Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
Anyone else want to comment on how we won the game in spite of the negative comments? No? You know why? Because we didn't win.

MANY missed opps, and sloppy gameplay. That's all there is to it. No deep analysis. That's just it.

Maybe next week they will have seen the folly of their ways, and improve. We can only hope. Otherwise...going to be a LOOONNNG season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Mike Shula 2.0

16-33-1

they made the sb cause of lou an the defense
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I honestly believe this is the result of the current CBA. Limited practices, limited preseason games…the first few weeks are always sloppy and ugly and usually not an indication of how the season will go.

Burrow will clean it up and the Bengals will be fine.

Mahommes looks amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Just got home from work, did I miss anything?

A badly botched abortion.. The mother is currently in the ICU.. and decided to never have sex again.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:52 PM)Leon Wrote: 16-33-1

they made the sb cause of lou an the defense

That's the elephant in the room.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I honestly believe this is the result of the current CBA. Limited practices, limited preseason games…the first few weeks are always sloppy and ugly and usually not an indication of how the season will go.

Burrow will clean it up and the Bengals will be fine.

Woulda been nice to start the season against a weak defense. I personally have never been for divisional games early in the season, and that would still be my opinion if the Bengals had won.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Speechless:

Burrow with the turnovers
Taylor not challenging the Chase TD
Huber not letting the clock run down and then proceeding to boot it in to the end zone.

We got what we deserved today way too sloppy, you can say with how high the snap was for the second kick Huber should have just fell on it and tried again.

Gutted.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This loss belongs to Zac. That is all.

He needed to challenge the Ja’Marr Chase reception at the goal line. Even Bengal-hater Gene Steratore said it was a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
Why did the dumb ass bengals punt with 17 seconds on play clock?

I’m normal circumstances they would have taken the penalty to give punter more room

I can’t recall Marvin doing something this stupid.

Taylor was pathetic today.
Reply/Quote
Bad play calling in the red zone cost us points and the game
Reply/Quote
If this is gonna be the offense healthy then idc about singing Tee or Boyd. Not like either will be able to do shit against good teams

I’d rather resign all the defensive players
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:52 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Anyone else want to comment on how we won the game in spite of the negative comments? No? You know why? Because we didn't win.

MANY missed opps, and sloppy gameplay. That's all there is to it. No deep analysis. That's just it.

Maybe next week they will have seen the folly of their ways, and improve. We can only hope. Otherwise...going to be a LOOONNNG season.

the steelers aint even a very good team but we was even worse. just sad an burrow lookd like bad andy today
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If we were playing a good team we woulda got our buts completely kicked.. we beat ourselves today

Eh, I’d say Watt had a little to do with it.

Reply/Quote
1-26 now!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> are 1-25 when trailing after 3Q under Zac Taylor</p>&mdash; Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1569041379015245824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:52 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Anyone else want to comment on how we won the game in spite of the negative comments? No? You know why? Because we didn't win.

I might blame Huber a bit. Should have fallen in the snap in OT and should have ensured the punt snap wasn’t until a couple secs on the play clock
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Speechless:

Burrow with the turnovers
Taylor not challenging the Chase TD
Huber not letting the clock run down and then proceeding to boot it in to the end zone.

We got what we deserved today way too sloppy, you can say with how high the snap was for the second kick Huber should have just fell on it and tried again.

Gutted.

(09-11-2022, 05:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He needed to challenge the Ja’Marr Chase reception at the goal line. Even Bengal-hater Gene Steratore said it was a touchdown.

The challenge was on Joe. He ran hurry up for no reason. Zac has to wait for our guys in the booth to get a look at it and tell him if there is a view to overturn it. Joe didn’t give any time for that, not sure what he was thinking but that was a rookie mistake
Reply/Quote
For being one of the most lopsided games of the year (Steelers +5 on TOs and +6 on sacks) that was the closest game possible. That's why NFL is king.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Taylor, Burrow, etc...all overconfident too.
Reply/Quote
New season….same shit. Thanks Zach.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This loss belongs to Zac. That is all.

I don't recall Zac throwing any picks, much less multiple picks that directly led to 10 points.
Reply/Quote