Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
Burrow looked like a rookie. Now it’s time to learn how teams will treat the “defending afc champs”. Gotta play way better if you want to make the playoffs this year. Amazing how many injuries we had considering how healthy we were last year. Mixon has to learn to stiff arm, that long 4th down run converted to fg was disappointing on top of it all.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I’d say Watt had a little to do with it.

Na. The Bengals put themselves in a position where that mattered.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I reminded me of a classic bad Bengals loss.

Meanwhile Allen and Mahommes look like stars.

Allen lost to an even worse Steelers squad last season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor, Burrow, etc...all overconfident too.

both stunk today. just embassing
Reply/Quote
A positive:
Defense did well, IMO. No massive flashes or anything, but considering they held up.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This loss belongs to Zac. That is all.

Pretty sure he didn’t tell Burrow to turn the ball over 5x.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The challenge was on Joe. He ran hurry up for no reason. Zac has to wait for our guys in the booth to get a look at it and tell him if there is a view to overturn it. Joe didn’t give any time for that, not sure what he was thinking but that was a rookie mistake

Who’s the head coach Burrow or Taylor ffs how many times did burrow audible today? It must have been 20z

There’s trusting your qb and letting him take the piss Taylor is the latter today and I hope there are words had in that locker room tonight
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mahommes looks amazing. 

Yea well he crapped the bed when it counted last year so meh.  

We can still win this division, but the Browns and Ravens winning their cupcake games today doesn't help. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: For being one of the most lopsided games of the year (Steelers +5 on TOs and +6 on sacks) that was the closest game possible. That's why NFL is king.

It was a really weird game. In truth Bengals shouldn’t have been close. Steelers weak run defense forgot to show up. The D is legit. Steelers O will have to get a lot better if they want to compete. Can’t count on five TOs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Allen lost to an even worse Steelers squad last season.

has nothing to do with this year and the bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This loss belongs to Zac. That is all.

[Image: LW7y4w4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:57 PM)Destro Wrote: A positive:
Defense did well, IMO. No massive flashes or anything, but considering they held up.

Yes, but they weren't playing against a good offense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure he didn’t tell Burrow to turn the ball over 5x.

I bet he didn't tell Burrow and Chase to play out of their minds last year either.  I'm open to the idea that he's a good HC, but that mostly depends on him never having a game "that counts" without Burrow, INTs and all.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Why was a backup TE who has never snapped the ball the backup snapper. Karras or Trey Hill should have snapped those kicks much better chance or success.

They probably thought no way it could happen twice. lol
Reply/Quote
At least Burrow and the Bengals made the front page on the Washington Post today..Not in a good way though..
Quote:Super Bowl hangover? Joe Burrow, Bengals have a miserable first half

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/09/11/joe-burrow-turnovers-bengals-steelers/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Anybody who says anybody other than Joe Burrow lost this game for us, just ain't watching the game. It's OK, he'll win a lot more than he'll lose but he lost this one
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow looked like a rookie. Now it’s time to learn how teams will treat the “defending afc champs”. Gotta play way better if you want to make the playoffs this year. Amazing how many injuries we had considering how healthy we were last year. Mixon has to learn to stiff arm, that long 4th down run converted to fg was disappointing on top of it all.

Praying he got the rust off. Made a lot better throws in the second half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:53 PM)Housh Wrote: If this is gonna be the offense healthy then idc about singing Tee or Boyd. Not like either will be able to do shit against good teams

I’d rather resign all the defensive players

What a dumb take. Tee did plenty against “good teams” last year.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I might blame Huber a bit. Should have fallen in the snap in OT and should have ensured the punt snap wasn’t until a couple secs on the play clock

Simmons should get a fair amount of blame for this one.  The Steelers got a big return when his pet boy Morgan got his lunch money taken as a gunner and we lost all contain to that side.  It's his job to either a) have a backup LS ready or b)inform the HC that we don't have a competent LS and we need to go for 2/TD's.  That snafu with Huber at the end where he could have burned another 14 seconds of clock and just wound up banging into the end zone was also terrible.

However, Burrow made bad decisions and kept turning the ball over.  We win easily without the turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody who says anybody other than Joe Burrow lost this game for us, just ain't watching the game. It's OK, he'll win a lot more than he'll lose but he lost this one

agree burrow stunk but zac has a terrible game from coaching. just terrible
Reply/Quote