Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 10 injury updates
(11-09-2023, 12:15 PM)pally Wrote: Fairburn was already ruled out.  They will be elevating Ammendola for the week

I knew Fairbairn most likely was not playing because they expected him to miss at least a week but I didn't see where he was officially ruled out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 10:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: Josh freaking Dobbs just beat the Falcons with who? While being with the team for like 3 days and you think it's reasonable to think Burrow can't score without Higgins or Chase? As Rubekhan said, if we can't do anything without them then we massively overpaid Burrow. I don't think that's the case though. 

An elite TE (Hockenstein) and a REALLY good rookie (Addison), for starters. 
Reply/Quote
I love how some of you still doubt Burrow lol

Not playing with Tee or Chase is just more motivation for him to go out there and beat the doors off the Texans.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: An elite TE (Hockenstein) and a REALLY good rookie (Addison), for starters. 

Hockenson is basically just Hudson if he got the same amount of targets. Don't @ me Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love how some of you still doubt Burrow lol

Not playing with Tee or Chase is just more motivation for him to go out there and beat the doors off the Texans.

Yeah, I am not doubting Burrow right now that is for sure. Sucks Tee had the hammy problem once again right after having his best 
game of the season, but even without our top 2 WR's I could see Burrow with TB, TI, Iosivas, Chuck and our TE's now with Hudson
getting the job done. I find it improbable to even question it with how good Burrow is playing and our TE room finally showing up.

Think Chase will toughen it out and he will at least be out there at times on Sunday anyways.
Reply/Quote
Let's wait and see on Chase and Higgins. It actually sounds like Chase will be able to go while Tee might not be. If that happens we have Boyd, Yoshi, Irwin, Chuck Sizzle and as BUF discovered we do have TEs. Let Burrow cook.
Reply/Quote
Let's have Burrow turn Hudson into the next Kelce or Kittle on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's wait and see on Chase and Higgins. It actually sounds like Chase will be able to go while Tee might not be. If that happens we have Boyd, Yoshi, Irwin, Chuck Sizzle and as BUF discovered we do have TEs. Let Burrow cook.

it is a light practice today...jerseys and sweats, no hitting.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I am not doubting Burrow right now that is for sure. Sucks Tee had the hammy problem once again right after having his best 
game of the season, but even without our top 2 WR's I could see Burrow with TB, TI, Iosivas, Chuck and our TE's now with Hudson
getting the job done. I find it improbable to even question it with how good Burrow is playing and our TE room finally showing up.

Think Chase will toughen it out and he will at least be out there at times on Sunday anyways.

Hopefully he will dress but not play unless he has to.   Want him 100% for the Ravens game
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 03:59 PM)3wt Wrote: Hopefully he will dress but not play unless he has to.   Want him 100% for the Ravens game

Same, I don't think we will need him to play anyway. Let Burrow work with the backup weapons and continue to grow in this game
against a Defense that just gave up 37 points to a Buccaneers team. Boyd is also having a very underrated year.
Reply/Quote
He may or may not go Sunday but no long term damage is great news.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, I don't think we will need him to play anyway. Let Burrow work with the backup weapons and continue to grow in this game
against a Defense that just gave up 37 points to a Buccaneers team. Boyd is also having a very underrated year.
I have him in fantasy and I'm undefeated....... don't be selfish Nate.......... lol

Keep his routes deep on the outside so he's in less of a risk of taking a bit hit coming over the middle or even from a backer sprinting out to the flats.

Selfishly, I want him to play, but keep him out if need-be.

If Burrow didn't look like he was back into form, I'd say he needs to play, but I think we're ok if Burrow plays like he has been recently. 
(11-09-2023, 05:29 PM)SyEric Wrote: He may or may not go Sunday but no long term damage is great news.

Amazing news and hopefully the pain and everything goes away by Sunday.

With Higgins out, I'd rather Chase play, but the long-term picture is more important.
Reply/Quote
Higgins out Sunday sounds like it will be longer too.

Time for Chase to prove he’s the generational talent we all know he is. Higgins held it down well last year when Chase was crocked.

It’s just shit with the rats coming up too.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 06:32 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Higgins out Sunday sounds like it will be longer too.

Time for Chase to prove he’s the generational talent we all know he is. Higgins held it down well last year when Chase was crocked.

Have no doubt Chase will rise to the occasion if healthy. Chase is the complete package, but needs to learn to just let his play speak for himself sometimes. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The thing is, it sounds like it is just a tolerance thing with Chase. He cannot really make it worse by playing. But a hammy......that can go south if you ask it for too much too soon.

Look, this is why having three great receivers is so beneficial. If one goes down, you still have the other 2. Even down 2, you still have one. We have 3 WRs who have multiple 1,000 yard seasons, for us, with this head coach? How many can say that?

This is also why you go out and draft Chuck Sizzle & Yoshi. To upgrade your depth. They have 3 TDs bwletween them, and that is with Jones missing 5l4 games. And Irwin has an 8 catch game this year when Tee was out.

Let Joe cook.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 05:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have him in fantasy and I'm undefeated....... don't be selfish Nate.......... lol

Keep his routes deep on the outside so he's in less of a risk of taking a bit hit coming over the middle or even from a backer sprinting out to the flats.

Selfishly, I want him to play, but keep him out if need-be.

If Burrow didn't look like he was back into form, I'd say he needs to play, but I think we're ok if Burrow plays like he has been recently. 

Amazing news and hopefully the pain and everything goes away by Sunday.

With Higgins out, I'd rather Chase play, but the long-term picture is more important.

Well, I hope he plays and plays great for your sake Brad lol

Regardless the only selfishness from me is wanting to win this next game and go into the Ravens game ready for war.

(11-09-2023, 06:32 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Higgins out Sunday sounds like it will be longer too.

Chase always does great as long as he is targeted when in and Burrow is accurate.

I have no doubt in Ja'Marr Chase playing well with Tee out. Now, I had doubts about Tee before this last game though.

He just wasn't playing well before it and he does get banged up a lot more than Chase.

(11-09-2023, 06:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have no doubt Chase will rise to the occasion if healthy. Chase is the complete package, but needs to learn to just let his play speak for himself sometimes. 

Agreed.

(11-09-2023, 06:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The thing is, it sounds like it is just a tolerance thing with Chase. He cannot really make it worse by playing. But a hammy......that can go south if you ask it for too much too soon.

Look, this is why having three great receivers is so beneficial. If one goes down, you still have the other 2. Even down 2, you still have one. We have 3 WRs who have multiple 1,000 yard seasons, for us, with this head coach? How many can say that?

This is also why you go out and draft Chuck Sizzle & Yoshi. To upgrade your depth. They have 3 TDs bwletween them, and that is with Jones missing 5l4 games. And Irwin has an 8 catch game this year when Tee was out.

Let Joe cook.

Yeah, we are pretty spoiled with our WR's and how we went and added good depth on top of it.

Let Tee rest the hammy.
Reply/Quote
If Chase cant go or will be limited we do have Kendric Pryor and Shedrick Jackson on the practice squad we could elevate. Pryor has 4.3 speed and Jackson has 4.2 speed. I think we need at least one WR who has the speed to get behind a defense so the defense would need to worry about that part of the Bengals offense. Jackson showed some flashes in preseason and even though it was last year Pryor looked outstanding in preseason. If I had to elevate one of them it would be Pryor but we dont see what the coaches see in practice so who knows.
Reply/Quote

Tee Higgins expected to miss Sunday’s game vs. Texans - Cincy Jungle

For anyone wanting a link with this info.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 07:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Tee Higgins expected to miss Sunday’s game vs. Texans - Cincy Jungle

For anyone wanting a link with this info.

With Higgins missing and Chase maybe not being able to play or go at 100%,  you have to elevate either Pryor or Jackson at this point.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote