Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Saints @ Bengals***
(11-11-2018, 05:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder how this postgame presser will go with Merv? lol

Let's go ahead and get started.

We did some things well, the score doesn't indicate it. We have to keep running the bawl, get off the field on 3rd downs. We need to convert 3rd downs. We need to convert 2nd downs. We need to convert 1st downs. *giggle for no reason* We need to convert 4th downs. If there were 5th downs, we should try to convert those too, and so forth. I thought we had a good TD early on in the game. We were still in it. We've got to do better in all 3 phases.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't care if we lose today, I just want to see what Ross and the bench bums can do without AJ Green getting in the way.

Well, Ross did OK. Not good, but scored so OK. I'm surprised we didn't see more Erickson in the mix. Mixon did a fine job against the #1 run defense in the league. We are close if they figure it out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You cannot begin to justify continuing to employ a DC that has his unit giving up 500+ yards in each of the previous three games. This wouldn't fly at some high schools, let alone the NFL.

But hey, it's the Bengals so why the **** knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My hats off to the Mods and Admin today.

There are going to be a ton of FIRE X NOW! threads today to clean up...

Malocolm X or X the Owl?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:37 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I have a "good" nervous feeling about this one.  I think we're going to pull it off.  Plus, I'm wearing my lucky boxer briefs!   ThumbsUp
LOL I had the same feeling until the 2nd quarter
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:50 PM)JumboTron Wrote: You cannot begin to justify continuing to employ a DC that has his unit giving up 500+ yards in each of the previous three games.  This wouldn't fly at some high schools, let alone the NFL.

But hey, it's the Bengals so why the f*ck knows.

And 480+ yards four weeks in a row. Just embarrassing.

The offense didn't exactly earn their paychecks today either.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Malocolm X or X the Owl?

X, gonna give it to ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden as HC is 5 - 3, soon 6 - 3 as HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:50 PM)JumboTron Wrote: You cannot begin to justify continuing to employ a DC that has his unit giving up 500+ yards in each of the previous three games.  This wouldn't fly at some high schools, let alone the NFL.

But hey, it's the Bengals so why the f*ck knows.
Agreed fire him ASAP, Micheal Johnson and Non tackling Shawn Williams can go with him. OH and Marvin he can go too he flat out cant coach.
Reply/Quote
32 points per game. That’s how many points the Cincinnati defense gives up per game.
Reply/Quote
We out tackled them 82-44. Per usual that means we got blown out.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The only reason why we will maintain a winning record after today is because of Jameis Winston.

Matt Barkely scored 38 points against the Jets on the road!! lmao
Reply/Quote
Here's a thought.

If the offense didn't suck as bad as they did today, the defense would not have given up more than 500 yards.

Not defending the D, they are a dumpster fire. But after the first drive, the offense did nothing until Driskel's drive at the end, giving the ball right back to the Saints each of those drives.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm not sure, the 500 yards in 3 consecutive games -  DC has to be fired. But this stat is equally as ridiculous, Saints scored on 9 straight possessions. Seriously, what the hell? NINE straight possessions! We went 3 and out like 6 or 7 times in a row a few years ago.

Why do we watch the rest of this season?

How can Hobson spin this?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here's a thought.

If the offense didn't suck as bad as they did today, the defense would not have given up more than 500 yards.

Not defending the D, they are a dumpster fire. But after the first drive, the offense did nothing until Driskel's drive at the end, giving the ball right back to the Saints each of those drives.

Yeah it's basically a shit-storm all around.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 32 points per game.  That’s how many points the Cincinnati defense gives up per game.

And there's got to be a worse stat: yards per game, since we were on track to give up most yards in NFL history - it couldn't have gotten better since I last saw the stat 2 or 3 games ago.

AJ Green needs to leave this dumpster fire, he needs to pull a LeBron.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here's a thought.

Would've certainly helped if the offense had shown up...but they showed up against the Falcons and Bucs and the defense still gave up 495 and 576 yards. So, even if the offense had a solid effort today, I'm not sure it would have changed the Saints yardage total all that much...if any. That's just how bad this defense is unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 05:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Congratulations Teryl Austin and the Cincinnati Bengals. For the first time in NFL history a team has given up over 500 yards in 3 consecutive games. Give yourself a round of applause.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Thank you all for suffering with me. Maybe everyone can do their job next week!! Lmao
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Would've certainly helped if the offense had shown up...but they showed up against the Falcons and Bucs and the defense still gave up 495 and 576 yards. So, even if the offense had a solid effort today, I'm not sure it would have changed the Saints yardage total all that much. 

True enough. Defense is horrific though, that can not be argued.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote