Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 10 injury updates
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/11/9/23954464/jamarr-chase-back-injury-bengals-news

Chase got in a light practice today and says he has a back bruise and the MRI came back negative. I think we'll most definitely have him out there Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 08:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/11/9/23954464/jamarr-chase-back-injury-bengals-news

Chase got in a light practice today and says he has a back bruise and the MRI came back negative.  I think we'll most definitely have him out there Sunday.

Is it wild to anyone else that they waited until Tuesday to have an MRI? You'd think they would have given him one immedietly after the game on Sunday...

I'm sure there's a reason for it (swelling to go down or something), but man that just seems like it should have been a big priority. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is it wild to anyone else that they waited until Tuesday to have an MRI? You'd think they would have given him one immedietly after the game on Sunday...

I'm sure there's a reason for it (swelling to go down or something), but man that just seems like it should have been a big priority. 

The MRI may have simply been precautionary.  Chase was a DNP and they have an MRI machine there at the stadium, they may have just done one to be extra safe.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is it wild to anyone else that they waited until Tuesday to have an MRI? You'd think they would have given him one immedietly after the game on Sunday...

Without radicular symptoms or a focal neurological deficit on physical exam there really is no need for an MRI. If he was a normal patient not on an NFL team he wouldn't get one because the insurance would deny it.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 12:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Without radicular symptoms or a focal neurological deficit on physical exam there really is no need for an MRI. If he was a normal patient not on an NFL team he wouldn't get one because the insurance would deny it.

He ended up getting one... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 08:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: tee is too fragile

I don't think it is that at all. 

I think Tee just isn't going to play through the pain and risk an injury for a team that extended everyone but him. He's looking at a huge contract at the end of the season, would you personally risk making $20 million dollars a year for a group that hasn't extended you and drafted a guy to replace you the year after they took you?

It sucks as a fan, but can you really blame him? If I knew I just had to stay in one piece for a season to get my big $$$ contract, I'm not playing through much pain either.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think it is that at all. 

I think Tee just isn't going to play through the pain and risk an injury for a team that extended everyone but him. He's looking at a huge contract at the end of the season, would you personally risk making $20 million dollars a year for a group that hasn't extended you and drafted a guy to replace you the year after they took you?

It sucks as a fan, but can you really blame him? If I knew I just had to stay in one piece for a season to get my big $$$ contract, I'm not playing through much pain either.

He’s had 1 big game through half the season. He’s not doing himself any favors as far as getting paid by missing time.

And a hamstring is not really something you just play through the pain. He has a very visible limp right now, and would be pretty useless out there if he did play.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think it is that at all. 

Hamstrings tend to linger and keep guys out for a couple weeks.  I don't think Tee is faking or being overly conservative.  He's likely legitimately hurt and it wouldn't be something the coaches would want him to play through for fear of it affecting him down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Chase was drafted to replace AJ, not Tee.  Everyone knows that.

Tee has probably played himself out of a huge contract next year.  He's currently 67th in receiving yards, 79th in catches, and 177th out of qualifying players in catch %.  He isn't on pace to even sniff 1000 yards and that's not even taking into account he's likely going to miss more games.  At this point, his best case scenario is probably balling out on the FT to get a big deal in '25, but with as little as the Bengals have gotten out of Higgins this year, you have to wonder if Reader or Williams will jump him for the tag.  If the young guys ball out in his absence, that seems more and more likely.
Reply/Quote
Chase practicing, Tee isn't. Sam isn't either. Sam could play without practice but I don't see them risking it with Baltimore on a short week is the next game

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Don’t think Houston is much of a running team so if Sam’s going to miss a game this is probably the one to miss.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s had 1 big game through half the season. He’s not doing himself any favors as far as getting paid by missing time.

And a hamstring is not really something you just play through the pain. He has a very visible limp right now, and would be pretty useless out there if he did play.

(11-10-2023, 01:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hamstrings tend to linger and keep guys out for a couple weeks.  I don't think Tee is faking or being overly conservative.  He's likely legitimately hurt and it wouldn't be something the coaches would want him to play through for fear of it affecting him down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Chase was drafted to replace AJ, not Tee.  Everyone knows that.

Tee has probably played himself out of a huge contract next year.  He's currently 67th in receiving yards, 79th in catches, and 177th out of qualifying players in catch %.  He isn't on pace to even sniff 1000 yards and that's not even taking into account he's likely going to miss more games.  At this point, his best case scenario is probably balling out on the FT to get a big deal in '25, but with as little as the Bengals have gotten out of Higgins this year, you have to wonder if Reader or Williams will jump him for the tag.  If the young guys ball out in his absence, that seems more and more likely.

I agree the hamstring isn't a play through the pain moment. A hamstring can impact an entire season look no further than Keenan Allen last year. However, I think you both can agree that there will be less reason for Tee to try and push it like you will see other players do at 90% when he is looking to a contract. His numbers this year haven't be earth shattering but teams will still pay a high premium for a guy at his age with his previous production and both he and his agent know that.

It was about the "soft" comment as I really think Tee's heart isn't in it this year. The contested catches, he doesn't look like he is going all in on those, more protecting himself. I've seen several times where it looks like he is trying to avoid a bigger hit or looks more focused on his landing then securing the ball. All things you see from guys that are being "careful" during a contract issue.

I hate it. If the team isn't going to extend him, they should have traded him. Send him somewhere, let him get paid and let him play without holding back.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 12:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He ended up getting one... 

And? You asked if anyone else thought it was wild a MRI wasn't performed until Tuesday.  I explained why it isn't wild. Probably the only indication for the MRI is because he plays in the NFL.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Lumbar Spine in People without Back Pain | NEJM

Quote:We found a high prevalence of abnormalities in the lumbar spine on MRI examination of people without back pain. Only 36 percent of those examined had a normal disk at all levels. About half had a bulge at at least one intervertebral disk, and about a quarter had at least one disk protrusion. Given the high prevalence of back pain in the population, the discovery of a bulge or protrusion on an MRI scan in a patient with low back pain may frequently be coincidental. Therefore, the clinical picture should be correlated with the MRI results. Abnormalities of the lumbar spine by MRI examination can be meaningless if considered in isolation.

The majority of people without back pain have abnormal MRI results.  What do you do with those patients with abnormal results? Don't order unnecessary tests if they won't change the treatment plan.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: Chase practicing, Tee isn't.  Sam isn't either.  Sam could play without practice but I don't see them risking it with Baltimore on a short week is the next game

With Hubbard not playing Sample will get alot of reps but there's a path for Myles Murphy to make an impact in this game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sam and Tee have both been ruled out for Sunday.

You don't fool around with hamstrings especially for wide receivers and running backs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 02:26 PM)pally Wrote: Sam and Tee have both been ruled out for Sunday.

You don't fool around with hamstrings especially for wide receivers and running backs.  

Well, for those lamenting the lack of Ossai snaps, this week is it. I assume Cam Sample will start for Hubbard, but Murphy & Ossau should get more snaps. 

No word on Chuck Sizzle being activated yet? He's been full the last two days. Even if he is activated, I'd still expect a WR elevation from the PS. If he isn't, maybe two. Morgan was active as the gunner for Anderson last week. But if no Tee + Sizzle, then at least one of Pryor or Lassiter or Jackson need to be active. 
Reply/Quote
I hope Tee can make it back for Baltimore, but I am not optimistic..
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 02:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree the hamstring isn't a play through the pain moment. A hamstring can impact an entire season look no further than Keenan Allen last year. However, I think you both can agree that there will be less reason for Tee to try and push it like you will see other players do at 90% when he is looking to a contract. His numbers this year haven't be earth shattering but teams will still pay a high premium for a guy at his age with his previous production and both he and his agent know that.

It was about the "soft" comment as I really think Tee's heart isn't in it this year. The contested catches, he doesn't look like he is going all in on those, more protecting himself. I've seen several times where it looks like he is trying to avoid a bigger hit or looks more focused on his landing then securing the ball. All things you see from guys that are being "careful" during a contract issue.

I hate it. If the team isn't going to extend him, they should have traded him. Send him somewhere, let him get paid and let him play without holding back.

Oh Yes, the Free Agency contracts.    So far Higgins is taking the year off as AJ Green did before free agency.  Of course Green was running pretty good, making Dave Lapham and others wonder why Green not playing.  Higgins has actually been way too injured.  You do raise the point of Free Agency though, and how much more, if at all, will we see Higgins on the field for Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 07:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Chase cant go or will be limited we do have Kendric Pryor and Shedrick Jackson on the practice squad we could elevate.  Pryor has 4.3 speed and Jackson has 4.2 speed.  I think we need at least one WR who has the speed to get behind a defense so the defense would need to worry about that part of the Bengals offense.  Jackson showed some flashes in preseason and even though it was last year Pryor looked outstanding in preseason.  If I had to elevate one of them it would be Pryor but we dont see what the coaches see in practice so who knows.

We got Kendrick Pryor back? I thought he was plucked off our PS last year by the Jags?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got Kendrick Pryor back? I thought he was plucked off our PS last year by the Jags?

Kendrick Pryor.  Super Bowl here we come. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t think Houston is much of a running team so if Sam’s going to miss a game this is probably the one to miss.

Good point, makes me feel better about Sam not playing in this game.

(11-10-2023, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: With Hubbard not playing Sample will get alot of reps but there's a path for Myles Murphy to make an impact in this game. 

Really like what I have seen of Cam Sample this year and yeah, sure would be nice to see some good things from Murphy.

Also would be nice to see Ossai play and look good, he clearly hasn't been 100% so far this season.
Reply/Quote