Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 10 injury updates
(11-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I'm not sure we can beat anyone if both Higgins and Chase are out.

Well that’s pessimistic. Lol. I mean it’ll be tough but to not think we
Can beat ANYONE? Then Burrow really is not a good QB then.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well that’s pessimistic. Lol. I mean it’ll be tough but to not think we
Can beat ANYONE? Then Burrow really is not a good QB then.

Not pessimistic.  Realistic.  Irwin and a 6th round rookie aren't gonna get it done, I don't care who's the QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Not pessimistic.  Realistic.  Irwin and a 6th round rookie aren't gonna get it done, I don't care who's the QB.

Boyd, Irwin, Iosivas, Jones and Morgan.    Burrow can shed the "weapons" narrative if he can win with this group.

Can he beat the Texans with these guys?  I'm not scared to find out.

Reply/Quote
Higgins still went limited. Chase isn't even out yet, either.

Boyd + Jones + Irwin + Yoshi + the TEs + Mixon can get it done if needed. If Burrow is healthy is the key. And he looks healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Not pessimistic.  Realistic.  Irwin and a 6th round rookie aren't gonna get it done, I don't care who's the QB.

You're right, it's not pessimistic.

It's flat-out ignorant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Not pessimistic.  Realistic.  Irwin and a 6th round rookie aren't gonna get it done, I don't care who's the QB.

What about Boyd? What about Mixon? Our defense hasn’t given up more than 20 points in 4 weeks.

It’s realistic to say we won’t be as good. It’s entirely pessimistic to say we won’t win any game without tee and Jamar.
Reply/Quote
tee is too fragile

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or give him the ole rfaulk special: pee on it. Mellow

[Image: dSkwLC.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Not pessimistic.  Realistic.  Irwin and a 6th round rookie aren't gonna get it done, I don't care who's the QB.

Josh freaking Dobbs just beat the Falcons with who? While being with the team for like 3 days and you think it's reasonable to think Burrow can't score without Higgins or Chase? As Rubekhan said, if we can't do anything without them then we massively overpaid Burrow. I don't think that's the case though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 10:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: Josh freaking Dobbs just beat the Falcons with who? While being with the team for like 3 days and you think it's reasonable to think Burrow can't score without Higgins or Chase? As Rubekhan said, if we can't do anything without them then we massively overpaid Burrow. I don't think that's the case though. 

I chalk that Vikings win up to the falcons not knowing how to prepare for Minnesota’s offense

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I'm not sure we can beat anyone if both Higgins and Chase are out.

Are you kidding me? Give me a healthy Joe Mixon and a healthy Joe Burrow throwing to Tyler Boyd, Irwin, Yoshi, Hudson and Jones (if he's back) and I wouldn't count us out against anyone. Would it be harder than having Chase and Higgins, sure, but that line up is as good or better than a lot of teams starters. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 07:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're right, it's not pessimistic.

It's flat-out ignorant.

Not saying we don't have a chance.  A healthy Burrow always gives us a chance.  Just saying that I'm not sure without the best 1-2 receivers in the league.  If Joe goes for 350 and a couple of TD's throwing to our JV squad I will happily acknowledge my sin in doubting.

PS Truck, lighten up.  No need to be rude.   Wink
Reply/Quote
I still think Chase plays.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 10:45 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Not saying we don't have a chance.  A healthy Burrow always gives us a chance.  Just saying that I'm not sure without the best 1-2 receivers in the league.  If Joe goes for 350 and a couple of TD's throwing to our JV squad I will happily acknowledge my sin in doubting.

PS Truck, lighten up.  No need to be rude.   Wink

No need to take it personally: it is just an ignorant statement, it doesn't mean the person saying it is ignorant Wink
Reply/Quote
more than 1/2 the Texans active roster is on their injury report. Either they are way more honest than most football teams or they are crazily beat up

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 11:24 AM)pally Wrote: more than 1/2 the Texans active roster is on their injury report. Either they are way more honest than most football teams or they are crazily beat up

They may need to sign a kicker too
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 11:38 AM);Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They may need to sign a kicker too

They signed Matt Ammendola to their practice squad on Tuesday.  So I'm guessing that's who they will go with if Fairbairn can't play.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 11:59 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They signed Matt Ammendola to their practice squad on Tuesday.  So I'm guessing that's who they will go with if Fairbairn can't play.

Fairburn was already ruled out.  They will be elevating Ammendola for the week

Reply/Quote