Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 06:12 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I still depressingly laugh at the fact that our first two offensive snaps of the season were a sack and a pick six.

True...it started on a bad note and ended on a bad note and had some bad notes in the middle there, too.  At least it was insane. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:13 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Can't stand people that call people "buddy"

Especially when said “buddy” can’t stand them. LOL

Reply/Quote
Both lines sucked as well as supporting cast on and off the field. Just hope we’re past this now, but damn that didn’t look good. How are our lines worse?
Reply/Quote
Truthfully......if this loss weren't to the frikkin Squealers it wouldn't be as bad..........for any of us. It was a horrendous loss but it being against the Squealers adds that little extra to it.
Reply/Quote
The loss is bad because it is a Conference AND Division game. ALL games like that are hyper critical. Now at Dallas is a must win game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not your buddy. Enjoy hating on our “woke” QB while you can, Tiger Blood. He won’t stay down for long.

i know i know cause hes superman in your eyes. but reality is like i said many times things that keepin him from being elite yet are still there. not throwing ball aqay, making bad decisions, holding on to long, wanting to play hero ball. hopfully he can clean it up
Reply/Quote
Looks like Watt is out for the year. Early reports are torn pec.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: The loss is bad because it is a Conference AND Division game. ALL games like that are hyper critical. Now at Dallas is a must win game.

Very true, but, as a fan, wouldn't it sting a little less if it weren't against the squealers?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With Steelers-Bengals in OT, here's an almost impossible to believe fact: The Bengals have NEVER SCORED AN OFFENSIVE TD in overtime in their entire franchise history. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a></p>&mdash; John Breech (@johnbreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1569056955036999681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2022</a></blockquote>

Every time overtime starts that's the first thing that comes to mind for me. It's almost impossible to think they can't do it with Burrow and Chase but it's almost like there's this weird franchise mentality that goes "just get into FG range". 

Weird. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:26 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Truthfully......if this loss weren't to the frikkin Squealers it wouldn't be as bad..........for any of us.  It was a horrendous loss but it being against the Squealers adds that little extra to it.

A Terryl Austin defense at that.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Leon Wrote: i guessed excuses from you but it dont change the facts. 

I thought him missing significant time in TC from the surgery was a “fact.”

Anyway, Burrow started slow last year, too.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:28 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Looks like Watt is out for the year. Early reports are torn pec.

Karma for the pos cheapshot artist...
Reply/Quote
Well both SB teams and QB’s have looked like shit so far. What’s the combined ints 8. Insane.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:19 PM)Destro Wrote: It is hard and largely wishful thinking to make broad generalizations, but I think it is safe to assume that if Clark Harris was healthy, the Bengals would have one. 

True, but with that many sacks and turnovers, you’re not expected to win.

(09-11-2022, 06:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s one loss. I wouldn’t be worried.

But it’s a divisional loss. Could be huge at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Ouch that hurts…Chiefs safety Reid kicked an XP and a kickoff due to have a hurt kicker. We can’t make an XP or chip shot fg because of losing our long snapper. Honest to God how does a long snapper get hurt and who the hell snapped that punt to Huber?
Reply/Quote
Looked like a Marvin Lewis team out there today. Not trying to knock coach Lewis but they didn’t look prepared at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Looked like a Marvin Lewis team out there today. Not trying to knock coach Lewis but they didn’t look prepared at all.

lou had his guys ready. zac and offense looked lost
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:34 PM)Rattler Wrote: Karma for the pos cheapshot artist...

X10
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He shouldn't have trusted the backup longsnapper.  Kick it on 1st, fall on every bad snap.  McPherson can kick it from 59 as long as he has a decent snap.  

Ya. That was on Huber. Any bad snap he should have just held onto and try again on 4th down. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Why was a backup TE who has never snapped the ball the backup snapper. Karras or Trey Hill should have snapped those kicks much better chance or success.

Right? A guy whose profession is Center can't snap the ball to someone kneeling, 7 yards away, but a 3rd string TE can?

Wilcox wasn't just bad. He was terribad and an assist goes to Huber for not falling on the high snap in OT and trying again. 

Not a whole lot of situational awareness from this team today...

Reply/Quote