Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders***
(11-21-2021, 09:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The defense keeps winning us games, even with all the bashing they get.

Well the defense showed back up. They had disappeared there for a couple games.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:24 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well the defense showed back up. They had disappeared there for a couple games.

Thank god since offense has pretty much disappeared today, defense is the reason we are where we are right now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 08:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: That’s how you get an interception, no one in the NFL advises such an idea short of throwing at a Hb feet but he was opposite Burrows vision.

Dude...you better go tell Daniel Jones he can't throw the ball away, in the general direction of his receivers, at the last second to avoid a sack. Cause he just did it.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude...you better go tell Daniel Jones he can't throw the ball away, in the general direction of his receivers, at the last second to avoid a sack. Cause he just did it.  Cool

Many people have told Daniel Jones many things about good QB play but he tends to not listen, it’s why his coach/GM/ and probably he will be out of NY soon. This is not the “burn” you think this is haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Many people have told Daniel Jones many things about good QB play but he tends to not listen, it’s why his coach/GM/ and probably he will be out of NY soon. This is not the “burn” you think this is haha.

No burn holmes. Just a point that it is done. I wouldn't advise a young QB to be doing all sorts of crazy things--so maybe it's too much to ask of Burrow--but it is a tool that can and should be used. QBs know where their receivers are and it's not hard to throw the ball in that direction, like Jones did. 

Qbs are always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss, and while it is more dangerous in the pocket, a good QB should/could do it. 

Hell, i've never played in the NFL or even college but i've done it back in the caveman days when i played QB. 

The biggest knock against it, when in the pocket, is you mostly want a QB to extend a play and try to actually gain yards. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No burn holmes. Just a point that it is done. I wouldn't advise a young QB to be doing all sorts of crazy things--so maybe it's too much to ask of Burrow--but it is a tool that can and should be used. QBs know where their receivers are and it's not hard to throw the ball in that direction, like Jones did. 

Qbs are always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss, and while it is more dangerous in the pocket, a good QB should/could do it. 

Hell, i've never played in the NFL or even college but i've done it back in the caveman days when i played QB. 

The biggest knock against it, when in the pocket, is you mostly want a QB to extend a play and try to actually gain yards. 

No it’s not a “tool that should be used” hence why no one tells their QB’s to half heartedly throw a ball kind of by a receiver to avoid a sack. I know this because I know people who have played in the league as well as scouts currently in the league.

No they aren’t always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss. In fact, Manning and Brady were notorious for simply falling down in the pocket if everyone was covered rather than taking the hit or potentially throwing the int.

That’s why you didn’t, because whoever was your coach in HS taught you wrong.

No, the biggest knock is that a sack isn’t the worst thing that can happen on a play a turnover is and that is a tactic that will result in more turnovers than any potential good it will do…which is why NFL coaches do not tell their QBs to do such nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: No it’s not a “tool that should be used” hence why no one tells their QB’s to half heartedly throw a ball kind of by a receiver to avoid a sack. I know this because I know people who have played in the league as well as scouts currently in the league.

No they aren’t always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss. In fact, Manning and Brady were notorious for simply falling down in the pocket if everyone was covered rather than taking the hit or potentially throwing the int.

No, the biggest knock is that a sack isn’t the worst thing that can happen on a play a turnover is and that is a tactic that will result in more turnovers than any potential good it will do…which is why NFL coaches do not tell their QBs to do such nonsense.

…and as I finished this Daniel Jones, in an attempt to avoid the sack, half heartedly threw the ball towards a receiver and got intercepted. The whole football world rushes to say how bad Daniel Jones is but Rfaulk34 wants everyone to know that’s a tool every QB should have!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: No it’s not a “tool that should be used” hence why no one tells their QB’s to half heartedly throw a ball kind of by a receiver to avoid a sack. I know this because I know people who have played in the league as well as scouts currently in the league.

lol

Sure thing champ.

Reply/Quote

If you're going to bother to make a shitty response, get your ***** facts right before typing.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: …and as I finished this Daniel Jones, in an attempt to avoid the sack, half heartedly threw the ball towards a receiver and got intercepted. The whole football world rushes to say how bad Daniel Jones is but Rfaulk34 wants everyone to know that’s a tool every QB should have!

You just keep sitting back listening to everything people tell you, thinking you know half as much as you do, meanwhile i'll be comfortable in the knowlege that a shit ton of the most memorable plays in the NFL were done off script. 

Maybe you're under the delusion that i think coaches should teach things like this. Maybe you're under the equally as delusional and even more wrong impression that i think anyone actually does teach this. 

Who knows, maybe you think the interception you're referencing has anything to do with what's being discussed. On all fronts, you're wrong. The pass Jones had picked off, was probably picked off because he was hit as he was trying to throw to the RB crossing. In any event, i doubt he was trying to throw it away. 

Go take your hurt feelings, which were caused by me pointing out that i was right about a QB throwing the ball away to avoid a sack--which Jones did with no negative consequences--against what you believe from all these great connections in the NFL world you have, and go play in the street. 

Reply/Quote

Too bad you don't know a guy named Dave Lapham, a former guard from the Cincinnati Bengals, who just a couple hours ago referenced that very thing on Bengals line and how much offensive linemen hate when a QB does that because they feel like after they work that hard, the QB just gives up.

I mean, he was actually in the NFL, so what he says is the way it is, right?

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Too bad you don't know a guy named Dave Lapham, a former guard from the Cincinnati Bengals, who just a couple hours ago referenced that very thing on Bengals line and how much offensive linemen hate when a QB does that because they feel like after they work that hard, the QB just gives up.

I mean, he was actually in the NFL, so what he says is the way it is, right?

I will take the word of a current NFL PS QB who I’m in a group chat with who said your absolutely wrong. The team he is on kind of has a QB guru head coach so I’ll role with that. It was also backed up by a HB who played six years in the league and a WR who played 8…all agree your wrong. You can try and take Dave Lapham comments about not liking sacks and morph them to your idea that a QB should just throw it over by someone, but I’ll take the answers from the actual guys who were given the EXACT comment you made and laughed.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: I will take the word of a current NFL PS QB who I’m in a group chat with who said your absolutely wrong. The team he is on kind of has a QB guru head coach so I’ll role with that. It was also backed up by a HB who played six years in the league and a WR who played 8…all agree your wrong. You can try and take Dave Lapham comments about not liking sacks and morph them to your idea that a QB should just throw it over by someone, but I’ll take the answers from the actual guys who were given the EXACT comment you made and laughed.

lol. Name dropper. 

Pics or it didn't happen. For the record, i know you're full of shit and making stuff up. 

You're just as bad as the trolls i have on ignore, only on the other end of the spectrum. You're reading comprehension is probably just as bad (probably because yours is and being trolls, theirs probably is as well).  

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. Name dropper. 

Pics or it didn't happen. For the record, i know you're full of shit and making stuff up. 

You're just as bad as the trolls i have on ignore, only on the other end of the spectrum. You're reading comprehension is probably just as bad (probably because yours is and being trolls, theirs probably is as well).  

Jarius Wright is the WR. I won’t name the QB since he’s still in the league and the HB because he’s still trying to get back in the league. You can believe what you want, anyone who actually knows football at a high level can look back at my history posting and know when I talk scheme concepts etc I actually know what I’m talking about. You want to die on a hill talking nonsense that’s fine, you should probably go ahead and block me though because I’ll continue to correct your nonsense as it comes up.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: I will take the word of a current NFL PS QB who I’m in a group chat with who said your absolutely wrong. The team he is on kind of has a QB guru head coach so I’ll role with that. It was also backed up by a HB who played six years in the league and a WR who played 8…all agree your wrong. You can try and take Dave Lapham comments about not liking sacks and morph them to your idea that a QB should just throw it over by someone, but I’ll take the answers from the actual guys who were given the EXACT comment you made and laughed.

Will ya now?  

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Will ya now?  

We doing the grammar thing? That's cool.

Here is the screenshot from Jarius, but you will say it's fake which is fine. I will bet you your existence on this board it's not and if you want to take me up on it I will prove it's 8 year NFL veteran Jarius Wright and you disappear for good. I will have him send a picture with my screen name here tomorrow or do a quick video telling you your wrong if you want to take me up on it. You said I was full of it and a troll so this should be an easy call out right?

[Image: JW.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Jarius Wright is the WR. I won’t name the QB since he’s still in the league and the HB because he’s still trying to get back in the league. You can believe what you want, anyone who actually knows football at a high level can look back at my history posting and know when I talk scheme concepts etc I actually know what I’m talking about. You want to die on a hill talking nonsense that’s fine, you should probably go ahead and block me though because I’ll continue to correct your nonsense as it comes up.

Great. You know how to use the google. 

[Image: 56d.gif]

Your naming a QB or HB on a message board has no bearing as to whether or not they get back in the leauge. 

If you think so highly of yourself as to "correct my nonsense", you better get your facts straight first so you look less like a fool. Clout chasing, name dropping internet trolls don't impress me but they are easy to see and point out. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: We doing the grammar thing? 

Just to be a dick.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great. You know how to use the google. 

[Image: 56d.gif]

Your naming a QB or HB on a message board has no bearing as to whether or not they get back in the leauge. 

If you think so highly of yourself as to "correct my nonsense", you better get your facts straight first so you look less like a fool. Clout chasing, name dropping internet trolls don't impress me but they are easy to see and point out. 

Because they don’t want their names on the internet and ending up on barstool or some shit. Being a distraction when you’re a fringe guy is a cardinal sin. I got the picture above of a veteran NFL WR telling you your wrong. If you want to take the bet and get the personalized video telling you your a fool just let me know.

You won’t take the bet though because I think deep down you know you actually have no clue what you are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: JW.png]

It is sad though, that you still can't get it right. Exactly what Daniel Jones did, when he threw the ball away to avoid a sack--with zero negative consequences--is what i was talking about. Him getting hit and throwing an interception, while he wasn't trying to throw it away (how in the hell are you going to claim he was trying to throw it away when it went far left of the RB, right into the defenders arms) is not what i was talking about. 

Dispute the facts and not some made up shit in your head. Or just keep twisting and making stuff up and looking silly. 

I dare you to find one instance where i said a coach should teach, or even tell a QB to do that. It's a simple concept, 'Mr. i know what i'm talking about'. A QB drops back, the pocket closes, he knows a receiver is in an intermediate area and throws the ball a couple yards short of him, avoiding a sack. Just like Jones did--and i don't give a shit about Jones' "talents" or lack thereof, or what your imaginary friends say about him--he threw the ball away, avoided a sack and moved on to the next down. Quarterbacks improvise all the time. Something you should know with your all-world knowledge of the game. 

Reply/Quote