five ***** times. FIVE. In 2+ quarters.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And Huber screwed the pooch on that last FG hold. We did it on 3rd down in case it was a bad snap. He should have eaten that and tried again on 4th

EXACTLY, You would think our 50 year old punter who has been holding for 37 years would know this!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody who says anybody other than Joe Burrow lost this game for us, just ain't watching the game. It's OK, he'll win a lot more than he'll lose but he lost this one

Burrow and Baker sort of had the same game today.  Emotional game at home that they should have won, they come out playing like jobbers, then bring it back close enough to just get your heart broken at the very end.

Ah well....the Browns are still down a starting QB for 10 more weeks, the Steelers got a bunch of injuries, and the Ravens um...ruined Flakeo's revenge day?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Simmons should get a fair amount of blame for this one.  The Steelers got a big return when his pet boy Morgan got his lunch money taken as a gunner and we lost all contain to that side.  It's his job to either a) have a backup LS ready or b)inform the HC that we don't have a competent LS and we need to go for 2/TD's.  That snafu with Huber at the end where he could have burned another 14 seconds of clock and just wound up banging into the end zone was also terrible.

However, Burrow made bad decisions and kept turning the ball over.  We win easily without the turnovers.

No doubt the turnovers were the most important by a lot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Welcome to the cellar of the AFC North, such a familiar place. with the chicken shit playing and coaching.
Reply/Quote
This might not be the Bengals season guys...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Woulda been nice to start the season against a weak defense. I personally have never been for divisional games early in the season, and that would still be my opinion if the Bengals had won.

Yeah, I agree. Especially because of my last post. Divisional games are so important, they shouldn't begin until week 3 or 4. They should start with that 17th random game and then non conference before divisionals.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody who says anybody other than Joe Burrow lost this game for us, just ain't watching the game. It's OK, he'll win a lot more than he'll lose but he lost this one

Folks will blame Zac to deflect blame from Joe, but some of those reads were terrible.  I have no clue why he kept trying to force feed the ball to a double covered Boyd.
Reply/Quote
Burrow was pure trash

Can’t win when you’re QB is this trash
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Bengals dominate every category, including turnovers, and lose because of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Folks will blame Zac to deflect blame from Joe, but some of those reads were terrible.  I have no clue why he kept trying to force feed the ball to a double covered Boyd.

I’ve got plenty of blame for both. There’s no need to choose just one.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:02 PM)Over the top Wrote: EXACTLY, You would think our 50 year old punter who has been holding for 37 years would know this!!!

Kevin Huber probably thought the next snap might go over his head or doink him in the crotch.
Reply/Quote
Well that didn’t go as planned. Pitt came away banged up, but there’s no way we can face the other teams in the AFC playing like this. We had no business winning that game but gotta give ‘em credit for fighting back. Wish we would have challenged the goaline catch by Chase on the 2nd last drive. Was a TD. Wish we would have took more shots in the endzone instead of relying on a backup snapper on what might be the most crucial play in the whole game, the sync between a snapper and kicker. We had our chances and just flat out blew every one. Hopefully this sloppy ass play with be out of the way moving forward with better preparation and hopefully better blocking by the Oline, more penetration by the D line, and better vision and decisions by both Joe’s.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:02 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Welcome to the cellar of the AFC North, such a familiar place.  with the chicken shit playing and coaching.

Zac is horrible almost as bad as the O - Line Mike brown could pass block better. Zac did all he could to lose this game
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I might blame Huber a bit. Should have fallen in the snap in OT and should have ensured the punt snap wasn’t until a couple secs on the play clock

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:04 PM)Housh Wrote: Burrow was pure trash

Can’t win when you’re QB is this trash

he looked lost in th sb and like bad andy today. geez
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:58 PM)Leon Wrote: has nothing to do with this year and the bengals

Sure it does. Week one is often unpredictable.
And the Allen dick riding is already annoying. He’s had his fair shake of duds, but some people don’t want to have any perspective.

Reply/Quote
The slow delay runs to mixon on the goal line suck. You need to plow straight ahead, it cost us.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Folks will blame Zac to deflect blame from Joe, but some of those reads were terrible.  I have no clue why he kept trying to force feed the ball to a double covered Boyd.

Nobody is letting Joe off the hook. 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles (1 lost) and one that put them out of FG range. You take a delay of game on the punt. That’s the coach. I mean how aren’t you screaming that to everyone? Don’t go empty against a D like Pitt. For whatever reason, the offense was not ready to play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Fully expect to see Burrow get a matching scar on his other knee behind this ***** line and line coach.
Reply/Quote