Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
Sad we lost two Joes. I was hoping the Bengals would change the team name to, "Joes and the Pussycats."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the elbow injury hurt him more than the knee.

Probably true...

But I remember when he came back from the leg injury and was dancing in the pocket, never comfortable and looked basically afraid of taking another hit.

With the hits Burrow has taken this season, I'm worried that will be his situation too. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:42 PM)R3stangs Wrote: People said the bengals would ruin him. I didn't believe it but now this injury is a direct result of how this franchise is managed. Looking at it now as just a matter of time.

I mean, in my heart I knew we’d ruin him, I just thought it would take a lot longer than 10 games.

Glad we franchised a 33 WR who does nothing, and waited until the 6th round to take OL. Those are clearly the best moves for protecting a franchise QB.

**** this team. The only thing now that can put the shit cherry on this horrible ***** year is the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. I should place a bet now because I’m 99.9% certain it will happen.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not that it matters, but this game is lost. The team is done.

Just shows how mentally weak they are. QB goes down and the defense becomes a sieve. 

Already knew the O was going to shit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And like Palmer, will probably never be the same guy.

Very few QBs suffer serious injuries like that and return the same. 

(11-22-2020, 05:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the elbow injury hurt him more than the knee.

Yup.  Palmer actually performed better after the knee injury.

And ultimately he fully recovered from the elbow by the time he was in AZ.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Riiiiiiight. Because it's not possible to create a new account if you delete an existing one. Rolleyes 

But, that takes time and effort.  Something I could recognize and stop myself from doing.
Logging in is too easy... especially with a saved password.
Reply/Quote
anybody else sad
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Probably true...

But I remember when he came back from the leg injury and was dancing in the pocket, never comfortable and looked basically afraid of taking another hit.

With the hits Burrow has taken this season, I'm worried that will be his situation too. 

He did struggle early coming back from the knee injury, but his biggest problem was not trusting his knee enough to fully step into throws, took him a few weeks to get back to that. Could be the same with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m going to stay optimistic about the Burrow injury. He’s young and guys comeback from knee injuries pretty quickly these days. If it’s season ending (which I think it is) he got some pretty good experience this year, so it’s not a complete lost rookie season. What really sucks, since we weren’t going to win anything this season anyways, is he won’t get to set any rookie records now.

I could care less about rookie record and I’m sure he can too. He would have got screwed over anyway since he’s a Bengal. Best case would be for him to be out the rest of this year and ready for training camp. No point in throwing him back out behind this shitty line anymore this season. Just so Taylor can have him throw 60-70 passes a game. Knew this would happen, actually surprised he made it to week 10. That’s the shitty part, of this is a Palmer like injury he won’t be ready for the start of next season. Taylor just needs to go. This whole staff needs to be blown up and started over.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: anybody else sad

Not sad. Livid.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK,,,what's the injury?

Context matters.

The exchange wasn't talking about the specific injury; only its significance. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:07 PM)samhain Wrote: So top 5 pick?  Are we back in the hunt for Sewell?

Yes.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The idea that our good players dont get hurt or that it's a players fault on a freak injury.i feel bad for Burrow and bengals as I did when palmer Carter etc went down  but it is a physical sport these things happen to act like jordan is at fault is overreaction 

The OLine and it's entirely is to blame, along with the cheap ass owner that signed them.  Maybe not Jordan's specific fault but it's definitely the fault of the group he is a part of
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote: But, that takes time and effort.  Something I could recognize and stop myself from doing.
Logging in is too easy... especially with a saved password.

So delete the password!

BTW, accounts cannot be deleted, just left inactive...
Reply/Quote

Carson never relied on his mobility that much anyway.  The injury didn't help him, but his game was centered around a crazy accurate deep ball.  Psychologically, it likely shook him up.

Burrow, on the other hand uses his legs a lot to maneuver in the pocket and extend plays.

I don't worry that he won't be back.  I don't know what the injury is and neither does anyone else.  Maybe it will be something he can recover from by summer.  

I absolutely worry about how this will effect his game when he gets back.  He will not be the same without his maneuverability.  He's not a statue in the pocket type of guy.
Reply/Quote
Sewell is suddenly not out of reach!

After they lose to all of these sorry NFC east teams they will be looking at a top three pick for sure
It won’t do them any good but will provide another exciting draft day.
You know you’re a Bengals fan when the best time of the year is the draft/off-season and not fall when your team actually plays.
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown is..
They Cancelled all Reruns of Bonanza and Hee Haw
Whats he supposed to watch on Sundays now
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Not sad. Livid.

Sad, mad, all the same lol. We all predicted it, and it came to fruition. Let's all predict he's back next year and normal, he is an exceptional player and I think he can make an exceptional comeback.
Reply/Quote

Yep. This team is no fun to watch without Burrow. Literally the defense sucks, special team sucks, running game sucks,. There is literally no thing fun about this team sans Burrow. Plus you just hate to see a kid put everything into this team, and have 0 support and clueless coaching staff. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  Palmer actually performed better after the knee injury.

And ultimately he fully recovered from the elbow by the time he was in AZ.

I'm talking more about the season he came back after the knee injury and I remember watching him in the pocket like he was nervous, and dancing around. 

The physical aspect is one thing, Joe can probably come back and be close to 100% but the mental side of guys diving at his legs, and the hits...  that is what changed in Palmer after his injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote